ADVERTISEMENT

Beef Burger lee street (close to colesium) Greensboro , North Carolina

ElizabethtownHeel

Hall of Famer
Oct 6, 2006
So Beef Burger formerly Biff Burger has been in business for 53 yrs. The owner says he started working there at 16 I think and then bought it and is there every day. He looks like he maybe around 70+ yrs old.

Well this place has the best burgers in Greensboro. I go by on my day off every monday. If you are every in Greensboro it is a great burger combo at a good price (6 dollars)

The place is a dump ! Physically that is. The place looks dirty and out dated really bad ! I think they clean the tables maybe in the morning and when they are closing, not in between though.

The neighborhood was bad but UNCG is buying up a lot of that part of lee street so it is improving.

They have signs on the doors and windows that make you wonder about the place and neighborhood like the following :

" If you are drunk go eat somewhere else"

"We are in a poor neighborhood with a Rich outlook and we have a really good dern burger"

Maybe the best part they have an old Ms. Pacman + Galaga arcade console Warning though the joystick makes it hard for ms. Pacman to go down ! she does ok going up and left and right though.

With all this said , truth is I would not change a thing ! I hope the old guy will continue to keep the place open for many yrs to come and it is the only place in the world I have ever seen them cook a burger on what looks like a oven that the grill trays rotate in a counter clockwise motion. 2 trips around the oven and the burger is done !

I'm partial to Johnsons in Siler City. Don't know any of the three you have posted, but will be in Gboro tomorrow and will try to check this place out.

I'm partial to Johnsons in Siler City. Don't know any of the three you have posted, but will be in Gboro tomorrow and will try to check this place out.
I always get the super burger combo ! I will have to ride down to Siler City to try out Johnson's. I love the mom and pop hamburger shops , rather than the Mcdonald's and Wendy's and such.

I always get the super burger combo ! I will have to ride down to Siler City to try out Johnson's. I love the mom and pop hamburger shops , rather than the Mcdonald's and Wendy's and such.

Johnsons is my favorite burger ever. Open only for lunch M-Sat. They grind their own beef daily and close at 2p or when the burgers run out- whichever comes first.

Funny story about Beef Burger.

So back in college, I had some friends that were known to patronize massage parlors. There was a place on Spring Garden called Sun's. My buddy went there late one night to get fixed up. He said he got the works. And he paid with his credit card. We were looking at the credit card receipt and it showed a charge of $250 to Beef Burger. I guess the owner of both fine establishments was the same or they got some kind of deal (a double patty drug through the garden for happy ending?) Told his mom he catered his Super Bowl gathering.

We always joked that we didn't know which would make you sicker - $250 at Beef Burger or $250 at Sun's.

In the 6 years I lived in Gboro, I never stepped foot in that place. Looked disgusting. And I'm ok with disgusting as evidenced by my posts a couple weeks ago about a place here in Lynchburg called The T Room. But it has to be a familiar disgusting. I didn't grow up with that disgusting so it was scary.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Funny story about Beef Burger.

So back in college, I had some friends that were known to patronize massage parlors. There was a place on Spring Garden called Sun's. My buddy went there late one night to get fixed up. He said he got the works. And he paid with his credit card. We were looking at the credit card receipt and it showed a charge of $250 to Beef Burger. I guess the owner of both fine establishments was the same or they got some kind of deal (a double patty drug through the garden for happy ending?) Told his mom he catered his Super Bowl gathering.

We always joked that we didn't know which would make you sicker - $250 at Beef Burger or $250 at Sun's.

In the 6 years I lived in Gboro, I never stepped foot in that place. Looked disgusting. And I'm ok with disgusting as evidenced by my posts a couple weeks ago about a place here in Lynchburg called The T Room. But it has to be a familiar disgusting. I didn't grow up with that disgusting so it was scary.

Hold on a minute- this place is like the T Room?

Theres a dump in wilmington called merritt house that still has curb service. Dont know what it is but those burgers are like crack. I get three at a time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT