ADVERTISEMENT

You Talkin About Stressing Out!

Steat

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Look at this freakin chart going into next season! Hope Roy can pull it out. I'm thinking he needs to sign a point guard and 3-4 positionless players that can play 2-4 on the floor.

9211159.png

1 Steat, 1 minute ago

I'm sorry, but it certainly looks like something Roy could win a ton with to me! If everyone is healthy (a big if) then I am looking at skilled depth at every position! A creative (some might call mad) genius like Roy can put untold combinations together from extremely small:
Anthony, Keeling, BRob, Pierce, Brooks
to extremely large:

Black,Keeling, Brooks, Bacot, Manley

Health may cause some sleepless nights, but talent/depth not so much!

Reactions: dtodd4475 and iwish
I think you have 4 of the starting 5 locked in. Anthony , Keeling , Pierce , and Brooks. If Bacot can be productive and play 22-25 MPG this team could be really good. The 3 perimeter players are as strong as anybodies this coming year. Pierce is a good versatile athlete and player at 6'6"- 6'7" and the backcourt can flat out fill it up. You will lose 3 of those 5 after this season most likely. Bacot doesn't seem to be a one and done , if he is I think it's like Tony Bradley where you sneak into the latter part of the 1st round lat in the season.

You lose Robinson too , so you are likely bringing in another high end big/forward with Sharpe , another PG , and a couple of versatile/interchangeable wings.

Either I am misreading Steat’s point or everyone that has responded is. I thought Steat was addressing a concern for the 2020-21 season by showing the current roster makeup. Otherwise, not sure I understand the post because the roster for this season looks dang good.

Talking about next season.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Talking about next season.

My bad. 2020-2021 is a little more stressful BUT: I really believe that our recruiting has bounced all the way back. I think that by then we will not have to "stress" at all! Consider: 1. 5* have started putting us at the top of their lists. 2. Multiple FF and a ton of winning. 3. Peeps drafted in the 1st round. 4. OAD players getting to be OAD. 5. No more NCAA stuff. 6 Other schools about to get hammered. 7 Roy freaking Williams! 8. UNC is UNC again!

It is good to be the king! (again)

Anthony, Keeling, Brooks, and Bacot are first day starters. Black, BRob, and Pierce will vie for the other spot.
Pierce will get it. He scores better than Leaky and has the superior body and frame to bang at this point. I like the idea for Leaky as the 6th man due to his ability to play multiple positions.

I seem to remember some stress and panic about the 2018-2019 team. An ACC title later, and here we are again.

We’ll have Brooks, Huff, Manley, Sharpe, Black, Harris, Platek, Francis, and whoever we add next. Trust in Roy.
At this juncture, 3 of those guys look like legit ACC starters. That's giving Leaky the benefit of doubt (because of his lingering injury and limited minutes as a frosh). And it's assuming Sharpe doesn't need a year to transition - which a lot of freshmen do. I'm assuming Brooks stays on his trajectory and is solid.

It's hard to win in the ACC with only 3 ACC-caliber starters.

I agree with @Steat - Roy needs to get crackin'.

Sure, sure, some of those guys could come around. Francis could be healthy - and he looked really good 2 years ago. Platek is pretty good and I don't think we've seen the best we can get from him. Harris should be solid as a soph, but solid as a starter or a backup? Even Manley and Huff might surprise us. . . . But that's a lot of ifs and maybes.

Reactions: Steat
Will 2020-21 be the last OAD year? Does that mean guys like Sharpe and any others we recruit for 2020-21 will be competing with the best from HS if they enter the draft after their freshman year?

Just trying to get clear on that.

I seem to remember some stress and panic about the 2018-2019 team. An ACC title later, and here we are again.
True, but we had a lot of question marks going into last season. Luckily, several of the answers we got were really good. Coby and Cam, in particular.

We might have even more question marks going into this season - from slow-healing injuries to integrating all the new faces. But Roy filled a lot of holes with freshman talent and experienced transfers.

I'm mostly optimistic and curious. Not so much worried.

Will 2020-21 be the last OAD year? Does that mean guys like Sharpe and any others we recruit for 2020-21 will be competing with the best from HS if they enter the draft after their freshman year?

Just trying to get clear on that.

Yep, high school kids will be able to jump directly to the NBA and Sharpe will compete with them. I expect Sharpe to jump after one year. He is that good.

Do y’all ever enjoy the season coming up...

The Heels could win the NCAA title this year and the fans will forget it once next season starts. There is no break. As the cliche goes..."Been there, done that". The vultures will be out if the Heels start out slow. The Heels are "expected" to have a good team every year. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT