ADVERTISEMENT

Your phone

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
1 - In which pocket do you carry your phone?

2 - How many text messages would you say you get in an average day?

3 - How many apps do you have?

4 - Do you play games on it?

5 - Rate your level of anxiety (1-10, with 1 being "no big deal" and 10 being nuclear meltdown) if you were to lose it.

Last edited:
1. Coat pocket or back right pocket
2. 75 maybe? There’s no average day for me. I could get 5 or 1,500
3. 30/40 and they are mostly banking, news, travel related
4. No
5. 2

Back
Yes
5 - Rate your level of anxiety (1-10) if you were to lose it.
4 assuming 1 is lowest

1. Coat pocket or back right pocket
2. 75 maybe? There’s no average day for me. I could get 5 or 1,500
3. 30/40 and they are mostly banking, news, travel related
4. No
5. 2

You can get 1500 text messages in a day? Holy shit. I'd kill myself.

1. Back
2. ~50 (my group chats are annoying)
3. 35-40
4. Yep
5. Probably a 9.

1 - Front right

2 - Depends, maybe 10, unless I actually chat back and forth with somebody, such as during a Heels game.

3 - ~30, if we're counting built-in apps like the camera, calendar, alarm clock, etc. I'd say 25 that I use on a regular or semi-regular basis.

4 - No.

5 - 5, mostly due to the expense and hassle of replacement.

1- Varies
2- Anywhere from 10 to 50
3- Downloaded Apps? About 25
4- Nope, but I read the hell out of Twitter on it
5- During the week- 10. On a weekend or vacation- 3.

1 - Front right most often

2 - Somewhere in the 20-60 range

3 - 35

4 - Not regularly, I used to but my phone currently has none on it

5 - 7.5

Just as I thought, younger folk tend to carry their phone up front like weirdos and older people will go in the back pocket or inside coat pocket.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
In which pocket do you carry your phone? Right rear

2 - How many text messages would you say you get in an average day?50

3 - How many apps do you have?15 that I downloaded

Yes, 1 puzzle game. Mainly for my ADD

5 - Rate your level of anxiety (1-10, with 1 being "no big deal" and 10 being nuclear meltdown) if you were to lose it.
9. I run my business thru it

1. One of my front pants pockets. Not really sure how people carry it in their back pocket.
2. Something in the 50 range
3. Including all of the stock apps I have about 80, but there are some I should delete as I never use them.
4. Not really. Words with Friends occasionally.
5. 9

1. Jacket, lower front pocket in some shorts, and back pocket of long pants sometimes.
2. 10 or 15 on an average day.
3. 64 but most came on the phone and that includes "Settings, etc..." I did a factory reset recently and didn't reload a lot of junk I previously had.
4. Used to have more but now just a crossword puzzle game and sodoku. And an electronic keyboard simulator.
5. 5. The main worry is on the business side.

BTW, if anyone says they carry their phone in some kind of holster or on a clip on your belt, kill yourself.

I don't know what to say I am that guy!

I thought everyone that didn't do this was weird.

I can't stand to have anything in my pockets but money flat stuff cards and so on and so forth I have a clip I use for my keys on my belt loop!

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Just as I thought, younger folk tend to carry their phone up front like weirdos and older people will go in the back pocket or inside coat pocket.
I guess I'm truly an old soul.

1. Back left in jeans/khakis. Front left in shorts

2. I have no idea. Do we count GroupMe messages? Probably 300

3. A lot. Maybe 50

4. Yes, what else would I do while taking a dump? Angry Birds, Paper Toss, Mario Run, and I have a Game Boy emulator so I can play old Game Boy games

5. 10 because I have to use my phone to "go" to class for my online graduate degree.

I guess I'm truly an old soul.

1. Back left in jeans/khakis. Front left in shorts

2. I have no idea. Do we count GroupMe messages? Probably 300

3. A lot. Maybe 50

4. Yes, what else would I do while taking a dump? Angry Birds, Paper Toss, Mario Run, and I have a Game Boy emulator so I can play old Game Boy games

5. 10 because I have to use my phone to "go" to class for my online graduate degree.

Damn you now I have a Game Boy emulator.

Front right

Too many

Not really into cell phone games

Probably about an 8. I use my phone for way too many things, and they aren't cheap so I definitely wouldn't want to have to buy another one

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I don't understand the back pocket, I don't want to sit on my phone. I was going to add to my statement that if I'm wearing a hoodie, I'll have my phone inside that pocket

I seldom actually sit on my phone but I am definitely a back pocket kind of guy. It stays in the pocket and then when I sit, I take it out and place it in the desk, table, etc.

I don't understand the back pocket, I don't want to sit on my phone. I was going to add to my statement that if I'm wearing a hoodie, I'll have my phone inside that pocket
Phones are too big now. How can you possibly keep it in your side pocket if you're wearing jeans or khakis?

Back pocket for jeans is the best. Slides in comfortable (giggity), and then like @gunslingerdick said, you just pull it out of your pocket as you go to sit down.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
Phones are too big now. How can you possibly keep it in your side pocket if you're wearing jeans or khakis?
I don't wear skinny jeans (NTTAWWT), so I've got plenty of room in my front pockets.

Back pocket for jeans is the best. Slides in comfortable (giggity), and then like @gunslingerdick said, you just pull it out of your pocket as you go to sit down.
Why would you want to constantly have to take your phone out of your pocket? I've got enough shit to do without having to spend 5 hours a day taking my phone out and putting it back in my pocket.

I don't wear skinny jeans (NTTAWWT), so I've got plenty of room in my front pockets.
Nor do I. How is that comfortable for you? It's much less obtrusive in the back pocket.

Why would you want to constantly have to take your phone out of your pocket? I've got enough shit to do without having to spend 5 hours a day taking my phone out and putting it back in my pocket.
You sit down with your phone in your pocket?!!? What kind of weirdo are you.

1- I have a holster clip and put it on my front pocket if I carry it anywhere.

2- At least 10

3- about 20 that I put on it for necessary or entertainment purposes

4- Yes, I do play games on it

5- If I LOST IT? The level would be 10 because of the security compromise potential. That's where the holster clip comes back in. I never lose it. If I lost it, then I'd be closer to wanting to kill myself.

You guys must have small pockets. No room for phones, no room for pocket dogs

tenor.gif

You sit down with your phone in your pocket?!!?
Not usually. But I can, at least for a short car ride or a meeting where I don't want to empty the contents of my pockets onto the table.

I'd rather not carry stuff in my pockets such that I literally can't sit down without emptying them. Phone on the right, keys on the left, wallet in the back, the way God intended.

Nor do I. How is that comfortable for you? It's much less obtrusive in the back pocket.
Like I said, I don't wear women's jeans so there is plenty of room. In full disclosure I don't have a galaxy note or iphone +, so my phone isn't 3 feet long. Maybe that is why it doesn't bother me.

You sit down with your phone in your pocket?!!? What kind of weirdo are you.
What can I say? I've got common sense and don't like to risk breaking my phone (even more than it is now). Plus it means I don't have to stare at my phone all day at the office to see if someone is calling. I can put it on vibrate and feel it in my pocket (insert sex jokes here).

Speaking of keys, those never go in my pocket either. I clip them on my belt loop with a caribeaner (sp). It's a hold-over from my teenage years in the music scene where everyone did it.

1. Usually left.

2. 10 or so but fluctuates greatly.

3. 63 that weren't already on it.

4. Yeah, not all hardcore though.

5. 8

Speaking of keys, those never go in my pocket either. I clip them on my belt loop with a caribeaner (sp). It's a hold-over from my teenage years in the music scene where everyone did it.

#metoo

But only if I’m wearing jeans. And then I clip them on my belt loop and then tuck them in my pocket. I can’t stand them jingling.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT