ADVERTISEMENT

Another Coaching move that was critical to the win

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
So many so called fans have often enjoyed the opportunity to downplay the knowledge of Coach Davis and his staff but even they must admit the switching of defensive assignments from Davis to Ryan on Virginia’s star player Beekman was a great move

Many may remember that Virginia came out in the second half determined to use the height advantage that Beekman had on Davis as he posted up RJ three straight times and scored.

After the third straight easy bucket the coaching staff had seen enough of that nonsense and immediately put Ryan on Beekman. I cannot remember if Beekman scored at all after that move and if he did it was not nearly as easy as it was earlier.

No Coach Davis can’t coach or figure things out. Please put that myth to bed because it was proven wrong again yesterday afternoon..

Coaches at UNC arent judged by what adjustments they make or dont make in-game ... they're judged by what their teams do from March 10th to April 10th. Hubert needs some banners starting THIS SEASON.

• Love
Reactions: Heelicious
So many so called fans have often enjoyed the opportunity to downplay the knowledge of Coach Davis and his staff but even they must admit the switching of defensive assignments from Davis to Ryan on Virginia’s star player Beekman was a great move

Many may remember that Virginia came out in the second half determined to use the height advantage that Beekman had on Davis as he posted up RJ three straight times and scored.

After the third straight easy bucket the coaching staff had seen enough of that nonsense and immediately put Ryan on Beekman. I cannot remember if Beekman scored at all after that move and if he did it was not nearly as easy as it was earlier.

No Coach Davis can’t coach or figure things out. Please put that myth to bed because it was proven wrong again yesterday afternoon..
I have and will be critical when warranted but also give credit when its due.
I noticed it as well and yes it was an excellent move putting Ryan on Beek.

Coaches at UNC arent judged by what adjustments they make or dont make in-game ... they're judged by what their teams do from March 10th to April 10th. Hubert needs some banners starting THIS SEASON.
No he doesn't. He just needs to do what is happening this year. What do you think is going to happen if they don't hang a banner? Get fired? Get real. This season has proved he can coach. Ultimately he needs to become a consistent winner, but hang a banner this season? Note: I don't give a shit about the ACC tournament.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I knew Hubert would be a monster recruiter, and had high expectations on his in game coaching.

The value of being the JV coach at UNC is underplayed when it comes to the "Carolina Way". UNC basketball, and the respect it gets from its basketball alum is always about the coaching, and there coaching comes from the love of teaching. Dean had that love, and Roy had that passion, I am not sure about Dean, but I know Roy coached JV at Carolina, and so did Hubert.

Hubert is going to be coaching us a long time guys. We do not have to win a banner this year or even next, to still be our coach. All he has done in 2 plus seasons is lead us to finals, give us a
number 1 ranked team, comes back the next season and brings in a new team, and is currently ranked 10th in the nation.

Hubert needs a banner, but I think he has done his part. Allot of things have to go right to win the big one.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
NOPE. Hubs needs to keep building the culture back to where it was! He needs to continue to be a masterful manipulator of the portal and all other new issues other coaches never faced! He needs to keep piling up wins and keep doing it the Carolina Way! He needs to keep us in the top 3 ACC and high seed for the dance! As long as his learning curve remains the steepest I have ever seen, we will be fine!

He can coach my team as long as he wants!

Reactions: superstar57
I'm glad some of you weren't calling the shots while Dean coached. It took him an awful long time to hang a banner from what he did between March 10th and April 10th.
uhhhhh Dean didnt have teams full of this much talent and starters with over 400 combined D-1 starts. not exactly apples to apples. no, Dean would not have survived in the 21st century.

No he doesn't. He just needs to do what is happening this year. What do you think is going to happen if they don't hang a banner? Get fired? Get real. This season has proved he can coach. Ultimately he needs to become a consistent winner, but hang a banner this season? Note: I don't give a shit about the ACC tournament.
if UNC does not win the regular season, ACCT, or get to the FF, i will be massively disappointed. this is about as good as it gets in regards to EXPERIENCED talent. we have to capitalize!

if UNC does not win the regular season, ACCT, or get to the FF, i will be massively disappointed. this is about as good as it gets in regards to EXPERIENCED talent. we have to capitalize!
Agree. On the positive side is that he managing the experienced talent MUCH better this year than last. Although I am concerned hat the overall team focus and effort does seem off from what it was a month ago.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT