ADVERTISEMENT

5-tool star Casparius UNC bound

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
http://www.westport-news.com/news/article/5-tool-star-Casparius-UNC-bound-6430807.php

Hitting for average. Hitting for power. Speed. Throwing. Fielding.

The five tools of baseball are pillars of evaluation, and a player that can do all at a high level is rare. A 5-tool player is coveted by coaches and scouts at any level.

Enter Ben Casparius. The rising junior at Staples recently committed to the University of North Carolina due his ability to do everything at a high level. An imperative cog of the Wreckers machine that’s gone 39-11 over the past two seasons, Casparius is a top of the lineup threat with an ability to play nearly every defensive spot on the field.

And that’s just as a position player.

Casparius (six-feet-two, 180 pounds) is also a dynamic threat on the mound, with his low 90s fastball usually enough to blow by opponents. It was on the hill where he’s made his most vital contribution to the Wreckers, going 7-0 in 2015 and helping the group advance to the FCIAC and Class LL championship games.

Reactions: osjr
Spot on JMan. With those tools and that fastball I will not be anticipating his arrival on the Hill. MLB bound.

You are correct. I live and die with my Heels in every sport but I tend to not get too over excited about baseball commits like I do with football and basketball. Sux really cause I love me some Diamond Heels!

Reactions: Jarrod Hardy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT