ADVERTISEMENT

your sunglasses

gteeitup

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
Columbia, SC
just bought a new pair...the most i've ever paid.

what kind do you have?

how many do you own?

what did you pay and was it worth it?

just bought a new pair...the most i've ever paid.

what kind do you have?

how many do you own?

what did you pay and was it worth it?

Bought these over 10 years ago and still in like-new condition. Best $200 I've ever spent. Nearly had a disaster when they got knocked off my face riding a jet ski on the ICW...jumped off and managed to grab them before they sank too far.

OakleySquareWire2SpringHinge250Cdn01.jpg

Reactions: gteeitup
I have Ray Ban Wayfarers (below). I think I have some cheaper convenience store ones laying around still for times that I'm doing something that may endanger my shades.

These were actually a groomsman gift that I got from a friend who's wedding I was in. Not sure what he paid for them.

I used to have Oakley Bottlecaps. I've had a couple pairs of those in the past. My first pair met an untimely end when I left them on a black futon (they were also black) in a friends room when I was at UNC. I lost the second pair I got in the ocean (thus the reason for the cheaper fill-ins when needed now).http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/RB2132 UNISEX 047-new wayfarer classic-black/805289048527
805289048527_shad_qt

main_OO9135-01_jupiter-squared_polished-black-warm-grey_001_65997_png_hero.jpg

Oakley Jupiter. Bought 'em in December of 2011 and I still have them. Probably spent $240 on them. Well, well worth the investment. Comfortable. Fit my face well....which is difficult when you have a schnoz as big as mine, durable, and...most importantly....they do a good job of blocking the sun.

They're non-polarized because polarized lenses suck for snow skiing, which I used to do quite a bit.

I have Ray Ban Wayfarers (below). I think I have some cheaper convenience store ones laying around still for times that I'm doing something that may endanger my shades.

These were actually a groomsman gift that I got from a friend who's wedding I was in. Not sure what he paid for them.

I used to have Oakley Bottlecaps. I've had a couple pairs of those in the past. My first pair met an untimely end when I left them on a black futon (they were also black) in a friends room when I was at UNC. I lost the second pair I got in the ocean (thus the reason for the cheaper fill-ins when needed now).
805289048527_shad_qt
LOL at you explaining what Wayfarers are like we don't already know ;)

(Apologies if they're not a thing up North. Everyone has those in the South though. It's the "classic" look)

(Apologies if they're not a thing up North. Everyone has those in the South though. It's the "classic" look)

They're the classic look here as well, and pretty popular. I didn't think I really explained what they are though. I mentioned the brand/model and put a picture of them below.

Mine are Oakley. It's been over a decade since I bought them, so I can't remember what they are called. I think they set me back about $180, so given the fact that I've had them so long I would say it was worth it.

Pair of Oakleys(less than $200) and 2 pair of polarized glasses I got at Eddie Bauer $68 apiece.

Love all my glasses . . I use the Oakleys when driving, the EB's for everything else. The Oakleys stay in the car . .

I'm getting the feeling that Oakley might be a popular brand for UNC fans. I'm guessing state fans buy their sunglasses here.

Oakley M frame and Trifosi. Oakley's were like $175. Won the Trifosi in a golf tourney. I use the rose colored lenses. Don't go outside without a pair on, especially birdhunting.

I wear a pair of these that were a gift, which I've managed to hang onto for quite a while. Polarized, because that helps on rare occasion that I actually get out on the water. The tortoise shell look is far less obvious in person than it is in the image.

get_image.php

I also have at least half a dozen pairs of cheap sunglasses stashed in the house, the car, my wife's car, and my office because I cannot go outside without sunglasses if there is even a hint of sun or glare. I'll have a headache inside of five minutes from squinting.

I did not know they were called that. I've always referred to that style as the Risky Business style. And for the longest time I didn't know Aviator style was called "Aviator style". I always referred to them as the Top Gun style.

I buy $20 sunglasses as Bass Pro Shop whenever I pass by one. I go through a couple pairs a year.

I did not know they were called that. I've always referred to that style as the Risky Business style. And for the longest time I didn't know Aviator style was called "Aviator style". I always referred to them as the Top Gun style.
Ah, gotcha. Let me further your education. Just FYI, it's referred to as "doggie style," not That Position My Wife Won't Let Me Do To Her.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I've been wearing the same pair of Harley shades for 3 years, which is by far a record for me. Usually I destroy or lose a pair about every 3 months. They cost too much because they've got Harley on them but they're the best glasses for riding I can find.

888888898_5720151235270.JPG

I wear a pair of these that were a gift, which I've managed to hang onto for quite a while. Polarized, because that helps on rare occasion that I actually get out on the water. The tortoise shell look is far less obvious in person than it is in the image.

get_image.php

I also have at least half a dozen pairs of cheap sunglasses stashed in the house, the car, my wife's car, and my office because I cannot go outside without sunglasses if there is even a hint of sun or glare. I'll have a headache inside of five minutes from squinting.

I think there are His & His (I mean Her) options available:

87721f7da2949160b4ffbb167718c7f9.jpg

I have 3 pairs of sunglasses-

My daily ones are Randolph Aviators- same ones given to Naval and Air Force pilots. I got them because they are NOT polarized, because polarized glasses suck unless you are on the water as they make it difficult to read a digital display. They are also glass lenses, which is nice.

I also have a pair of Oakley Half Jackets that have changeable lenses. I use these when running, playing golf, hiking, fishing or at the beach. I have about 4 different sets of lenses for varying light conditions.

Finally I have a knockaround pair of Sunclouds that I wear when mowing the grass, working in the yard, screwing around, etc and I don't care if lenses get scratched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT