ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Season

1- I dont think there will be any football in the spring.

2- I hope there is no football in the spring.. just not interested in that.

Anybody whose team/league cancels for him should be able to transfer and be eligible now.
But who has room for them? I saw VT was courting some JMU transfer, but most teams are in fall camp by now, I doubt many have a bunch of roster room. If they do it is due to shitty roster managment (Fuente).

But who has room for them? I saw VT was courting some JMU transfer, but most teams are in fall camp by now, I doubt many have a bunch of roster room. If they do it is due to shitty roster managment (Fuente).
And that is a sad thing especially for seniors.

Reactions: Archer2
3 clusters already on UNC campus. If these schools cannot minimize the spread on campus, I think the discussion of any sports playing is a moot point.

3 clusters already on UNC campus. If these schools cannot minimize the spread on campus, I think the discussion of any sports playing is a moot point.

The clusters are far away from where the football team is, take that how you will. The news about the Oklahoma football team is concerning.

I doubt that if the campus shuts down to only distant learning, there will be any talk of the student athletes playing a sport.

If the schools can't keep clusters from popping up in the general population, athletes won't be kept in a 100% dorm to practice/game bubble.

I know they are keeping hopes alive as long as there is a glimmer of a chance, tough to see how though.

Another cluster found on campus after a big fraternity party. Idiotic frat bro’s are going to get the entire campus shut down.

UNC moving to online only. Not a good sign for sports. Can't really justify keeping the athletes there if everyone else is gone.

UNC moving to online only. Not a good sign for sports. Can't really justify keeping the athletes there if everyone else is gone.
UNC moving to online only after upwards of 150 cases since return of student population. Not sure why/how we expected college coeds today social distance and not gather for parties/socializing.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Perhaps we fired the first salvo, ok students can’t be on campus, but players can cause we need you to make money

Perhaps we fired the first salvo, ok students can’t be on campus, but players can cause we need you to make money

Well the players have been more than vocal about wanting to play. In order to play you have to be on campus to practice.

How would the state shut them down? It's private property.
Schools can and do take charters away from frats quite often though, shutting them down. They even more often put them on probation, not allowing keg parties, limiting activities like parties for the frat to follow or be shut down etc. The Greek system is part of the University and certainly can be shut down by the school.

Schools can and do take charters away from frats quite often, shutting them down. They even more often put them on probation, not allowing keg parties, limiting activities like parties for the frat to follow or be shut down etc. The Greek system is part of the University and certainly can be shut down.

They certainly can shut down University sanctioned events and take away their charter. They can't really stop them from having off campus parties though. And there's always a few idiots who care more about partying than keeping their fraternity or sorority in good standing.

Reactions: dtodd4475
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT