ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Notre Dame gamethread

Unfair to expect the d to keep getting stops o line and offense in general not up to the task this half

You have to know you will need two scores - burning a minute there is inexcusable no matter how remote the possibility is

thought we’d win this...they are more physical, which can happen, but mack is recruiting to this league, which isn’t physical...carolina should’ve been 8-0 going into this game, but that’s water under...just sucks overall.

still don’t understand why we don’t send more pressure...what a disappointment.

The Miami game becomes the biggest game of the season. We lose that and this season is no better than last season overall.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Offense was pathetic. If you told me we were going to hold them to 31 I would have bet the farm that we would win.

Quite simple. This game was won in the trenches. The key part of building a program is when you start to get the big boys on both lines. We are getting the skills guys we need and expect us to continue to recruit well and develop both lines. ND manhandled our offensive line all day.

The Miami game becomes the biggest game of the season. We lose that and this season is no better than last season overall.
Yep. And we might not even get to play in a bowl. The pinstripe bowl has been cancelled and I have a feeling that won't be the last lower tier bowl to cancel.

Yep. And we might not even get to play in a bowl. The pinstripe bowl has been cancelled and I have a feeling that won't be the last lower tier bowl to cancel.
I'm not even thinking about bowl games. Covid has ruined this season anyway.

I'm just looking at it from an overall-program perspective. Losing to FSU & UVA was totally inexcusable and doesn't bode well for the Brown 2.0 era. Losing to Miami and hopefully beating WCU means this season was a wash and a repeat of last year. I'm sure there are people who are convinced that next season will be amazing, but next season isn't promised. We had an offense of unprecedented potency this season and barely anything to show for it.

Reactions: UNCPJH81
I hear ya. We just need to more talent / depth in the trenches in order to impose our will on upper echelon teams. Otherwise, we are who we thought we were.
I'm going to try and be patient with Mack again. I definitely think he's a good coach. I have more faith in him than Fedora or some other up-n-coming crap-shoot.

If we can beat Miami and WCU and go 8-4, that's a good trend, especially in this covid season.

This outcome wasn't surprising. It became apparent in the second quarter they could gash our D at will mostly while ours was struggling to get first downs or relying on frankly somewhat lucky or unlikely plays.

I knew we were gonna need some lucky flukes and turnovers in the second half if we were gonna win it. Frankly the 1st half score was misleading. Their last drive in the 1st half was more telling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT