ADVERTISEMENT

2023 RECRUITING...

Losing out to USC is not all that bad. Losing to puke is a bad thing to me, but it certainly has nothing to do with defining Hubs' career! His career will be defined 3 years from now in many peeps' eyes, but even then, he will have plenty of time to redefine it if necessary! Belichek was a middle of the pack coach with no real cachet until he got Brady!

Reactions: TheGLOV
I sure hope we get Jackson but the thing that has concerned me is that we seem to have put all of our eggs in one basket. We haven’t really pursued anyone in the 23 cycle except Dillingham, Wilcher and Jackson. I was hoping we were going to go hard after Matas Buzelis but we haven’t. He has an offer but we haven’t prioritized him.

I sure hope we get Jackson but the thing that has concerned me is that we seem to have put all of our eggs in one basket. We haven’t really pursued anyone in the 23 cycle except Dillingham, Wilcher and Jackson. I was hoping we were going to go hard after Matas Buzelis but we haven’t. He has an offer but we haven’t prioritized him.
Yeah, if we miss on GG then we’re way behind the pack on the 2023 class. It’s always a dangerous game to zero in on your top target and neglect to offer others. I sure hope HD can land him.

Don't care for 1 year mercenaries. If we have to buy the recruit, I don't want them. It's weird how many people are all about that now as fans to me. He should come because we give him the best chance to showcase and win, which will enhance his brand and whatever he can do with his name. Not get paid without playing to come.

Don't care for 1 year mercenaries. If we have to buy the recruit, I don't want them. It's weird how many people are all about that now as fans to me. He should come because we give him the best chance to showcase and win, which will enhance his brand and whatever he can do with his name. Not get paid without playing to come.
You better get used to “buying” recruits. I hate what NIL is doing to college sports, but it’s here and every program had better adapt or they will absolutely get left behind.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Some of yall are funny! Worrying about Face and his recruiting in '23 is rich. I think I just saw a different rookie coach rule the portal and coach rings around Hall of Famers on his way to the Natty game! I'm OK with puke getting 6* recruits since I have decades of evidence that they will do nothing with them, lol! + We are in great shape with peeps wanting to transfer in and recruits all putting us back in their lists! The future is so bright that UNC casts a shadow over the entire NCAA!

There is a kid from Monteverde Academy that is an absolute stud. He reminds me of a blend between George Lynch and Leaky Black. His name is Malik Reneau. He decommitted from Florida because of the coaching change there. He is a great rebounder, he posts well, scores well and has an extremely high basketball IQ. I strongly wish that we pursue him. He would be an instant impact player with an upside for the future of the program. I see this kid as a multi year player that can attract other recruits with his motor that can continue to build the brand.

I really see this young man as a compliment to a G.G. Jackson and a great depth option to the team. His work ethic, motor and basketball IQ would keep him on the floor. I would like to know if anyone agrees with me? For anyone that has seen him play, please tell me what you think.

There is a kid from Monteverde Academy that is an absolute stud. He reminds me of a blend between George Lynch and Leaky Black. His name is Malik Reneau. He decommitted from Florida because of the coaching change there. He is a great rebounder, he posts well, scores well and has an extremely high basketball IQ. I strongly wish that we pursue him. He would be an instant impact player with an upside for the future of the program. I see this kid as a multi year player that can attract other recruits with his motor that can continue to build the brand.

I really see this young man as a compliment to a G.G. Jackson and a great depth option to the team. His work ethic, motor and basketball IQ would keep him on the floor. I would like to know if anyone agrees with me? For anyone that has seen him play, please tell me what you think.

Hadn't heard of him. But I went and looked him up and I agree. You described him and his game well. You might have undersold his passing ability a little. From what I read and what I saw, he'd be a great addition.

I really believe that he would be a perfect fit for our program. I've seen him play among the upper echelon of the elites and held his own. He's unselfish, team player and backs down to no one. Adding him to our roster would be a game changer and elevate our status among top 25 talent in the future. By the way, check out his stats in the national high school basketball championship tournament. His scoring is very efficient. He makes the easy play and never presses the envelope beyond his abilities. He is a teammate of D. Whitehead (duke recruit), but he is more productive and efficient, with less shot attempts and far fewer turnovers.

He's a skinny comboforward. Probably best suited for the PF spot. Not a good perimeter shooter.

Definitely not a good compliment to GG Jackson since they play the same college position. Not a good fit for Hubert's system since he can't shoot. Not a good fit for UNC's roster since we project to have a bunch of comboforwards on the roster in 2022 (Leaky, Puff, Dontrez, McKoy, Nickel.)

I totally disagree with your assessment of Reneau. This kid is a winner and we surely could use his services. He ranks no. 21 in the class of 2022. Being ranked that high does not support your view. His frame is far more developed than his peers right now. He's strong and he plays within his system and skill set. No, he is not a Brady Manek, but he is further ahead offensively than Styles at this point. No, you won't find tons of film with jacking up threes, but you will find consistent film with him competing with tall, 3,4 and 5 position players. This guy is a winner that our team could use. Unless you are a coach, former athlete or current development coordinator, I find your assessment of this player as faulty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT