ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh vs Carolina game thread ACC semi finals on Friday 15 March 2024

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
This on paper looks like a battle of who can slow down the other teams offense. Pittsburgh looked good yesterday against Wake Forest as Hinson, Leggett and Carrington had no problems scoring on the demon Deacons soft defense. Hinson at 6’8 and Carrington at 6’5 like to post up and they should have no problems against the Carolina smaller guards. The Panthers have won 5 of their last 7 Games against Tar Heels so they will not be intimidated at all.

Trimble may get more time than usual because of his height and his ability to play in your face defense. Federico Federiko is 6’11 and he is a blocking machine so Bacot needs to try and get him in foul trouble. Yesterday afternoon Carolina has four people score in double digits and they will need that again today.

I feel unlike the slaughter of FSU I expect a close tough game to the very end with Carolina now more motivated because of the Tennessee lost to Mississippi State today prevailing late setting up a interesting show down with the winner of the state/ Virginia contest.

Reactions: Heelicious
Pittsburgh likes to be very physical both offensively and defensively so Ingram and Bacot have to have the same mindset and take no prisoners

Both teams have something to play goes Pittsburgh presently is on the next four out and a Carolina win might just be enough to get a number one seed… so who wants it the most

Opening two possessions pitt literally bear hugging our post players. Surprise surprise. No call

Last edited:
Same as the start of the Clemson loss. Bacot not getting out on 3pt shooting big.

The drop coverage isn't working. Gotta switch up the defense immediately.

I'm sure they're reviewing it on the time out, but that is a basketball play. Should not be a foul on Withers

They’re just tougher and more motivated right now. Clamp the 3’s and be more aggressive getting to the hole and we’ll be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT