ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs UVA Gamethread

Sam a little off on some of his last few throws

Bottom line the defense just didn’t show up for most of the game.

We're always in EVERY game... every, single, one.

That's improvement. And, we're doing it with decent players.

It will get better and better.

Reactions: Archer2
One..on a delay of game... refs had to call that
That's what I thought.

Nevertheless, we were in it right to the end, as always. The losses hurt, but they won't lose when the players get better and more experienced and even get better players in general.

We will get 6 wins, at least

I put a lot of the blame tonight on Bateman. He saw the Perkins show and continued to play man which allowed Perkins to torch the D all night. Finally they made some plays in the 4th quarter but it was too far gone by then. Coming out of halftime he should have switched to zone or tried something different to slow Perkins down.

I had to stay away. Was getting too pissed.

Regardless... I'm ****ing sick of UVA. Their basketball team is annoying and we make a decent QB look like an NFL HOFer
Perkins is a senior and is dangerous when he's healthy and when he's on his game. It's not like he's some no-name, outta-nowhere back-up that exploited UNC.

the defense had no answer... and, when they did stop them, it was too late

That's what I thought.

Nevertheless, we were in it right to the end, as always. The losses hurt, but they won't lose when the players get better and more experienced and even get better players in general.

Six will be tough. Probably will be five, which is what I said before the season started. Program is going in the right direction though.

Perkins is a senior and is dangerous when he's healthy and when he's on his game. It's not like he's some no-name, outta-nowhere back-up that exploited UNC.

the defense had no answer
This is why I stayed away ... getting too pissed at that crappy defensive effort. Perkins has been inconsistent all year but we make him look like a heisman winner.

I put a lot of the blame tonight on Bateman. He saw the Perkins show and continued to play man which allowed Perkins to torch the D all night. Finally they made some plays in the 4th quarter but it was too far gone by then. Coming out of halftime he should have switched to zone or tried something different to slow Perkins down.
you know I was gonna get mad at Bateman as well then I remembered we are playing some extremely young corners at some point you just run out of scheming around d it. I think we played man out of necessity nor because he wanted to all game

And there’s the consistency thing I’m talking about with dyami. Love the 202 yards and the 3 touchdowns. But with the game on the line he can’t make a tough catch
Consistency is what separates the merely good from the great.

Reactions: babe7671
The corners were a nightmare. And Bateman didn't make the kind of quality adjustments we've seen him make all year.

One thing about these close games is that it tells us how close this program is to breaking through. Will we be 7 points per game better next year? I think so. That would be enough for 9-0 with a win against the #1 team right now.

The experience will pay off in the next few years when the team has close game situations when there's more to play for.

The corners were a nightmare. And Bateman didn't make the kind of quality adjustments we've seen him make all year.

One thing about these close games is that it tells us how close this program is to breaking through. Will we be 7 points per game better next year? I think so. That would be enough for 9-0 with a win against the #1 team right now.

The experience will pay off in the next few years when the team has close game situations when there's more to play for.
A great team is in the mail

Reactions: TarHeelMark

the defense had no answer
This is why I stayed away ... getting too pissed at that crappy defensive effort. Perkins has been inconsistent all year but we make him look like a heisman winner.

This. Perkins is a fine player, nice thing, nice thing, blah blah. But the dude came into night with 9 passing touchdowns and 8 interceptions. We made him look like prime Vince young. I swear only UNC can do that so flawlessly.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
UVA's defense hasn't given up as many yards as they did tonight since 2017 against Boise State

I'm excited about Sam Howell more than anything. He's probably going to challenge Jameis Winston's ACC record. It could be close. I think he's going to pass Trevor Lawrence and at least be 2nd.

Reactions: babe7671
Perkins looked like a all American QB tonight considering he hasn't played well last few games .. oh well hope our D plays well next game

I'm excited about Sam Howell more than anything. He's probably going to challenge Jameis Winston's ACC record. It could be close. I think he's going to pass Trevor Lawrence and at least be 2nd.

Howell is a freshman, Javonte and Dyami are both sophomore. That’s the three best playmakers on offense and they are all underclassmen. It’s hard to not be excited about the offensive potential for the next few years.

That's what I thought.

No reason not to win out and finish 7-5

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT