ADVERTISEMENT

your sunglasses

I have 3 pairs of sunglasses-

My daily ones are Randolph Aviators- same ones given to Naval and Air Force pilots. I got them because they are NOT polarized, because polarized glasses suck unless you are on the water as they make it difficult to read a digital display. They are also glass lenses, which is nice.

I also have a pair of Oakley Half Jackets that have changeable lenses. I use these when running, playing golf, hiking, fishing or at the beach. I have about 4 different sets of lenses for varying light conditions.

Finally I have a knockaround pair of Sunclouds that I wear when mowing the grass, working in the yard, screwing around, etc and I don't care if lenses get scratched.
Well, that explains a lot..

Reactions: gteeitup
i'm horribly rough on sunglasses. i buy the $20 "Pugs" brand from Sheetz. They're durable, polarized and don't break the bank. and they have at least a dozen style options.

I only wear Costa because they are made here in Daytona Beach. Local and made in USA. I once got too much shit for wearing Oakley's from all he other local boaters, etc.

Reactions: gteeitup
I only wear Costa because they are made here in Daytona Beach. Local and made in USA. I once got too much shit for wearing Oakley's from all he other local boaters, etc.
Way to roll over lol.

In all seriousness, I'm sick to death of two trends:

1. Craft beer snobbery
2. Buying / eating / drinking local (kinda dovetails with #1). If I wanna go to friggin Outback instead of the local mom and pop diner, or if I wanna drink Yuengling instead of the microbrewery down the street, then let me do it and get off my nuts.

Whenever people scold me for not buying local or for eating at a chain, it just makes me wanna do it more.

Way to roll over lol.

1. Craft beer snobbery
2. Buying / eating / drinking local (kinda dovetails with #1). If I wanna go to friggin Outback instead of the local mom and pop diner, or if I wanna drink Yuengling instead of the microbrewery down the street, then let me do it and get off my nuts.

Whenever people scold me for not buying local or for eating at a chain, it just makes me wanna do it more.
I agree 100%, except in the case of Costa. They are bad ass sunglasses.

1. Craft beer snobbery
I endorse this poast. It's like we have too many choices, so one of them is always bound to be "wrong." I almost miss the days when there were only a handful of beers and 13 channels of shit on the TV to choose from. Almost.

I endorse this poast. It's like we have too many choices, so one of them is always bound to be "wrong." I almost miss the days when there were only a handful of beers and 13 channels of shit on the TV to choose from. Almost.
Yeah, we see eye to eye on this. You and I both enjoy drinking local brews from Atlanta and Charlotte, respectively, but the annoyance comes in when others insist you MUST drink local or else you're some kind of social pariah. Same with restaurants.

In fact, I do take some pride in purveying a locally owned restaurant or brewery because it's kinda cool. You feel like you're helping someone out in your community....even if the prices generally are higher *cough* Red Oak *cough*

But that isn't even the reason a lot of the hipsters do it. They're annoying because they do it not to help local businesses but rather just to be look cool. They want to rock their Toms shoes and their man bun, and they want to be able to say they're a "locavore" (I learned this was a real word/idea the other day) and they want to look down on me for deciding to drink a Budweiser if the mood strikes, or eating at Bojangles instead of Local Lily's Breakfast Boutique.

tl;dr version:
Abundance of options these days: goooooood
Ensuing snobbery when you don't choose the local / hipster / organic option: baaaaaad

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to head down to New Part of Downtown, AKA NePaDo, and pick up a pair of Toms, a 6-pack of terrible locally-brewed IPA that's packaged in 100% recycled material with a design painted by a blind, gay, anarchist local homeless man, and some gluten-free, organic pizza rolls from that new locally-owned hipster pizza boutique

thanks for all the info...good to see i'm not the only one that spends money on sunglasses.

have worn oakleys forever and always thought spending for those was silly.

until i found costa...my god, phenomenal.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Love em

poVoqaZSj

Reactions: gteeitup and Louigi

Amen Brother.

Costa Jose's for me. Wave 580 glass lenses with the blue mirror. Been wearing Costa's for about 7-8 years now. On my 4th pair, all are still wearable. It's about time for a new pair!

I have a pair of Oakley Half Jackets that are probably 15 years old. I've replaced the lenses a few times.

I have a pair of Bolle glasses I get free with a golf rangefinder and then a pair of white sunglasses just to match some of my golf outfits when I go with the white belt.

If I pay more $40 i'm guaranteed to step while they're face down on concrete or drive over them, or just lose them.

So i get chilis, or peppers or similar from places like rei for 20 to 40.

Reactions: Raising Heel
so, i want another pair of these...must be what my wife feels like with boots.

lol, who can get me a good deal on costa's?

so, i want another pair of these...must be what my wife feels like with boots.

lol, who can get me a good deal on costa's?
I know a guy who knows a guy that can help you out. If he does help you out then someday, and that day may never come, he will call upon you to do a service for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT