ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Moo gamethread

Special teams had their biggest impact of the season tonight. Too bad it was all in State's favor.
Kicking field goals is a losing strategy. The special teams was another factor, I agree. The coaching staff fails in virtually all aspects.

This coaching staff has ALWAYS struggled to score TDs inside the 10 yd line. Brown is not the man for the job. He never was, in my opinion. They'll keep him for at least another 2 years, unless he retires or resigns. This staff is not creating a winning culture. They're not going to create a winning culture.

They had the best QB in school history and managed to be a .500 program after 3 years. It's time for a change.

Don’t say that we gonna need all the help we can get. WE NEED THEM. Maybe the talent will offset the inept coaching
We NEED a coaching staff that can coach. This staff would squander the season if they were coaching the '72 Dolphins.

The players are important, but having great players is only going to win games if the coaches can coach them.

Still can’t figure out what trey Morrison was doing jumping over the ball on that onside kick. That’s what it looked like to me. You just gave the wusspeckers the gift of a lifetime.

Still pissed about the failure to recover the onside kick
I'm still pissed that they didn't score touchdowns on two possessions inside the 10. The onside kick wouldn't have mattered if they call plays that give you 6 points instead of 3.

I'm pissed they didn't score a TD against Pitt at the end when they were on the 3 yd line at the end of the game.

I also question the players on the hands team. Why was downs not on the first line. We had a bunch of DBs and looked like LBs. DBs are DBs for a reason they don’t catch the ball well enough to be a receiver. Special teams coach what’s your excuse??

I'm still pissed that they didn't score touchdowns on two possessions inside the 10. The onside kick wouldn't have mattered if they call plays that give you 6 points instead of 3.

I'm pissed they didn't score a TD against Pitt at the end when they were on the 3 yd line at the end of the game.
I understand but I didn’t watch the whole game so I can’t comment on that and no I won’t be watching it later. It seems there were a lot of points left on the field.

Searels - Terrible. Has to go.

Longo - I'd like to see what he could do with a full deck (read, an actual OL). Had a reputation coming in as being bad in the red zone and short yardage situations and has lived up to it. Could go either way. I'd lean towards replacing him, but then you might be looking at an overhaul of the entire offensive staff.

Galloway - Keep. Good recruiter. Good coach. There was a drop off in talent after losing Dyami and Newsome but the calvary is on the way.

Porter - Keep. See above.

Lilly - Keep.

Bateman - Situation is similar to Longo. I think his scheme is solid, but you have to have the personnel. This year, we didn't, and it didn't seem like he made very many adjustments which is concerning. Good DC, like Venables, handles that differently by adjusting his scheme accordingly. Also not a great position coach from the looks of it.

Cross - Keep. Mediocre coach. Not a bad recruiter. Think the verdict is still out on him as a DL coach.

Thigpen - Keep. Pretty good recruiter and you've got to have them.

Bly - Keep. Problems in the secondary aren't as much the corners as they are the safties. Excellent recruiter.

DeWitt - Dude...Got to do better.

That's kind of how I see it - Searels, at a minimum, has to be replaced. OL killed us the entire year.

Anything too far beyond that and you just scrap it and replace the entire staff. Then the problem becomes who do you bring in this year.

Last edited:
UNC lost the game 10 different ways.

When they get inside the 10 yd line, or 5 yd line, there's a 10% chance they'll score a TD.
Was listening to it on the way home and told my wife when we had first and goal inside the five we would find a way to scree it up. Sure enough did too. Three straight incompletions never once try to run the ball.

Understand that too but field that dang ball and game is over. Simple play but no we screw that up too.

This one still lingers on me the next day. That's a first for the season.

The coaches are garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT