ADVERTISEMENT

Bacot

Jacked, just totally JACKED!!!!!

Welcome Amando, you committed to UNC and you are NOW in the UNC FAMILY! That means Vince Carter is your brother, Jamison is your BROTHER, and yeah, a guy named Jordan is now your UNC BROTHE!

That means Vince Carter is your brother, Jamison is your BROTHER, and yeah, a guy named Jordan is now your UNC BROTHER! Joel Berry and Marcus Paige are your brothers! And guess what, the GREATEST PLAYER TO EVER LACE THEM UP.... JORDAN is your UNC brother!

You committed to a coach, a school, a program and not only did you get ALL THAT! You gained another family...WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it means anything, Mann, Green and Anthony re-tweeted Bacot's announcement video.

I think we have an epic epic class and land all 5

Anthony and Bacot are tight. Anthony’s father know Hubert well and trusts him

Tre Mann was waiting for an offer and re opened his recruitment for UNC (I think he pops shortly after or even during his OV)

JRE’s Dad played for Roy, and now will be teammates with Bacot. Seems to be us and Kansas. In the end I think we get him

Josh Green grew up a UNC fan and was waiting for an offer. Now Bacot can be in his ear all day every day.

This is the class that puts us back on the recruiting map. I love Nas and Coby, but this will be one of this talented and deep classes Roy is accustom to (think the Lawson class)

If it means anything, Mann, Green and Anthony re-tweeted Bacot's announcement video.

It was also a clever announcement video. For those who don't know, it was a parody of a movie starring Tupac that has developed into somewhat of a meme on Twitter. I'm sure he got a lot of love not just for the announcement, but due to the creative nature of it.

Regardless, Bacot seems to be a well-liked and connected kid. Retweets don't necessarily equate to future commitments, but it's not a bad sign.

It was also a clever announcement video. For those who don't know, it was a parody of a movie starring Tupac that has developed into somewhat of a meme on Twitter. I'm sure he got a lot of love not just for the announcement, but due to the creative nature of it.

Regardless, Bacot seems to be a well-liked and connected kid. Retweets don't necessarily equate to future commitments, but it's not a bad sign.
Didn't know it was a parody vid.... even cooler.
If Roy reels in all his top targets someone will have to do a "downfall" parody for Coach K!

Reactions: DeuceManJones
I loved seeing the Jordan shoes right before they showed him in the UNC shirt. Nice touch.

Me too, I started jumping up and down when I saw them. I also really liked how he included his Family in it with him, I think it says a lot about how close-knit they are and how important they were for him in making his decision. It's also very telling of why Roy was able to do well with the recruitment as these type of situations are right in his wheelhouse. A special shoutout to Bacot's mom who grew up a Heels fan and has loved Roy from the beginning- mama knows best! And it's great to be able to welcome them to an even bigger and great family that's like no other-The Carolina Family!

Last edited:
I am so happy for Bacot. I truly believe that our class will be Francis, Bacot, Cole, Mann, Green and JRE. And the crazy thing is I don’t think it’s far fetched at all. I believe it is very realistic and when it’s all said and done this will be our 2019 class. With 5 McDonald All Americans and 5 Jordan Brand All Stars. Go Heels!!!!!!!

And when asked who he would like to bring with him to CH:
Armando said without hesitation, my teammates at IMG and Cole.
I'd take Tre Mann too but Armando, Josh, JRE and Cole....would be significant and with Tre I'd say we would need to re-arrange banners a time or two!
GO HEELS! :cool:

Reactions: Heels5150
What are the actuate odds we pull off a class of Francis, Bacot, Green, Mann, Robinson Earl, and Anthony? Lol GDTBATH

Has def received some good coaching. His footwork with back to the basket is excellent. Noone teaches that any more. Curious to know how that came about.

I am so happy for Bacot. I truly believe that our class will be Francis, Bacot, Cole, Mann, Green and JRE. And the crazy thing is I don’t think it’s far fetched at all. I believe it is very realistic and when it’s all said and done this will be our 2019 class. With 5 McDonald All Americans and 5 Jordan Brand All Stars. Go Heels!!!!!!!
Not sure if we have room for all 6. Nas is a one and done, but Coby will have to be for us to have room for 6.

He's buddies with Anthony and will play with Green and Robinson-Earl this season?

If I'm Tre Mann, I tell Roy as soon as I step on campus that I'm a Heel. I get the sense that these scholarships won't be around for long.
Would love to see that. I like his game. And I wouldn't count on getting Anthony. Plus Tre should be good for us for several years, whereas Anthony is almost certainly OAD.

Reactions: chapelhillbill67
So we have 4. And Francis and Bacot have 2 of them. You are assuming nassir is leaving which you don't know for sure.

If Coby has a great year and is OAD then yes. If not the most we’ll have is 5 unless someone like Seventh or BRob transfers.
I know some people don't want to think about that, but I worry about it.

If Seventh doesn't earn the PG starting position this season, does he transfer?

If (as I expect) Coby is very good for us but not OAD, how does that affect BRob (and Seventh)?

Barring injury to other players, it's hard to see many minutes for BRob this year or next. My belief is that he could definitely start for many good teams. Sitting out a year would be worth it if you get to start on a good team as a senior. Plus, plenty of coaches should be very happy to get a talented player who has been coached by Roy for 3 years. Wouldn't you, if you were a coach?

If (as I expect) Coby is very good for us but not OAD, how does that affect BRob (and Seventh)?

Barring injury to other players, it's hard to see many minutes for BRob this year or next. My belief is that he could definitely start for many good teams. Sitting out a year would be worth it if you get to start on a good team as a senior. Plus, plenty of coaches should be very happy to get a talented player who has been coached by Roy for 3 years. Wouldn't you, if you were a coach?

Why do people post about how our players could transfer?

What exactly is going through your brain when you write a comment like this?

Has BRob given any indication he wants to leave? No. Will we be losing 2 SFs and a SG next year? Yes. Seems like transferring before next season is the last thing he would want to do.

I’ve been thinking about that with talk about us having an elite recruiting class this year. I never want ours guys to leave, but I understand if they’re wanting more PT.

IMO the only ones we risk losing is Seventh and BRob. Brooks and Manley play enough to not worry about and Platek and Huffman seem like the type that love being part of them team regardless of PT.

Has BRob given any indication he wants to leave? No. Will we be losing 2 SFs and a SG next year? Yes. Seems like transferring before next season is the last thing he would want to do.

Bingo big guy...

Both Seventh and BRob are juniors this year who are going to have to fight to get PT this year. Yeah we’re losing a lot after this year, but if we get a class like some think we can get this recruiting class there’s a chance they're stuck with little PT again compared to what they could get at a South Carolina or Georgia (I picked those two because of their state schools.)

Yeah, I don't like that speculation one iota. And I don't think WWJD meant anything by it, either.

I'm thrilled that that these 5-stars are again rewarding Roy for all of his hard work, but the guys who committed to Carolina between 2011-2017 deserve our undying support.

Robinson, Woods and Huffman know that they're in a great program and that they will have to work for playing time. And surely the kids Roy is recruiting come from good stock and know the same.

Why the hostility?

Yeah, I don't like that speculation one iota. And I don't think WWJD meant anything by it, either.

I'm thrilled that that these 5-stars are again rewarding Roy for all of his hard work, but the guys who committed to Carolina between 2011-2017 deserve our undying support.

Robinson, Woods and Huffman know that they're in a great program and that they will have to work for playing time. And surely the kids Roy is recruiting come from good stock and know the same.
Thanks for saying that.

Look, we talk a lot about what's best for the kids. Kids like Seventh and BRob didn't come here thinking they would be relegated to mop-up duties. Sure, some players never realize their potential. That's a shame, but it's reality. But other kids logically could be playing more somewhere else.

Those kids usually continue to stay here and continue to contribute. They obviously like it here, and we're grateful to have them.

But saying that, it also makes sense that some might want to go somewhere else and play more. Yet others might need another year to develop. So sitting out a year as a transfer could actually help them.

UNC doesn't owe kids like Seventh or BRob (or Nate or Joel James) a starting position. They have to earn it. But if it's looking pretty clear they won't earn it because of who's ahead of them, it's only reasonable for them to consider their options.

Most of us hope that a healthy Seventh will turn the corner and be the dazzling PG some thought he would be when we recruited him. But suppose, despite improvement by Seventh, Coby really clicks at PG and it's clear that he has the PG spot locked down for 2019-20 (and he isn't leaving).

Reactions: DeuceManJones
I’ve been thinking about that with talk about us having an elite recruiting class this year. I never want ours guys to leave, but I understand if they’re wanting more PT.

IMO the only ones we risk losing is Seventh and BRob. Brooks and Manley play enough to not worry about and Platek and Huffman seem like the type that love being part of them team regardless of PT.
That's how I see it as well.

Thanks for saying that.

Look, we talk a lot about what's best for the kids. Kids like Seventh and BRob didn't come here thinking they would be relegated to mop-up duties. Sure, some players never realize their potential. That's a shame, but it's reality. But other kids logically could be playing more somewhere else.

Those kids usually continue to stay here and continue to contribute. They obviously like it here, and we're grateful to have them.

But saying that, it also makes sense that some might want to go somewhere else and play more. Yet others might need another year to develop. So sitting out a year as a transfer could actually help them.

UNC doesn't owe kids like Seventh or BRob (or Nate or Joel James) a starting position. They have to earn it. But if it's looking pretty clear they won't earn it because of who's ahead of them, it's only reasonable for them to consider their options.

Most of us hope that a healthy Seventh will turn the corner and be the dazzling PG some thought he would be when we recruited him. But suppose, despite improvement by Seventh, Coby really clicks at PG and it's clear that he has the PG spot locked down for 2019-20 (and he isn't leaving).

I hope Seventh and BRob have amazing seasons as well but at some point Coach will put his best 5 on the floor when it counts and with the talent headed to The Hill I don't see Seventh or BRob being the best at their positions. That said .. it doesn't mean either of them can't make some decent $$ playing ball somewhere. It's just that since the cloud has lifted the quality of players coming in will seriously challenge them for PT .. and that is in no way a bad thing !! jmho

Thanks for saying that.

So where does encouraging kids to see the downside rank with you? Seventh will see a lot of action this year if healthy, imo. Your negativism is rather unpalatable to my taste. Other than that you seem to be an ordinary player here, in my eyes. Regardless, take care and I feel certain that you will keep doing what you do do...

So we have 4. And Francis and Bacot have 2 of them. You are assuming nassir is leaving which you don't know for sure.

This is even less likely than us having 6 Scholarships available next season.

Nassir will be OAD. Hands down.

i quit following recruiting 5 or so years ago so the numbers i'm seeing don't add up to me.
he's a 5* ranked 27th in the country and the 7th ranked center. 27th and 7th isn't a 5* to me. it's a low ranked 4.

have rankings changed that much?

someone i trust that gets paid to evaluate talent tells me that this kid is the real deal though.

i quit following recruiting 5 or so years ago so the numbers i'm seeing don't add up to me.
he's a 5* ranked 27th in the country and the 7th ranked center. 27th and 7th isn't a 5* to me. it's a low ranked 4.

have rankings changed that much?

someone i trust that gets paid to evaluate talent tells me that this kid is the real deal though.
1) It’s a deep class
2) Bacot’s a top 15 caliber player and a definite 5*, his play this summer showed that.

I strongly dislike it when people speculate about which of our players might transfer. Ideas are viral. Try not to spread the negative ones around.

If I ran this site, I would outright ban that sort of speculation. Not worth the risk.
Wow.

So you would ban several people on this thread.

Interesting.

Again for all you nay sayers... Seventh will start, and he will surprise many of you in a good way
I hope so. I will be delighted if Coby and Leaky show us good PG chops. But I don't want to have to force them to play there.

I think I saw a couple of nice moves by KJ in the highlights. I may have to go back and check.

I suspect most of us worry about PG more because we don't know how it will sort out than because we are actually strapped for people who can play PG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT