ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite international trip/vacation

My wife and I flew into Puerto Vallarta, rented a Jeep, took the top down and drove down the Mexican coast about 5 hours to this ridiculously secluded property called El Tamerindo. Driving through beach towns, mountains, 1 lane dirt roads dodging buses, you name it. This was probably 2000-2001....awesome trip but wouldn't do it now for sure.

My 16 year old son was invited by his piano instructor to participate in a 12-day chamber music event in Tuscany this summer. He and my wife will fly into Rome and drive an hour or so to some little town. That should be pretty cool.

I think I'm gonna do the Scotland golf thing next year and maybe take my dad and father-in-law. We'll see.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
My wife and I flew into Puerto Vallarta, rented a Jeep, took the top down and drove down the Mexican coast about 5 hours to this ridiculously secluded property called El Tamerindo. Driving through beach towns, mountains, 1 lane dirt roads dodging buses, you name it. This was probably 2000-2001....awesome trip but wouldn't do it now for sure.

My 16 year old son was invited by his piano instructor to participate in a 12-day chamber music event in Tuscany this summer. He and my wife will fly into Rome and drive an hour or so to some little town. That should be pretty cool.

I think I'm gonna do the Scotland golf thing next year and maybe take my dad and father-in-law. We'll see.
Rome is awesome! One of the major cities of the world.

Went on a river cruise in Europe last fall. Amsterdam to Budapest. Amazing sights, had chances to interact with the locals, sampled some great beer. A two week self planned trip to Italy nine years ago was pretty amazing as well.

Went on a river cruise in Europe last fall. Amsterdam to Budapest. Amazing sights, had chances to interact with the locals, sampled some great beer. A two week self planned trip to Italy nine years ago was pretty amazing as well.
My wife wants to take a river cruise like that to all the Christmas markets. IMO czech beer is the best in Europe.

I have little interest in traveling outside the U.S. until I've seen everything here that I want to see. Plus, the current political climate around the world doesn't make me feel good about taking my family on international trips.

My wife and I have already discussed the big family trip we're taking in about 5 years. We'll fly to the pacific NW, rent a car and drive back east. The main stop is Yosimite, but we'll hit many places. Then I need to do Alaska and Hawaii and then I might give some thought to Europe or South America.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
This is probably my favorite international vacation

v1.bTsxMTE2OTcyMjtqOzE3MDA2OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Someone point me to the exit ! I have never really traveled , I went to Johnson City Tennessee with a friend and his parents for one night. I did get to feel up his big tit cousin and get a few kisses on the way out of town. Sad life o_O travel wise that is .

Just decided last weekend that I'm going to Scotland in August.

Long story short, it has been a dream of my mom's for some time. She was planning a solo trip back in 2015 but then had to have back surgery and the recovery set her back a couple years. Now she's concerned about doing it solo (she should be) and was dragging her feet at the idea of having to be part of a tour. Her window of opportunity is closing so I'm going to make sure she goes while she still can. Might be taking one or both of my brothers with us.

Someone point me to the exit ! I have never really traveled , I went to Johnson City Tennessee with a friend and his parents for one night. I did get to feel up his big tit cousin and get a few kisses on the way out of town. Sad life o_O travel wise that is .
Dude. Do you simply have no interest in traveling? Or is it something you've just never gotten around to?

You're within a day's drive to some incredible destinations all over the east coast. What sorts of things do you enjoy doing?

Only place outside of US I’ve been is Mexico! Was there 2 weeks ago for my best friends wedding, stayed a week at a 5 star resort, was a fun time!

Also went to Mexico twice while in college for spring break! ( it was fun)

Long story short, it has been a dream of my mom's for some time. She was planning a solo trip back in 2015 but then had to have back surgery and the recovery set her back a couple years. Now she's concerned about doing it solo (she should be) and was dragging her feet at the idea of having to be part of a tour. Her window of opportunity is closing so I'm going to make sure she goes while she still can. Might be taking one or both of my brothers with us.
Have any idea where you’ll be staying yet? You’ll like Scotland

Taking the RV huh?

I’ve traveled a fair amount but plan to do a lot more. If anyone has questions about the places I’ve been to, id be glad to share my experiences.

Immeadiate Bucket List:

- Croatia
- Nordic Countries
- Japan
- Maldives or Somewhere in the South Pacific
- Colombia

Been to:

- Mexico numerous times
- Jamaica numerous times
- Puerto Rico (yes, it’s a US territory)
- Brazil
- Argentina
- Netherlands
- France
- Spain
- Germany
- Turkey
- China
- India
- Thailand

Might be forgetting a few others.

A few summer's back I did Barcelona then down to the south of France (Marsialles, Montpielier, Nice, St. Tropez, Cannes) with the wife.

HIGHLY recommend, good honeymoon/anniversary trip too.

I started travelling internationally more about a year ago, in the last year I've been to: Bermuda, France, and England. Prior to that, I've also been to Canada and the Bahamas a few times.

Thinking about taking another trip in a few months. I had a nice itinerary worked out for a Lisbon-Madrid-Barcelona trip, but I seemed to have waited too long and the prices have pretty much doubled. I've also been looking at a "free" stopover in Reykjavic on Icelandair on the way to either Amsterdam or Copenhagen - but I'm torn on this one as my main draw for Iceland is the Northern Lights, which are best in the winter, so I may decide to punt this one til a following winter.

Definitely interested to see what other good ideas are out there.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I’ve traveled a fair amount but plan to do a lot more. If anyone has questions about the places I’ve been to, id be glad to share my experiences.

Immeadiate Bucket List:

- Croatia
- Nordic Countries
You'll love Croatia, one of my favorites. The Nordic countries are great but super expensive.

I started travelling internationally more about a year ago, in the last year I've been to: Bermuda, France, and England. Prior to that, I've also been to Canada and the Bahamas a few times.

Thinking about taking another trip in a few months. I had a nice itinerary worked out for a Lisbon-Madrid-Barcelona trip, but I seemed to have waited too long and the prices have pretty much doubled. I've also been looking at a "free" stopover in Reykjavic on Icelandair on the way to either Amsterdam or Copenhagen - but I'm torn on this one as my main draw for Iceland is the Northern Lights, which are best in the winter, so I may decide to punt this one til a following winter.

Spain is great and your dollar goes a fairly long way

Have any idea where you’ll be staying yet? You’ll like Scotland
My (retired) mother has already sent an itinerary and a revision to that itinerary since we talked on Sunday, lol. I don't know if she has picked out specific hotels yet but she definitely knows what towns we'll be staying in each night. Hey, it's her show and I'm just along for the ride.

She was kind enough to include a stop on the Malt Whisky Trail for her boys, bless her.

My (retired) mother has already sent an itinerary and a revision to that itinerary since we talked on Sunday, lol. I don't know if she has picked out specific hotels yet but she definitely knows what towns we'll be staying in each night. Hey, it's her show and I'm just along for the ride.

She was kind enough to include a stop on the Malt Whisky Trail for her boys, bless her.
I'm sure you will be spending time in the Edinburgh area, be sure to take in Rosslyn Chapel if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Lisbon is also on my short list. Heard so many wonderful things about it. Thinking about doing a Lisbon/San Sebastian trip as well. Barca was awesome. Amazing food and wine. Would like to go back down the road and see more of the country side.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I was very fortunate to go on a multi-week/multi-country trip to Europe when I was in Junior High. The downside was that I really didn't appreciate the history, etc...

Since then, I have done almost no international travel except driving into Canada while visiting Glacier National Park and Bermuda twice. However, I have gotten to a lot of the U.S. mainland in that time. With 17 visited, I'm about 1/4 of my way to a goal of visiting every U.S. National Park. I'll probably never reach the goal with Guam having one and some very remote Alaskan ones, though.

To make up for lost time, late this summer, my wife and I are going to Switzerland/France/Italy, though mostly Italy. Next February, we're looking at possibly going to New Zealand. It's kind of funny but I notice that in planning the Europe trip, I have a lot of trouble figuring out logistics, etc... But with a U.S. trip, I don't have any problem. There really shouldn't be any difference.

Not much interests me in South America, aside from the Incan and Mayan ruins.

Iceland and Norway are on the bucket list.

I was very fortunate to go on a multi-week/multi-country trip to Europe when I was in Junior High. The downside was that I really didn't appreciate the history, etc...

Since then, I have done almost no international travel except driving into Canada while visiting Glacier National Park and Bermuda twice. However, I have gotten to a lot of the U.S. mainland in that time. With 17 visited, I'm about 1/4 of my way to a goal of visiting every U.S. National Park. I'll probably never reach the goal with Guam having one and some very remote Alaskan ones, though.

To make up for lost time, late this summer, my wife and I are going to Switzerland/France/Italy, though mostly Italy. Next February, we're looking at possibly going to New Zealand. It's kind of funny but I notice that in planning the Europe trip, I have a lot of trouble figuring out logistics, etc... But with a U.S. trip, I don't have any problem. There really shouldn't be any difference.

Not much interests me in South America, aside from the Incan and Mayan ruins.

Iceland and Norway are on the bucket list.
South America doesn't get enough love. Brazil is cool and Buenos Aires is one of the best cities in the world. Really want to see parts of Peru and Colombia sooner than later.

Buenos Aires
1000px-Buenos_Aires%2C_Puerto_Madero.jpg

buenos-aires-esencial_709_201604191151580.JPG

buenos-aires-argentina-tech-center.jpg

volunteer-in-buenos-aires-with-ivhq-header.png

header-facebook-buenos-aires-ba1115.jpg

museos_historico_nacional_1920.jpg

So, so, so jealous. Please tell me y'all are spending at least a whole day in Glasgow? Also... the town of Hamilton is just like 12 miles away from Glasgow. IJS.
We'll be there, but probably not a full 24 hours. My mom has planned an especially ambitious itinerary for a 70+ year old woman. The last two days include 520 miles of driving. :eek:

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I've never left the country. Every year we talk about getting passports just in case we want to go to the Caribbean or something but never get around to filling them out. Maybe this year but I'm pretty content with the way things have gone in life so far so see no real need.

Went to Iceland in early Sept 5 yrs ago and it was in amazing. If you like national parks (hiking, nature) you'll be wowed. Cons: Food sucked and lodging options are limited, and the weather is fickle, sheep can be loud if you tent camp.

Just 4 or 5 flight from Boston, so pretty easy.

One of my fav vacations, I'll definitely go back some day.

I've never left the country. Every year we talk about getting passports just in case we want to go to the Caribbean or something but never get around to filling them out. Maybe this year but I'm pretty content with the way things have gone in life so far so see no real need.
As long as we can all do what interests us, we are all blessed.

Dude. Do you simply have no interest in traveling? Or is it something you've just never gotten around to?

You're within a day's drive to some incredible destinations all over the east coast. What sorts of things do you enjoy doing?
I am busy raising kids right now. I have made a few week long trips to Disney World for the 4 kids . I work Tuesday through Saturday , enjoy the family on Sunday and just hang around on Mondays. I have talked to wifey about taking a viking cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow when the kids are grown. This summer or next yr. I want to take a road trip to Iowa to see the field of dreams film site.

I am busy raising kids right now. I have made a few week long trips to Disney World for the 4 kids . I work Tuesday through Saturday , enjoy the family on Sunday and just hang around on Mondays. I have talked to wifey about taking a viking cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow when the kids are grown. This summer or next yr. I want to take a road trip to Iowa to see the field of dreams film site.
St Petersburg is awesome

Traveling with kids is challenging and expensive. Do you guys like camping? When I was young and poor I found that was the best way to travel on a limited budget. Hotels are expensive!

That cruise sounds awesome. How long until the kids are out of the house?

You and the family will get to see a lot of the good ole USA between here and Iowa. I bet the kids will love it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT