ADVERTISEMENT

Can We Quit Talking About Our Last 6 Games Last Year?

UNCbeliever

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2014
The Heels closed out a nice 11-3 last year, with a great 5-1 run in The Dance. The reason for my headline is it seems no one on the team, from the coaches to the players, seemed to have learned much from last year. I’m already tired of coach speak in which Hubert says he has depth but defaults to an “iron 5” mentality quickly in the season so as not to lose against lesser teams when in fact it is those 5 creating the problems! He’s not developing a bench, and was afraid to play them against Portland’s bench!! He has talent! Play kids? Play Styles! Play Nickels (bet he can shoot better from the perimeter than our guards!). Im not sure what he’s teaching these kids in practice. For now I’ll withhold comments about his poor in-game coaching. It’s not personal. I love Hubert, but good grief!

Tha offense has no fluidity as guards Jack up shots from 25’ early in possessions and don’t make defenses work because 4 guys are standing around. I’m shocked we don’t go through the post more, but then Bacot, until the Alabama game, hadn’t put in a full days work. Our rebounding is terrible as guys stand on the perimeter watching that one dribble until he shoots.

Defensively we are ONCE AGAIN, seemingly in every age, giving up 3’s at the will of the other team. It’s the basketball version of the 4th string QB having a career day against our defense! And, we give up layups so easily teams smaller than us are beating our butts to the rim where our bigs offer only modest help side D.

Ok, that’s enough for now, but let’s quit talking about last year as it makes me nauseous. Throw those games out and maybe that’s who we are based on the coaching we have because the talent is there - and so is the depth!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News