ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-White Game Moved to Oct. 12 at the Smith Center

Great to see the proceeds going to help the storm victims.

Also great to see the scalpers are getting absolutely screwed on this. They bought up tons of tickets for the Cherokee event, and you can still see them listed on StubHub for as much as $415 per ticket. Sorry scalpers, it's $10 to get into the Dean Dome and it's general admission. Nobody is buying your tickets and you aren't getting a refund.

That is great news for the fans but the big question that needs to be addressed is will there be fan buses running from the Friday center since much of the fleet will be needed to bring people back from the football game

Hubert says the relationship with Penny Hardaway was part of what makes the Memphis exhibition game appealing. He said that kind of team and environment, and to serve St. Jude’s hospital

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I asked about the challenges of looking for big men in the portal and he said it’s not a challenge, it’s just finding the right fit

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Hubert says Elliot Cadeau’s progression has been huge, but in two areas: he’s “knocking down shots all over the place,” and his “overall leadership is off the charts.” Also said Elliot is constantly working in the gym

On JWash Hubert says his first year was really rehab but he’s gotten more confident and has been their best rebounder, screener, best running big, is doing well off ball screens, attacking the offensive glass, and shoots well from the outside.

On JWash Hubert says his first year was really rehab but he’s gotten more confident and has been their best rebounder, screener, best running big, is doing well off ball screens, attacking the offensive glass, and shoots well from the outside.
JWash is our starting 5 and it would be self-defeating to do anything else.

Look guys. I'm giving away several 3-month gift premium subscriptions prior to the start of the season. Just be the first to answer 3 easy questions about Campus NIL each week. Already have awarded 2 winners.

Thanks AJ for throwing us a bone!
Seems like almost all of the questions we had have been answered very positively! I really hope we don't have to play Cade at 4 at all. He is too valuable on the wing. Just the threat of him being out there ready to shoot will deform defense! Full speed ahead and bring peeps out in waves please! Use the all D team to harass peeps full court and the jumbo to beat them up!

Last edited:
That is great news for the fans but the big question that needs to be addressed is will there be fan buses running from the Friday center since much of the fleet will be needed to bring people back from the football game
I would think so…I remember the Blue and White game was always played on the Saturday of a football game in Chapel Hill…I think after the game you could take the bus straight to the Smith Center or we may have walked…It’s been over 20 years so I am not sure…I smoke the flower a lot lol….

Thanks AJ for throwing us a bone!
Seems like almost all of the questions we had have been answered very positively! I really hope we don't have to play Cade at 4 at all. He is too valuable on the wing. Just the threat of him being out there ready to shoot will deform defense! Full speed ahead and bring peeps out in waves please! Use the all D team to harass peeps full court and the jumbo to beat them up!
If I remember the Cade interview clip correctly, he seemed to be saying that while he's ready to play the 4 if needed, he expects to play mostly at the 3.

I hope that's correct.

But, yes, if Ian and Drake are as good as we hope, we do need to find PT for them. And the obvious places are at SG and SF.

So maybe this is the year when RJ only plays 30 minutes - because we don't need him to play 35. Then again that only frees up 5 minutes. But it's a start. Here's just one of many possible approximations.

Some don't want RJ to play PG any more. So if he plays all his 30 at SG, who backs up Elliot? Seth? Ian?

PlayerPGSGSFPF
Elliot30------
RJ1020----
Seth--105--
Ian--105--
Drake----10--
Cade----255

If I remember the Cade interview clip correctly, he seemed to be saying that while he's ready to play the 4 if needed, he expects to play mostly at the 3.

I hope that's correct.

But, yes, if Ian and Drake are as good as we hope, we do need to find PT for them. And the obvious places are at SG and SF.

So maybe this is the year when RJ only plays 30 minutes - because we don't need him to play 35. Then again that only frees up 5 minutes. But it's a start. Here's just one of many possible approximations.

Some don't want RJ to play PG any more. So if he plays all his 30 at SG, who backs up Elliot? Seth? Ian?

PlayerPGSGSFPF
Elliot30------
RJ1020----
Seth--105--
Ian--105--
Drake----10--
Cade----255
And that right there is why Cade will have to play most stretch 4 (and seriously we've got to get away from calling it Power Forward because that is simply not the way Hubert uses the 4 spot.)

Trimble didn't pull his name out of the portal to come back and play LESS minutes than he averaged as a sophomore (he played just over 17 mins per game.)

Drake Powell is currently wowing NBA scouts and may be a top 10 pick next June based on his potential, and you've got him playing 10 minutes a game.

Ian Jackson is 100% going to be in the draft next June, scouts believe he should be the 2nd leading scorer on UNC's team, and you've got him playing 15 minutes per game.

The main job of the stretch 4 in Hubert's system is to stretch the floor with shooting. We were elite when Brady Manek was at the 4. We were elite when Harrison Ingram shot a career high 3pt % at the 4. We were mediocre when Pete Nance was bricking wide open looks while playing the 4. Everything is pointing towards Cade Tyson filling that role this year.

I like it overall, but I think Drake, Ian, and Seth will force their way into more PT than that. I wouldn't be surprised to see RJ (20-SG + 5-PG) closer to 25 per.

Reactions: gary-7
I like it overall, but I think Drake, Ian, and Seth will force their way into more PT than that. I wouldn't be surprised to see RJ (20-SG + 5-PG) closer to 25 per.
Most likely.
If practice is an indicator, Hubert has finally committed to a tempo that will require the usage of our legt (10-deep) depth.
TBH, Cadeau should lead this team in minutes, but the 35 minute thing in general should mostly be a thing of the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT