ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina at Florida State game thread—Monday 27 Feb 2023

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Yes I know this will be the third game in five days and the legs might be a little weary but that cannot be a excuse because in the most important game of the year the team has to be fully focused on the job ahead and not even once think about the.next contest on Saturday.

FSU is having a off year and they are only 7-11 in the ACC but they are coming off their biggest win of the season beating Miami in Miami after being down at one time by 25 points so they can score.

The best way to describe the Seminoles is is that they are lengthy. The three starting guards of: Caleb Mills, Darin Green Jr, and Jalen Worley stand at 6’5, 6’5, and 6’6 and combine to score 33 points a contest. I do not know who RJ Davis will be asked to defend but he will be at a big disadvantage and I expect as many teams have recently to single him out to post against.

Matthew Cleveland who hit the winning three against the Hurricanes at the buzzer leads the team in scoring at 14 points a contest and at 6’7 I fully expect Black at 6’8 to be assigned to slow him down.

Freshman Cam Corhem at 6’10 will have the inevitable task of trying to slow down Armando Bacot who in my opinion is coming off one of his worse offensive games of the season missing so many tip ins and bunnies on and around the rim and I expect number five to really go off tonight. Screw all of the tap ins. Get the rock and jam it over and over again.

I like to see Pete Nance also get busy in the paint and help both offensively and defensively like he did last time out against Virginia. 5 blocks were impressive and he and Bacot have to guard the basket like someone who is trying to break into their home. Nance did hit 4 threes for 12 points from the outside but he also got 10 points while in the paint.

Bacot cannot have another subpar game scoring because it is a do or die game.

Since RJ Davis is going to be at least 5 inches shorter than any of his defenders he MUST get to the line by using head and shoulder fakes to get fouls and use his quick first step.

To me next to Bacot bouncing back with a big offensive contest the Tar Heels really need Love to lead by example by taking as many shots as he needs to keep the team in the game.

This game barely holding on to a lifeline to get into March madness is one Love excelled in last season so everyone posting to get Trimble in who does not even look to shoot or Dunn who is like zero for February and wants Love on the bench needs to hope Caleb plays the full 40 minutes and plays like everything is on the line because it is…

The Va game was big and the players knew it. They played up to the moment at home. How we play against a bad FSU team tonight will be telling. If these boys want it they need to play with the same intensity they had at home.

Still amazing to me that a team with most of players returning from a natty appearance haven’t played better on the road.

If there was ever a big time trap game this is it. Got to somehow forget about how important the Duke game is on Saturday…All the focus and I mean all the focus must be on tonight’s game

Reactions: gkss
Styles really is the most disappointing player on the roster this season. Absolutely no improvement since last season, and he struggles to dribble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT