ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Notre Dame gamethread

When I say 6-7 years... I mean that the incremental improvement, year-to-year, will be so slow that it will take that long.

And, I don't care if it was the first season or second season, or how young the players are... UNC should have NEVER lost to FSU or UVA. UNC had better players and better coaches and better everything, and they played like shit. They played worse against FSU! There's no excuse for that, no matter what year it is.

Actually FSU has better players if you follow recruiting, which you obviously don’t. Their problem has been culture, not players. Bitch all you want about year two,‘they’re two years removed from a 2 win season. Sorry you bought into winning a National title in year two.

Whiners gonna whine.
Go **** yourself archer. I've always been a huge UNC fan and have supported and will continue to support every ****ing UNC sport. I've been to countless games, rain or shine and do my part by donating to the Ram's Club. You can try to insult me all you want, but you don't have a clue. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

And Mack is the one who came in here and said we would be winning ACC championships. I'm holding him to his word. If his goal was just to improve and become an eight win team, then I wouldn't care about the dumb losses. That's not the standard he asked for though.

And Mack is the one who came in here and said we would be winning ACC championships. I'm holding him to his word. If his goal was just to improve and become an eight win team, then I wouldn't care about the dumb losses. That's not the standard he asked for though.

Yep, promise you he wasn’t talking about year two. Curious, enlighten me guys, what were y’all’s expectations year 1 and 2? I gotta know. 5 combined wins in 2018 and 2019 and 13 thus far 2019 and 2020 with 3 games left. Let me know.

Actually FSU has better players if you follow recruiting, which you obviously don’t. Their problem has been culture, not players. Bitch all you want about year two,‘they’re two years removed from a 2 win season. Sorry you bought into winning a National title in year two.

Nobody expect us to win a national championship in year 2. And nobody is suggesting that. I think it's fair to be frustrated when the team has failed to live up to its potential on several occasions. You'll find very few people who get as hyped about Carolina football as the people in this thread. We're all excited about recruiting. But in order to compete with Clemson we need to string together enough successful seasons to recruit at their level for multiple years.

Carolina football has a long history of coming up short in big moments, even in the best of years. A lot of people have just taken on a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude. Even in 97, they came up one game short.

I'm fairly optimistic about next year. I think it will be a good year, but Clemson is returning almost everyone on their defense, and have another superstar QB lined up to replace Lawrence. Part of the reason I'm frustrated is that the best QB in the history of carolina football is likely going to go through his career here without winning an ACC title, much less a natty.

At this point, Sam is familiar enough with the system that the best time to replace Longo would be after next year when he presumably goes into the draft. Let the next QB start with a new OC and a better system

Reactions: tarheel0910
Yep, promise you he wasn’t talking about year two. Curious, enlighten me guys, what were y’all’s expectations year 1 and 2? I gotta know. 5 combined wins in 2018 and 2019 and 13 thus far 2019 and 2020 with 3 games left. Let me know.
I wasn't expecting to win it in year two. I was expecting improvement from year one. That means you don't lose to FSU. I bet he would tell you the same thing.

I wasn't expecting to win it in year two. I was expecting improvement from year one. That means you don't lose to FSU. I bet he would tell you the same thing.

They overachieved mightily last year, thus, got hit with some rather lofty expectations this year. 7 wins last year and they’ll get 8-9 this year with a top 10 caliber class coming in.

Nobody expect us to win a national championship in year 2. And nobody is suggesting that. I think it's fair to be frustrated when the team has failed to live up to its potential on several occasions. You'll find very few people who get as hyped about Carolina football as the people in this thread. We're all excited about recruiting. But in order to compete with Clemson we need to string together enough successful seasons to recruit at their level for multiple years.

Carolina football has a long history of coming up short in big moments, even in the best of years. A lot of people have just taken on a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude. Even in 97, they came up one game short.

I'm fairly optimistic about next year. I think it will be a good year, but Clemson is returning almost everyone on their defense, and have another superstar QB lined up to replace Lawrence. Part of the reason I'm frustrated is that the best QB in the history of carolina football is likely going to go through his career here without winning an ACC title, much less a natty.

At this point, Sam is familiar enough with the system that the best time to replace Longo would be after next year when he presumably goes into the draft. Let the next QB start with a new OC and a better system

Clemson will reload but will be interesting what the offense looks like without ETN. I get past haunting UNC but they haven’t recruited in this level before. Future is bright.

When I say 6-7 years... I mean that the incremental improvement, year-to-year, will be so slow that it will take that long.

And, I don't care if it was the first season or second season, or how young the players are... UNC should have NEVER lost to FSU or UVA. UNC had better players and better coaches and better everything, and they played like shit. They played worse against FSU! There's no excuse for that, no matter what year it is.
We absolutely shat the bed those games. I blame coronavirus weirdness.

Any other oddball team happenings that are surprising inconsistency-wise that could be unique to 2020?Psu or Pitt?

Any other oddball team happenings that are surprising inconsistency-wise that could be unique to 2020?Psu or Pitt?

Michigan, LSU, Tenn to name a few, that have a ton of talent.

What did Covid have to do with it?

Oh, the age of immediate gratification. Year two guys. And Fed left a pretty thin cupboard. Give Bateman time to get his recruits in place with a little seasoning, then you can fairly judge him. I think he’ll prove to be very good.

Lack of practices, recruiting visits, spring game etc. Incredibly tough for incoming freshman learning a new system and adjusting to college life.
Oh, the age of immediate gratification. Year two guys. And Fed left a pretty thin cupboard. Give Bateman time to get his recruits in place with a little seasoning, then you can fairly judge him. I think he’ll prove to be very good.
Okay... we'll meet back here in two years and see what has happened.

What did Covid have to do with it?
A few teams got quite a few spring practices, we got zero.
Some teams had more pauses during fall camp.
S&C time late spring thru summer was 'from home' so different for every kid depending on their access to local equipment and their ability to self-motivate with only zoom for coaching.
And of course the S&C time which wasn't avail to incoming frosh was a big deal (but all teams relying on frosh had this issue).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT