ADVERTISEMENT

Starting Positions - Whose to Lose?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
Some starting positions seem pretty secure in the sense that they are somebody's to lose. Other's not so much.

PG is Elliot's to lose, and it seems unlikely anyone will beat him out.
SG is RJ's to lose and while I doubt that will happen, he may need to give up a few minutes of PT to Ian.
SF is less clear to me. Probably Cade's to lose, but there are both smaller and bigger alternatives sniffing that spot.
PF? I have no idea. JWit may have the inside track, but is it his to lose? Maybe Lubin?
C is JWash's to lose, but he's by no means as secure in that position as Elliot and RJ are in theirs, imo.

That's my take. What do you guys think? No hard feelings if you disagree.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Some starting positions seem pretty secure in the sense that they are somebody's to lose. Other's not so much.

SG is RJ's to lose and while I doubt that will happen, he may need to give up a few minutes of PT to Ian.
SF is less clear to me. Probably Cade's to lose, but there are both smaller and bigger alternatives sniffing that spot.
PF? I have no idea. JWit may have the inside track, but is it his to lose? Maybe Lubin?
C is JWash's to lose, but he's by no means as secure in that position as Elliot and RJ are in theirs, imo.

Yeah, that is my starting line up as well, I do think it is a coin flip between Lubin and JWit for the starting 4 spot, I slightly prefer JWit to start there even with my opinion being Lubin may be the better player and the more minutes.

If you watched the player interviews you probably noticed JWit's voice. When his playing days are behind him, he might have a career in broadcast, acting or audiobook narration. That good.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

PG: Cadeau
SG: Davis
SF: Jackson or Powell
Stretch 4: Tyson or Withers
C: Washington or Lubin

After watching one practice Jon Rothstein predicted Cadeau, Davis, Jackson, Tyson, Lubin.

After watching two practices Jonathon Givony predicted Cadeau, Davis, Powell, Tyson, Washington.

The consensus seems to be that one of the freshmen is going to take the open wing spot, Tyson has the edge at the stretch 4, and Washington and Lubin are really battling it out for those center minutes.

And keep in mind that we have a ridiculous amount of perimeter talent in Cadeau, Davis, Trimble, Jackson, Powell, and Tyson. The only way all 6 get the minutes they deserve is if we play mostly small ball with Tyson playing nearly all of his minutes at the 4.

If Tyson were to start at the 3 and play lots of minutes at the 3, then one of the other perimeter players would basically not play at all.

And keep in mind that we have a ridiculous amount of perimeter talent in Cadeau, Davis, Trimble, Jackson, Powell, and Tyson. The only way all 6 get the minutes they deserve is if we play mostly small ball with Tyson playing nearly all of his minutes at the 4.

If Tyson were to start at the 3 and play lots of minutes at the 3, then one of the other perimeter players would basically not play at all.
It’s been a while since we’ve had some decent talent to come off the bench, that could also produce better than the starters at times.

Start: EC, RJ, Cade, JWit, JWash!
All D: Seth, RJ, Drake, JWit, JWash
Small: EC, RJ, Cap, Drake/Cade, Lubin/JWit
Jumbo: Seth, Drake, Cade, Lubin, JWash
All shooters: RJ, Cap, Drake, Cade, JWash

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT