ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina @ Pitt gamethread

Our penalties have killed us all season. Nevertheless, other teams hold, hold, hold on many
plays and the calls are seldom made. It is so frustrating.
Holy shit, we're 125th ! in penalty yards per game . 120th in penalties per game

We were 71st and 69th respectively in 2019, Mack's first yr, and I really thought he and the coaches were cleaning stuff up since penalties were also so horrific under Fed. Oh well.

also i can't see that dood on the sideline with thinking of :
jobqbcgjsz8hvqt5ir9u_400x400.jpeg

this is why you go for the TD instead of game-tying FG after that crazy helmet catch by the RB. Sparky Woods with that big notebook should've been checking doppler radar and NOAA.

;)
My wife said the same thing last night. She had been out of the room and came back and saw the downpour and asked if UNC had somebody monitoring the weather so they would know how close the downpour was.

I think that if you knew it was soon to hit you, you almost certainly would choose to go for the TD, especially when on the road.

But I had not even wondered about the staff monitoring the weather until my wife brought it up.

Good points about the weather monitoring. They have phones that will give them that info very quickly

there’s video on the socials of pitt clapping while on the los before the snap as if to mimic sam and the snap count…no penalties called that i’ve seen as i watch the replay.

Last edited:
UNC 3rd Down Efficiency....a tad less than 33%
Pitt 3rd Down Efficiency......54%

Which resulted in 24 First Downs for Pitt vs 16 UNC

Yet it still came down to one play.

Seems like ACC refs just suck in general. Not just for us. I wonder where the ACC gets theirs from and how experienced they are. I would guess that referees are just like any other job, if a better opportunity comes along they leave. Obviously the NFL is a better gig, but does the ACC lose refs to other conferences? If so, is it a pay issue? There has to be something going on other than the ACC just happens to hire the wrong people.

Seems like ACC refs just suck in general. Not just for us. I wonder where the ACC gets theirs from and how experienced they are. I would guess that referees are just like any other job, if a better opportunity comes along they leave. Obviously the NFL is a better gig, but does the ACC lose refs to other conferences? If so, is it a pay issue? There has to be something going on other than the ACC just happens to hire the wrong people.
ACC refs are bad. I think they are worse overall than they were 10 years ago. Ron Cherry used to stand out for nutty calls and his crew that was a mess. Now that is everywhere, just without Cherry saying funny things.

UNC 3rd Down Efficiency....a tad less than 33%
Pitt 3rd Down Efficiency......54%

Which resulted in 24 First Downs for Pitt vs 16 UNC

Yet it still came down to one play.
That shows how close the team is to being no worse than 1 loss right now. And then when you realize that, you should begin to lose patience with this staff.

The ACC was truly wide open for the easy taking this year, and this staff has more than wasted that opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT