ADVERTISEMENT

1st yr FEI offensive improvements under Chip L

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
I can't imagine Mack (and therefore Lindsey) being around long, so I was curious about immediate impact.

FEI overall offensive ranking (it is opponent adjusted)

So Miss 2014 up from 123 to 105 (Under offense oriented Todd Monken HC [now UGA's OC])

ASU 2016 down from 35 to 79 (Under defense-oriented Todd Graham HC, taking over for Mike Norvell) -- only D-oriented HC

Auburn 2017 up from 31 to 15 (Guz Malzahn's 4th or 5th yr as HC)

Troy 2019 up from 74 to 47 (HC. note they tanked badly in yr 2 and horribly in yr 3)

UCF 2022 up from 67 to 27 (Guz Malzahn's second yr as HC)

The above are probably close to meaningless given things like injuries, OL personnel, whether you have Nate Elliot or Sam Howell, etc. The Malzahn years are slightly interesting in terms of QB dev and perhaps scouting/game prep, but Offense is Malzahn's baby everywhere he goes.

FEI Overall Line ranking - starts up front, this gives some reference for starting point, plus he probably had a little input on OL.

So Miss (no data)
ASU 2016 down 79 to 112
Auburn 2017 down 6 to 25
Troy 2019 up from 113 to 39
Troy 2020 86 big drop
Troy 2021 109 another big drop
UCF 2022 up from 53 to 9th

I just want him to be able to know how to call plays and score in the red zone. It also would be nice if his playbook was longer than four plays.
We'll be promised ^ that all spring, and by then we'll be singing Maye for Heisman while hopeful for 2 thousand yard rushers.

He's had the opportunity to learn from some really good O guys - Malzahn at 2 different schools and Todd Monken, so at least he should know what scouting, game prep, wrinkles & creativity look like. Grasping and executing on what he learned is a different matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT