ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

Some people still believe the earth is flat, just ask Kyrie Irving. But they're a very small minority. I will say I'd rather have Hamilton for 2-3 years than Zion for one. And I know some will disagree with that.
common sense is what tells you the earth is flat.

Given the choice of those 3 guys, which would you take?

Is there a team player in the group?

I like adding a solid OAD to a strong foundation, but as guys like Austin Rivers and Dennis Smith demonstrate, sometimes they can hurt a team even if they help it win.

Oh easy for me, considering who I think we will have and where our greater area of need is I would take Bagley all day long and twice on Sunday!

Have you listened to everything him and his father say about UNC and, more importantly, how they see the process in general? He's one of the few kids who doesn't mention getting to the NBA as fast as possible. You can't tell me reading his family's quotes that you think he's just doing another PR job like these other kids.

As I spoke to when the offer went out to Langford, the concern is going to be how crowded are back court is or may be. Will Jalek be one & done, how does 7th or BRob progress, where is kenny in this mix, does even Platek sneak in there with some better than expected PT, that is a bit of clutter for a kid looking for solid PT. Even have to wonder if Leaky becomes a long 2 or a wing or even grows in to a 4, who the heck knows right now other than maybe his growth plates?

Kids now days do not seem to want to compete for PT if they are considered to be a one & doner, they prefer to see a wide open spot open for the taking. Now it would be a testament to the kids fire if he said it is a challenge he is willing to accept.

As I spoke to when the offer went out to Langford, the concern is going to be how crowded are back court is or may be. Will Jalek be one & done, how does 7th or BRob progress, where is kenny in this mix, does even Platek sneak in there with some better than expected PT, that is a bit of clutter for a kid looking for solid PT. Even have to wonder if Leaky becomes a long 2 or a wing or even grows in to a 4, who the heck knows right now other than maybe his growth plates?

Kids now days do not seem to want to compete for PT if they are considered to be a one & doner, they prefer to see a wide open spot open for the taking. Now it would be a testament to the kids fire if he said it is a challenge he is willing to accept.

I originally said I think Rechon could end up 6'8 or 6'9 and go the route of Brandon Ingram. But I'd love to see him as one of those "positionless" guys for us.

The elephant in the room, though, is our big men. No one knows how our 2017 class will fair, and Bradley could be gone by 2018. Maye might end up a legitimate spot for the 4, but it's still early. We still need other options.

Plus, we still don't have any offers out to bigs yet, which is unusual for us IMO. Hopefully that changes soon.

I originally said I think Rechon could end up 6'8 or 6'9 and go the route of Brandon Ingram. But I'd love to see him as one of those "positionless" guys for us.

The elephant in the room, though, is our big men. No one knows how our 2017 class will fair, and Bradley could be gone by 2018. Maye might end up a legitimate spot for the 4, but it's still early. We still need other options.

Plus, we still don't have any offers out to bigs yet, which is unusual for us IMO. Hopefully that changes soon.

Bradley, just so hard to project, I think it really depends on how much he gets done in the next off season. if I were pushed in to a corner and had to answer I would suggest Tony would be back for a Jr season because there is just so much that he needs to work on that begins with adding strength, stamina, and bulk. But there is as well a lot of skill work that has to get cleaned up making it just a really hard call for me.

And leaky is darn near impossible to make a call on right now, his doctors say they expect him to end up at least 6'9" but maybe more but last I heard seems he is still hovering around 6'7-8". I don't like him so much at the wing, not sold on his jump shooting, he isn't Ingram like shooting if I am being honest guys. Really thin for a 4, can he be a Theo type, don't know that he is as Alpha as Theo. I just don't know where he slots in as his best position for us. I am tickled that we have him, make no mistake but I am not sure anyone can really slot him in to where he fits until we see what we have when he gets to us. I am hoping for a Henson like growth spurt and we have a 4 that will need to get in to the weight room to add bulk but can put the ball on the floor and drive vs opposing bigs.

2019 after some good ones.

I think we hit gold in bigs and wings in 2019. We have some kids now that are considered to be wings that I think will end up a 4 or maybe a 5 and we are in good position with a couple big time front court guys any way.

Reactions: RoseHeel
Sorry, but I think the chances of us signing Bagley are slim to none. He is from Arizona and already has offers from Arizona, UCLA, UK, and dook. We haven't even offered. Of those three, I think our best chance is with Hamilton, who I really hope to sign. Another guy from that class that I really like is Silvio De Sousa. Maryland, UF, KU, and UofL are supposedly the favorites at this point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gYnbXhl3sw

Sorry, but I think the chances of us signing Bagley are slim to none. He is from Arizona and already has offers from Arizona, UCLA, UK, and dook. We haven't even offered. Of those three, I think our best chance is with Hamilton, who I really hope to sign. Another guy from that class that I really like is Silvio De Sousa. Maryland, UF, KU, and UofL are supposedly the favorites at this point.

Oh man, we have ZERO shot at Bagley, was not inferring that we did have a shot at him. I was asked if I could pick a kid who would i pick and my easy answer was Bagley.

Love the De Souza kid by the way, hope we can get a shot at him!

De Sousa said UK nor Dook has not offered him yet. His recruitment is very early in the process. I don't think he's even taken visits yet. I imagine Roy's working behind the scenes now that the 2017 class is almost over.

Really hope we see an offer to McCormack out of VA. He's had some early UNC interest. Him and Hamilton would put together a killer class.

De Sousa said UK nor Dook has not offered him yet. His recruitment is very early in the process. I don't think he's even taken visits yet. I imagine Roy's working behind the scenes now that the 2017 class is almost over.

Really hope we see an offer to McCormack out of VA. He's had some early UNC interest. Him and Hamilton would put together a killer class.

I like McCormick, not sure I love him for us. He is a bigen but outside of being big not sure I see a lot of skill or as much potential to add skill as I may in others.

I hope this is true. The ship on Zion sailed quite some time ago but Roy is still spending so much time on him.

Go full press on Hamilton and other guys who WANT a shot to be in UNC Blue.

Jeff Goodman siad 4 schools stand out in his recruitment. Why is he attending tonights game?

Jeff Goodman siad 4 schools stand out in his recruitment. Why is he attending tonights game?

Do you know of any College Basketball figure, fan or player, that would be willing to pass on a free ticket to one of the biggest games of College Basketball games of the season? Not to mention 1 (or 2 depending on who you believe) of the schools may be his potential destination.

If yes, I have this really nice bridge I'd like to talk to you about.

Do you know of any College Basketball figure, fan or player, that would be willing to pass on a free ticket to one of the biggest games of College Basketball games of the season? Not to mention 1 (or 2 depending on who you believe) of the schools may be his potential destination.

Cant you just say, why would he pass on the biggest game of the year? Instead of this long winded, waste of breath, nauseated response? Anywho, the point was Zion said he had a final 3, he didnt.

Cant you just say, why would he pass on the biggest game of the year? Instead of this long winded, waste of breath, nauseated response? Anywho, the point was Zion said he had a final 3, he didnt.

Because short, to-the-point, responses don't seem to work on some people here. The length of post really shouldn't be an issue here. I'm more concerned that reading 2 sentences is considered "long winded" for you.

My point is that whether Zion has us on his list or not, why wouldn't he want to come to the biggest game of the year?

IF, and that is a BIG IF, Zion has eliminated us from consideration and has the top 3 indicated above,, If I were Roy I would simply say Youngster we would love to have you at the game, BUT since you no longer want to attend Carolina I would suggest you get your ticket from dook

Carolina can use that ticket on a player that WANTS to be here. BTW I do NOT believe he has eliminated us ... but this is what I would do if he had

Reactions: alabamaheel
IF those are truly Zion's final four, I wish Roy would rescind his ticket for tonight immediately. Don't give this guy a free ticket to the best rivalry in sports just so he can watch the opposing team! Tell him to watch from home and put the full court press on Hamilton. Zion is another Julius Randle situation. Not gonna happen and never was gonna happen.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
He's not coming to UNC guys. We as a fan base should move on to Hamilton and be very happy to land him.

I totally disagree !

You said this UNC vs duke game is ONE of the biggest games of College Basketball games of the season? In the regular season there is no bigger game than when UNC and duke meet, the really is no close second. Those 2 games where we play duke in the regular season are the gold standard for the college game. EVERY college basketball rivalry is measured against this one, every meeting between rival programs is measured by these 2 games, they define the sport and do so to historic measure.

As many know here, my best friend here in SC is a big time dukie, just turned 63 and has been a duke fan his whole life. He just got from his daughter for Christmas the fulfillment of one of his bucket list dreams and his greatest bucket list dream in sports, he was able to go to his first UNC vs duke game when we last played them. 63yr old man example of how important being able to attend one of these games and folks wonder why Zion would attend for free? LOL If UNC didn't give him a pass duke would be more than glad to, rather have him on our side and being inspired by our future players to cheer for us than he behind the duke bench cheering for them. So no, I do not disagree with you on that aspect.

I've been moved on to Hamilton since last summer. I'm hoping Roy does the same.

I moved on past Zion at Thanksgiving when I learned we are not really in the mix for the kid. I agree, I want Roy to make sure Hamilton understands he is our top guy, he is the guy we want and that Zion is not a road block to him.

I totally disagree !

You said this UNC vs duke game is ONE of the biggest games of College Basketball games of the season? In the regular season there is no bigger game than when UNC and duke meet, the really is no close second. Those 2 games where we play duke in the regular season are the gold standard for the college game. EVERY college basketball rivalry is measured against this one, every meeting between rival programs is measured by these 2 games, they define the sport and do so to historic measure.

As many know here, my best friend here in SC is a big time dukie, just turned 63 and has been a duke fan his whole life. He just got from his daughter for Christmas the fulfillment of one of his bucket list dreams and his greatest bucket list dream in sports, he was able to go to his first UNC vs duke game when we last played them. 63yr old man example of how important being able to attend one of these games and folks wonder why Zion would attend for free? LOL If UNC didn't give him a pass duke would be more than glad to, rather have him on our side and being inspired by our future players to cheer for us than he behind the duke bench cheering for them. So no, I do not disagree with you on that aspect.

I'm confused as to what you're disagreeing with?

If Duke wants to give him a pass to the game, then let them. He seems to be enamored with them anyway. We shouldn't be rolling out the red carpet to guys just trying to get a "free meal". As mentioned about Roy and recruiting in another thread, he does this far too often for recruits that honestly don't deserve it.

I really hope to see Roy go the J Randle route with him at some point.

According to his mom, Big Z has no list and has never narrowed his choices down to the 3 mentioned above. She has no idea where that stuff comes from

This comes from a tweet from Adam Zagoria

Jeff G has the ethics of a snake and the journalistic chops of dung beetle!

Wish peeps like he and Kane could be banned from all media outlets!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT