ADVERTISEMENT

Your dream car...

Archer2

Hall of Famer
Aug 5, 2009
The Old North State
If I won the lottery and could afford any car I wanted, I'd buy one of these. A '68 Shelby GT500KR, medium blue. Of course I'd want a restomod with modern suspension, brakes, steering, stereo, etc... I'd want a car with that body style but that drove and handled like a modern car and that I could drive regularly. No parking it in a garage for me. How about you? What's your dream car?

1968_00059_03wc.jpg

If I won the lottery and could afford any car I wanted, I'd buy one of these. A '68 Shelby GT500KR, medium blue. Of course I'd want a restomod with modern suspension, brakes, steering, stereo, etc... I'd want a car with that body style but that drove and handled like a modern car and that I could drive regularly. No parking it in a garage for me. How about you? What's your dream car?

1968_00059_03wc.jpg
Nothing like Murican muscle.

Reactions: Archer2
Something less than $40,000 and I'll devote the money I saved by not buying a super expensive car toward a house.
There you go sticking practicality where it doesn't belong again.

How about if somebody said, I will give you one car, money is no object? You can't sell it for five years.

Or to put it another way, what is your favorite car of all time?

@Archer2 forgive me for presuming, but that's what you intended, right?

How about if somebody said, I will give you one car, money is no object? You can't sell it for five years.

Okay, well in that case and if I have to take a car, I'd say Audi TT or something like that. I'm not a huge car guy.

Okay, well in that case and if I have to take a car, I'd say Audi TT or something like that. I'm not a huge car guy.
I'm not one either. I was raised on a car lot and if a car is dependable I don't what how old it is or what make it is.

That's exactly what I meant. We're fantasizing here, say you won this last Power Ball, $400 odd million. What I wouldn't do is buy a huge mansion. I'd build a nice 3 bedroom log cabin on about 100 acres of land with a nice fishing pond. I'd probably give half to charity. But I would have a '68 Shelby GT500 restomod, undoubtedly. I prefer American muscle cars of the '60's to any cars made, regardless of price. I was 15 when that car came out so it brings back great memories.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
Having ridden with you behind the wheel, I can agree that my dream car is one that drives for you.
I wish I had a witty comeback, but we both know you speak the truth.

For those of you who haven't driven with me, he's not referring to my driving. He's referring to my road rage directed at the other morons with whom I have to share the road.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Reactions: tarheel0910
So, something small and modest. ;)
Well, land is finite. And while I don't need or want a huge house, I would love enough land to do some farming, have a couple of horses, and a big garden. Most importantly, a nice sized fishing pond stocked with fish. And something to pass on to someone when I die. I'm just a country boy at heart.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT