ADVERTISEMENT

BC AD Martin Jarmond

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
headed to UCLA.

What is most interesting about that? Jarmond spent 7 years at Ohio St. He hired Ohio St assistant Jef Hafley as the BC football coach. Will Jarmond try to hire Urban Meyer as UCLA football coach?

If Jarmond could sign Meyer, USC fans would melt down on a massive scale.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
What was the deal with Urban not being hired on at USC? Was that Carol Folt or more of a collective thing? I don't recall.
They kept Clay Helton as HC. Now, whether that decision was because Urban did not want the job, or because Folt rejected him, I have not read about anywhere.

SC football boosters have more power than UNC football boosters.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
No. Excellent point! Why would Boston College hire an assistant from Ohio State who will only use BC as a stepping stone?

No. Excellent point! Why would Boston College hire an assistant from Ohio State who will only use BC as a stepping stone?
I assume you mean new football HC Hafley. BC hired him because then AD Jarmond wanted him. Part of the reason Jarmond wanted him is that Hafley has regional experience as assistant at both Pitt and Rutgers. Another reason is that Hafley has NFL assistant coach experience.

I have no idea if Hafley is the type who would be happy building a winner at BC. He is not a New Englander and has never coached in New England.

No! I meant that Jarmond was an assistant athletic director at Ohio State. He was fortunate to get the Athletic Director job at Boston College. He was there just long enough to find the stapler and the coffee maker and write a letter of resignation so he could go to la la land and preside over UCLA athletics

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT