ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season

Brohm is a coach to desire. His family is deeply tied to Louisville, the city and university. So I think his ultimate dream job may be his alma mater. But if not, I'd love to see what he could do with UNC.

Rich Rodriguez is unlikely to ever again have the magic he had for 3 years in Morgantown. That was a 1-time thing, based on his QB-run-1st offense. Pat White was the fastest QB in the nation, and Steve Slaton was the fastest RB in the nation. Playing together, they forced all Ds to scatter literally from sideline to sideline, every play. That meant WVU WRs and TEs had all kinds of room to operate, which made it easy for White to complete passes even with his bad form and slow reads. It also meant that Owen Schmidt, who was a beast of a blocker, could get past the LOS and then run wild right in the middle of the field for 30 or more yards.

RichRod aint gettin another trio to equal that one.
I often wonder what Rich Rod would have done at Michigan if he was given a fair chance. Brady Hoke went 11-2 in year 1 with Rich Rod's players.

I think he'd have done what he has at Arizona.

It's tough to predict. He probably would have been able to attract better recruits at UM than he's currently getting at Arizona. On the other hand, the Big 10 conference is also a lot tougher now than it was when he was there. Teams like OSU, Penn State and now Nebraska have made smart coaching hires which has really elevated the conference. He may not have been able to compete with them.

Rich Rod's downfall at UM was mainly due to him not having any prior ties to the program.

Rich Rod should have stayed at WVU and they would have put a statue up of him when he retired.

On a side note, I loved seeing the Chokies do what they do best. F Fuente and his stupid kickoff team full of cheerleaders. It’ll be interesting to see just how long he can ride Foster’s coattails before he is exposed for the fraud that he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT