ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
First up: the New Orleans Bowl. I still say it should be called The Big Easy Bowl.

Troy Trojans versus North Texas Mean Green. The latter are coached by Seth Littrell and looked rather good until dismantled by Lane Kiffin and Florida Atlantic. The former are coached by Neal Brown, who is 37 and may be the next wunderkind.

For most people, the most interesting bowl of the day will be Boise St vs. Oregon on The Las Vegas Bowl. Boise St wants the win to be the first step to battling back to be the best non-P5 team, and Oregon gets its first look at Mario Cristobal as HC.

The primetime Camelia Bowl features Arkansas St vs. Middle Tennessee. Blake Anderson taking on the school that had first Fedora and then him as OC.

I'll probably watch the Oregon game. Not really interested in any others today.

Florida Atlantic is utterly destroying Akron.

Lane Kiffin has taken a program that had back to back to back 3-win seasons and won 10 games in his 1st year. And this is the first 10-win season in school history. About to first 11-win season .

No way Larry Fedora could have come remotely close to equaling that. Fedora would have been lucky to improve FAU by 2 wins.

Tonight is my favorite bowl title: Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

Temple vs. Florida International.

In his first season, Butch Davis has FIU at 8-4. Butch inherited a LOSER. The 5 seasons before he arrived, the Panthers' records were: 3-9, 1-11, 4-8, 5-7, 4-8.

8-4 was Butch’s ceiling here. Hell, if he could have beaten UNC-Raleigh just one time, we could have gotten that elusive 9 win season.

Reactions: grillheel
Birmingham Bowl - not the most interesting name. Somebody needs to come up with something better.

6-6 Texas Tech versus 9-2 USF.

Charlie Strong knows the Red Raiders and Kingsbury and his offense. That gives the edge to the Bulls.

Armed Forces Bowl: Army scores TD with 18 seconds. EP would have tied game, but Army went for 2 and took the lead 36-35.

And then on last play, SDSU's lateral with time expired was picked off by Army and returned for a TD.

One game scheduled for 12/24 - Fresno State v. Houston in the Hawai'i Bowl

There are some decent games on tomorrow. I'm planning to watch UCLA vs. K State

App st wins again I think that makes it 3-0 in bowl games.
App State has had a remarkably good transition from 1AA (FCS) to 1A (FBS). The one good thing about it is that it should be used by UNC to refute, from now until forever, that UNC owes it to the state to play ECU, including games in Greenville. UNC should never play ECU in Greenville and should play ECU no more than twice per decade: once in Chapel Hill and once in Charlotte (both games counted as UNC Home games, for TV distribution and rights).

Doesn't look like anyone showed up for the WVU game. Attendance photos looked really bad.

Dook in a bowl game.

That used to be a myth. This is Dook's 5th bowl game since 2012. Dook has 5 bowls in the last 6 seasons. And in that lone non-bowl year, Dook beat us.

Rosen won't play for UCLA tonight. Not cleared from concussion protocol.

If you are an NFL GM, does that bother you? Do you wonder if he and UCLA are lying to cover up his choosing not to play?

Rosen has said he doesn't want to play for the Browns. Not sure if him not playing tonight has anything to do with that.

Rosen has said he doesn't want to play for the Browns. Not sure if him not playing tonight has anything to do with that.
Not want to play for the Browns? A rich kid from Los Angeles sees himself as above being in Cleveland with all those non-beautiful people?

Not want to play for the Browns? A rich kid from Los Angeles sees himself as above being in Cleveland with all those non-beautiful people?
If it's strictly him looking at that organization, I don't know that I can blame him. The Browns are - as Sir Charles would say - "TURRIBLE" year after year. So he could stay in school for a senior season and take his chances that a better organization has the top pick next year, I'm guessing.

It's surprising for sure. He will play for the Giants though.

I understand why Cutcliffe doesn't want to leave for another job. He has all the job security he needs there.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Makes me feel like I'm living in bizzaro world...
We could be in a Seinfeld episode: Jerry realizes that if UNC football has 3 wins and Dook has 5 bowl teams over 6 years and 3 bowl wins over the past 4 seasons, then indeed we are in Bizarro World.

George loves it, because Dook winning over UNC allows short, bald, fat, lazy, cowardly, devious guys to get dates. Newman loves Dook and claims that Dook took its blue from the USPS, from whence it learned to be competent, honest, and hard-working, as well as polite. Elaine, being from Maryland, says anything is better than UNC winning, even winner Dook in Bizarro world. Jackie Chiles professes that his JD is from Dook. Tim Whatley reveals he was a Dook undergrad and roomed with Crazy Joe Davola, who first started him thinking about converting to Judaism for the jokes. The Bubble Boy says his dream is have his bubble placed permanently in K-ville.

Mickey persuades Kramer that they must stand with Jerry against the status quo of Bizarro World, but the gay Puerto Ricans assault them and take their armoire, painting it Dook blue. Sue Ellen Mischke, braless, wears a very tight Carolina Blue t-shirt, imploring Larry Fedora not to fall for Newman's plan to make Brandon Harris his QB.

We could be in a Seinfeld episode: Jerry realizes that if UNC football has 3 wins and Dook has 5 bowl teams over 6 years and 3 bowl wins over the past 4 seasons, then indeed we are in Bizarro World.

George loves it, because Dook winning over UNC allows short, bald, fat, lazy, cowardly, devious guys to get dates. Newman loves Dook and claims that Dook took its blue from the USPS, from whence it learned to be competent, honest, and hard-working, as well as polite. Elaine, being from Maryland, says anything is better than UNC winning, even winner Dook in Bizarro world. Jackie Chiles professes that his JD is from Dook. Tim Whatley reveals he was a Dook undergrad and roomed with Crazy Joe Davola, who first started him thinking about converting to Judaism for the jokes. The Bubble Boy says his dream is have his bubble placed permanently in K-ville.

Mickey persuades Kramer that they must stand with Jerry against the status quo of Bizarro World, but the gay Puerto Ricans assault them and take their armoire, painting it Dook blue. Sue Ellen Mischke, braless, wears a very tight Carolina Blue t-shirt, imploring Larry Fedora not to fall for Newman's plan to make Brandon Harris his QB.

J Peterman is a Tar Heel fan.

I'm wondering what will happen with the FSU QB situation next year with Francois coming back from injury and Blackmon playing most of this season.

Exciting finish to the Arizona / Purdue game last night. Arizona took the lead with about 1 minute and 30 left, but Purdue drove down the field for the winning TD.

Exciting finish to the Arizona / Purdue game last night. Arizona took the lead with about 1 minute and 30 left, but Purdue drove down the field for the winning TD.
Brohm is a coach to desire. His family is deeply tied to Louisville, the city and university. So I think his ultimate dream job may be his alma mater. But if not, I'd love to see what he could do with UNC.

Rich Rodriguez is unlikely to ever again have the magic he had for 3 years in Morgantown. That was a 1-time thing, based on his QB-run-1st offense. Pat White was the fastest QB in the nation, and Steve Slaton was the fastest RB in the nation. Playing together, they forced all Ds to scatter literally from sideline to sideline, every play. That meant WVU WRs and TEs had all kinds of room to operate, which made it easy for White to complete passes even with his bad form and slow reads. It also meant that Owen Schmidt, who was a beast of a blocker, could get past the LOS and then run wild right in the middle of the field for 30 or more yards.

RichRod aint gettin another trio to equal that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT