ADVERTISEMENT

Are We Out of Contention for Zaire?

0910 I try hard not to respond directly to peeps since it often leads to an unnecessary back and forth, BUT please consider changing your signature line because it is not the Family Way. D, G-7, and some others can be annoying due to the strength of their opinions, but they are also true Tar Heels and just want to debate Tar Heel topics. I think you fall into the same category (as I often do), but the sig is an off putting personal attack that distracts from your points.

Meanwhile back at the topic: ZW is still considering the Heels from all I have heard, but it may not be the lock it once was. In either case, The Heels are sitting pretty with some serious firepower and the future is bright!

David Noel is another candidate that stepped up. That season looked a lot like this season. Quality freshman coming in and veterans that did next to nothing stepping up. David Noel averaged 3.9pts and 2.6 reb the previous season. The next 12.9 and 7. There was also a similar Junior on that team that stepped up and made some huge shots for us. Small slow Wes Miller filled a role for us as a shooter that year that I think Platek can fill as well, and maybe better since he is at least 5 inches taller than Miller. Walker Miller may also be a player that gets a run. He can really shoot the ball and as a stretch 4 he could create some space in the paint for Cole and Bacot/Garrison to make us pretty dangerous. That eliminates our need of Pierce to play out of position at the 4 and fills the depth at 3. Fact is...we are on here jabbing each other and trashing the Simpsons (which is a horrible thing to do btw) and 99% of the teams would love to have the embarrassment of riches we have. Gonna be a fun season and if everyone on the team can be okay with the PT situation, I am sure ROY will (as he always does) put us in a position to be very successful.
Oh yeah. Lots of parts. Bound to find combinations that work.

I always love to see Roy experiment and give kids chances in the first part of the season. I know that drives some people nuts, and might occasionally cost us an early season loss, but it's great to see the players come along and which combinations work best. And it usually pays off down the stretch.

With all the newcomers and so few top caliber players with experience in Roy's system, I expect the full Wild West treatment for the first month or 2 - and perhaps longer.

Reactions: gauchoheel
0910 I try hard not to respond directly to peeps since it often leads to an unnecessary back and forth, BUT please consider changing your signature line because it is not the Family Way. D, G-7, and some others can be annoying due to the strength of their opinions, but they are also true Tar Heels and just want to debate Tar Heel topics. I think you fall into the same category (as I often do), but the sig is an off putting personal attack that distracts from your points.

Meanwhile back at the topic: ZW is still considering the Heels from all I have heard, but it may not be the lock it once was. In either case, The Heels are sitting pretty with some serious firepower and the future is bright!
Made me scroll back to find that signature.

While I agree with your comment, I also agree with the signature's sentiment: ask before attacking. But perhaps it's time to remove the names of any specific poster.

"Ask before attacking" is a darn good rule of thumb for all of us.

I modified it, but I don't plan to completely remove it. @DSouthr has had a problem with me before when I don't say IMO, so that should remind him that I do post opinions without saying IMO everytime. Not sure why everyone keeps bringing up Gary. My opinion on Platek and my response to Dave had nothing to do with Gary. He apparently just chose to assume it did and apparently that triggered him.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I modified it, but I don't plan to completely remove it. @DSouthr has had a problem with me before when I don't say IMO, so that should remind him that I do post opinions without saying IMO everytime. Not sure why everyone keeps bringing up Gary. My opinion on Platek and my response to Dave had nothing to do with Gary. He apparently just chose to assume it did and apparently that triggered him.
Your avatar is not what you should modify, it is your lacking in the ability to respectfully discuss a topic that is and has been in dire need of modification. Yeah, all you offer is your opinion and yet you consistently show that you consider your opinion to be unquestionable fact and it is never that. Those like myself that that do not agree with your opinion you consistently seem to need to talk down to, to belittle. So I fed you a little of that back just so you could taste what you seem so willing to dish out. So que up one of your passive aggressive retorts or your favorite go to when it comes to me that I write more than your attention span allows you to read...LOL

Your avatar is not what you should modify, it is your lacking in the ability to respectfully discuss a topic that is and has been in dire need of modification. Yeah, all you offer is your opinion and yet you consistently show that you consider your opinion to be unquestionable fact and it is never that. Those like myself that that do not agree with your opinion you consistently seem to need to talk down to, to belittle. So I fed you a little of that back just so you could taste what you seem so willing to dish out. So que up one of your passive aggressive retorts or your favorite go to when it comes to me that I write more than your attention span allows you to read...LOL
I very rarely post on radar, so basically everything you just said is BS. I have a feeling that you are confusing me with @carolinablue34 because there hasn't been any discussion about my avatar and I can assure you that I'm never passive aggressive. Put me on ignore since you obviously don't have the ability to tell what an opinion is.

If I'm understanding someone is saying if Platek gets a ton of minutes we are in trouble, then Mike says he has heard that before. Then a third party supporter of Mike says, "you can't tell Mike what to say!". Then Mike insinuates the guy may get banned!

Then a commercial break happened, so I stopped paying attention.
nice man very nice still laughing 5 minutes later :D:D:D:D

Reactions: superstar57
Ah. Yes, I wouldn't mind rounding out our class with Davis and Walton. Both look like good multi-year additions to me. Either might develop into a starter, especially Davis. Not OAD, but good foundation players.
I think there are three real potential outcomes for this class:

1. Get Thompson and Ziaire: rejoice at our class and take whichever of the multi-year players wants to commit first

2. Get one of Thompson or Ziaire: still an incredible class. I think we take one multi-year guy and then hold the last spot open for the spring to look at grad transfers, decommits, and other potential big impact guys. If nothing else use the scholly on a program guy or walk-on

3. Get neither Thompson nor Ziaire: still an awesome class! Take 1-2 multi-year guys. Maybe a few more offers go out, but we probably hold open a spot for a big-time grad transfer because we need to land a top wing somehow. I know we have Harris, but there’s still a lot of uncertainty on how good he’ll be by sophomore year and we don’t want to count on him as the only option at the 2 when the rest of the roster is Final Four caliber.

Ah. Yes, I wouldn't mind rounding out our class with Davis and Walton. Both look like good multi-year additions to me. Either might develop into a starter, especially Davis. Not OAD, but good foundation players.

Without a doubt. They are the sort of guys Roy excels with, especially if they are along with these more elite types we now seem to be getting. It would be nice to have a ridiculously elite class as well though. See what Roy could do with something like that.

Pussy Galore??
Yes please.

Without a doubt. They are the sort of guys Roy excels with, especially if they are along with these more elite types we now seem to be getting. It would be nice to have a ridiculously elite class as well though. See what Roy could do with something like that.
I don’t want the turnover that would probably come from a #1 class. I’d prefer a four star wing like Puff, don’t want to see a OAD carousel every year.

….I don’t want the turnover that would probably come from a #1 class. I’d prefer a four star wing like Puff, don’t want to see a OAD carousel every year.
I agree Arch, and I do think Roy is looking to round out the class with a 3-4 yr player or two... I do hope he snags Zaire too!

Reactions: TheGLOV
I very rarely post on radar, so basically everything you just said is BS. I have a feeling that you are confusing me with @carolinablue34 because there hasn't been any discussion about my avatar and I can assure you that I'm never passive aggressive. Put me on ignore since you obviously don't have the ability to tell what an opinion is.
LOL

It does seem the ship is starting to leave the dock in regards to Ziaire. Hopefully we can get a quality 3 and a quality 2. We need both, but they do not need to be 5 start, one and done types. Our class is already strong, but we do need 2 wings still.
No, The Dock's Of Both; Ziaire, & Cade Is Still Open To Carolina, Bryce's Too, We Haven't Wrapped Up Our Class, And We Will Still Land 2 Other 5 Stars; Ziaire Williams & Cade Cunningham, & Bryce Thompson; GO HEELS!!!

Reactions: CJBlue
Coach Roy & His Staff Isn't Letting Off The Efforts On Ziaire & Cade, & Will Land Both; Plus Bryce Thompson; GO HEELS!!!
Doesn't really matter if I agree with you or not, I do enjoy your positive belief and for me that trumps what I may think will happen! Want to thank you for that.

I sense a lot of expect the worst feelings now days (but seems to be lessening almost daily), that as soon a a handful of programs offer a kid we want our fans will fold tent and believe there goes another one. WE have come out of a very dark tunnel that took forever to get thru and while we were involved in that, a few of our hated rivals took advantage of our weakness and took our spot as programs that fans feared when they got involved. We are now out of that dark place but still, our beliefs have changed naturally.

I do think things are changing for the better for us, 5 stars are visiting us again, we are getting some now but expectations are still a bit lagging, as I said, understandable but to see you with all that positivity, refreshing.

I agree David. And if you’d told me a month ago that we’d have commitments from three 5* recruits at this point, I’d have asked for some of what you’re smoking. So I’m thrilled with this class, even if we don’t add another wing. But something tells me that we will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT