ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting

UNC is officially out of the KJ Sampson sweepstakes. Cross said he doesn’t have the room now that the kid from Panther Creek committed. KJ is 10x better than the other kid but it is what it is. I was told by someone that attended the camp last weekend that UNC received several silent commits.
Thanks for sharing. This is extremely disappointing news.

UNC is officially out of the KJ Sampson sweepstakes. Cross said he doesn’t have the room now that the kid from Panther Creek committed. KJ is 10x better than the other kid but it is what it is. I was told by someone that attended the camp last weekend that UNC received several silent commits.
Different positions, no?

That’s what I thought but that came from the horses mouth. I think the DT from Concord gave a silent verbal and Cross then sent the text to the family stating they didn’t have any room left.
It’s going to piss me off when we have attrition after the season and we are putting walk-ons on scholarship because we were “full” at the end of June. SMH!

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
  • Angry
Reactions: matt 1976
Add another big fish for Hobbs on 8/1. Need to get at least 2 of Hobbs/Walker/JJ. Feeling good about two but have a sneaky good feeling about JJ.
Walker shared the criteria helping him make his decision, “The environment, and being far away from home, you want to know that you are a priority; I’m not trying to stay in-state.

If this is the case, why list is in his final schools? Strange comments, to say the least.

Walker shared the criteria helping him make his decision, “The environment, and being far away from home, you want to know that you are a priority; I’m not trying to stay in-state.

If this is the case, why list is in his final schools? Strange comments, to say the least.
Maryland might be in play with friend of his recently getting a job there.

Reactions: Appvol
Don on TOS thinks UNC is the pick for Rico. He said based on his intel from this week.
So he, Jabron Harvey and Tyler Thompson are all pretty much the same position, right? I'm all for loading up that position since we'll be a little short-staffed '23.

Wonder if we could get back on Sampson, now that Jarrett is gone? Or, maybe that ship has sailed?

Seen where UNC has reached out but in your opinion does he stay at FSU or end up elsewhere when all is said and done??
Yes, Cross is keeping up with him now that JJ committed to UGA as they were banking on him committing to UNC. I hear from the family regularly and I just haven’t gotten the vibe that he’ll go to UNC. Things can change but we def need to have a strong season to have a shot with him.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Yes, Cross is keeping up with him now that JJ committed to UGA as they were banking on him committing to UNC. I hear from the family regularly and I just haven’t gotten the vibe that he’ll go to UNC. Things can change but we def need to have a strong season to have a shot with him.
$tate seems to think that they will get him, if he flips from FSU. Any truth to that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT