ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs. FSU gamethread

OLine sucks. But again what a complete dumb ass coaching job to not take the chip shot 3 points early in the 3rd quarter. Also 3 big drops at the end by corralles, Newsome and williams.

That first down gets us within striking distance of a FG if he just catches the damn ball

Another dropped pass.

But on offense, the loss was primarily about the OL getting dominated.

No excuses for the dropped passes especially by three very reliable guys. Just sucks to lose to these pricks and has beens.

Dazz really let us down with that drop over the middle. All the bullshit trashtalk and flashy earrings don't mean shit when it's time to make a play over the middle on 3rd and 10 with the game of the line.

Can we hire MJ to teach these guys how to be f*cking killers?

Just show up in the first half and No problems too big of a hole to dig out of with very little room for errors.

Nice comeback BUT fall short... Dropped passes.... our special teams are HORRIBLE 10 points from the blocked kick and the missed FG. Our OL was completely overmatched physically Oh and BTW longo had a horrific game I have No clue what exactly his game plan was. Terrible play calls throughout the game

team was not ready for prime time and mack needs to look in the mirror for this one

Carolina/Longo/special teams beat Carolina tonight. This is what I've come to expect from Carolina football. Played 3 weaker teams (Syracuse,BC and FSU) and played down to all 3. If Carolina goes to Tallahassee and plays average football they win by double figures instead they do what they always do fold up like a cheap suit. It's getting real old.

Feels like FSU wanted to lose, except their qb, that dude was a stud. All the others wanted to commit penalties and give us second chances.

Weird first half due to pick6 and blocked punt

Play calling ain't stellar but Sam needs to learn how to throw it away and not take sacks.

UNC's football history is filled with "If ___________ catches that ball."

And if ________ pass interference gets called. Remember the helmet getting ripped off in the end zone on the last play against LSU?

All I'm saying is we had the dudes to win that game. Longo is an idiotic play caller, and if we don't drop three passes in a row to end the game then we probably still find a way to win.

Tonight was a huge let down.

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Lots of what ifs. Which after 4 games makes you wonder. 3-1 is a solid start no doubt. But looking at the competition, maybe this team isn’t at a top level team (most said/thought this I’m sure). At some point ya gotta hope they put it together. Obviously I love the fight they showed tonight, but I would have been happy with that last year. This year, unfortunately it shouldn’t have come to that. Gotta forget and move forward and get wins!

Lots of what ifs. Which after 4 games makes you wonder. 3-1 is a solid start no doubt. But looking at the competition, maybe this team isn’t at a top level team (most said/thought this I’m sure). At some point ya gotta hope they put it together. Obviously I love the fight they showed tonight, but I would have been happy with that last year. This year, unfortunately it shouldn’t have come to that. Gotta forget and move forward and get wins!

Of course they’re not a “top level team”. I mean shit, guys — we’re just TWO years removed from a 2-win season. A lot of these guys were on those 2 and 3 win teams. We’ve been in 17 straight competitive games under Mack. Worst loss has been by 7 points. Fedora had 10 such games of losses by 2+ scores in 2017/2018. We’re doing all of this without Evans, Conley, Bingley Jones, Sinclair, Pinder etc. This is a brick by brick building of a solid foundation here, not gonna be built overnight. 4 very winnable games coming up and have a great shot at 7-1 before Notre Dame and Miami. Gonna be fun!

Go Heels!

Last edited:
To battle like they did in half two was commendable and they should have been able to pull off the comeback.
Questionable play selection, dropped passes, a missed PI call on the jersey grab/hold; there you have it.
Coaches need to discuss the helmet targeting on Sam with the league officiating director.
Two consecutive games have resulted in ejections for dirty, purposeful hits. There is no place in the game for that and it seems like an obvious strategy; everyone knows how good Howell is and sending him to the bench with his bell ringing gives opponents a huge advantage.
Prediction: Carolina runs the table and plays Clemson for the league title.

FSU also had poor play...two missed "gimme" FG"s that would have added six points, #55's stupid penalty that negated a TD...

Their D line did shred the O line at times, but their D Backs had difficulty covering....

UNC ran out of time but was the better team overall....but not in the first half. It was a tale of two halfs.

Bateman deserves the boot after this game. This is humiliating.
And this is why I don’t post during games when I’m real emotional and things aren’t going well.
Of course they’re not a “top level team”. I mean shot, guys — we’re just TWO years removed from a 2-win season. A lot of these guys were in those 2 and 3 win teams. We’ve been in 17 straight competitive games under Mack. Worse loss has been by 7 points. Fedora had 10 such games of losses by 2+ scores in 2017/2018. We’re doing all of this without Evans, Conley, Bingley Jones, Sinclair, Pinder etc. This is a brick by brick building of a solid foundation here, not gonna be built overnight. 4 very winnable games coming up and have a great shot at 7-1 before Notre Dame and Miami. Gonna be fun!

Go Heels!
This is spot on. We’re still very much a work in progress.

Reactions: strummingram
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT