ADVERTISEMENT

Zayden High Commits To UNC

If he is a Brice Johnson clone then North Carolina has a great one coming to the hill…
Oh he's nothing at all like Brice. He was just the most similarly ranked PF we've gotten to Zayden High.

Zayden is much more similar to Luke Maye and Brady Manek. But Zayden is ranked #48 in the 247 Composite, #46 on Rivals. Maye and Manek weren't even top 100 recruits.

In any event Brice, Luke, and Brady all played in NCAA Championship games, and I suspect Zayden will too. You can catch him on ESPN2 in about 30 minutes.

Great pickup… real ‘family’ kid too - visited with his parents and little sister… his comments about the visit were very telling…. Came in without a plan to commit, but the organisation and his conversations with coach sealed the deal.

Let the others have classes stuffed with 5 stars, Hubert is carrying on building a program and a culture (which also happens to have a winning focus)

Let the others have classes stuffed with 5 stars, Hubert is carrying on building a program and a culture (which also happens to have a winning focus)
Hubert's original 2-man class for 2023 were both 5-stars. After GG decommitted, Hubert then tried to land TJ Power who is also a 5-star. Looking forward to the 2024 class, nearly every recruit Hubert is pursuing is a 5-star.

I think we can appreciate Zayden's commitment without trying to gaslight people. Hubert wants classes stuffed with 5-stars too.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Hubert's original 2-man class for 2023 were both 5-stars. After GG decommitted, Hubert then tried to land TJ Power who is also a 5-star. Looking forward to the 2024 class, nearly every recruit Hubert is pursuing is a 5-star.

I think we can appreciate Zayden's commitment without trying to gaslight people. Hubert wants classes stuffed with 5-stars too.
I hear what you’re saying… and Roy also went after the 5 star kids too, however he also did extremely well in picking up role players who became the backbone of his teams.
I don’t know if Hubert wants classes stuffed with 5 stars, has he been quoted saying that?
As opposed to ‘gaslighting’ (great new buzzword) I suppose I was looking at how UNC has had above average success without always having the #1 recruiting class.
That just illustrates my personal preference to see 5* players mixed in with some 4 and 3 star athletes too (and the occasional portal gem)

Yeah, I’ll pass on the classes stuffed with five stars. Of course I’ve decided this is my last year following sports anyway. So it doesn’t matter what Hubert does. Time to cut the cord after 62 years of fandom. Sports have just left me behind. It’s been a great run though.

High has very high basketball IQ….he will get high praise from fans and coaches…he is a high riser….he is smart with a high GPA….how high can he go in the nba draft…..well high in the first round.

High has very high basketball IQ….he will get high praise from fans and coaches…he is a high riser….he is smart with a high GPA….how high can he go in the nba draft…..well high in the first round.
I think Grover is high on something. 😜

I read the back and forth about dealing with paid content. Yes, that's increased in frequency but the site has to generate dollars. Every year the flow of information gets faster and faster, so it's harder to get people to pay for information. Many places information is free, but we have to respect this is how these people make a living.

I think it would be a great idea to provide the articles, interviews, etc. 2-4 weeks after they are released. At that point the information is already out there, but the masses can see what they are missing and the quality of writing by the journalists. That could generate an interest level for those who want to talk about the behind the scenes things that go on...and get information that is more than just rumor. The tough thing is once information gets to social media....it's spread quickly.

How can we have free content and message boards? It's either through revenue driven from paid content, sponsors or you pay to play. This site doesn't have enough traffic to get big dollars from sponsors, so it comes down to others supplementing the free site...and growing that base.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Sure you are Glover, expecting a great season from Love, and the team. Redemption Part II.

Yeah, I’ll pass on the classes stuffed with five stars. Of course I’ve decided this is my last year following sports anyway. So it doesn’t matter what Hubert does. Time to cut the cord after 62 years of fandom. Sports have just left me behind. It’s been a great run though.
Sorry to hear arch, always found we have a lot in common on this board.
Totally understandable, following too closely can be overly time consuming… should I say time that can be better spent experiencing all this world has to offer?
Enjoy the season!

If I stopped following sports, I might have to "talk" to my family, Nooooo!

Hate to see you go Arch even if we don't always agree! I like how you can make points without having to denigrate people who don't agree! I also like the strength of your convictions so hopefully, it will be a short hiatus and you will eventually find your way back! The pendulum will swing back toward what we consider normal!

I love me some 5* recruits because I love watching great players! (Hate the entitlement that is increasing in them though) UNC should always have some of that caliber whether we develop them, recruit them, or get them in the "Stargate" (thanks to whoever coined that!) The important differences here are:

1. They will not get to showcase to the detriment of the team
2. Our coach will not promise them anything they cannot earn or that won't help them get better!
3. I would bet we will always sprinkle in a few glue guys or diamonds in the rough in every class with room!
4. UNC will also put them on the bench if they are not playing up to par, but won't simply recruit over them without trying to motivate then to improve!
5. UNC will not be held hostage anymore to their whims and will win in any case!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT