ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Wake gamethread

Sam with 550 and six.

200.gif

2017 & 2018 - 5 combined wins

2019 & 2020- 13 wins with 4 games left

Mack has coached 21 games now in his second stint -- he's had UNC competitive in EVERY one of them as their worst loss has been by a whopping 7 points. Compare that to 10 games where UNC lost by 2+ scores in 2017 & 2018 under Fedora.

• Love
Reactions: Archer2
I'll take it. Considering the hole we had to dig ourselves out of, the defense stepped up late. And our offense thrived once again under Sam's reign. All I know is we won, we have a lot to work on, and we're 6-2 heading into ND. I'd feel better if we'd won at least one of the two games we lost, but that's water under the bridge.

One thing that Jones Angell kept talking about was all the young guys that Mack played late, and they performed with five consecutive stops. I think he got so frustrated with the "D" that he said "play the damned freshmen"! That should be a wakeup call for a few upperclassmen.

Regardless if is football or basketball I will never lose in the Tar Heels because I have seen so many comebacks by the young men in light blue.

Had to add this. Sam is only the second player in ACC history to throw for 6 TD's and run for another. The other? Lamar Jackson. Sam set UNC records in total passing yards and TD's.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
That Howell td run on 3rd and ten, was that really a designed qb run, or was the run just a second option?

That Howell td run on 3rd and ten, was that really a designed qb run, or was the run just a second option?

Looked like the line was in pass protection to me. But I'd have to go back and look again to be sure

BC took the lead then went for an onside kick and recovered. If they can punch one in the end zone then they can make it tough for ND to fight back. Their QB is legit

scratch that, penalty on the recovery

nope, that was me...i always leave the board when they look like shit.

it was easier today for some reason.
I feel bad because I missed, what was obviously a pretty amazing defensive display. But, I was getting too worked-up.

I'm glad UNC has such a high-powered offense. But, I really like teams that are super-strong defensively.

Watching the BC / Notre Dame game... it's going to take some SERIOUS effort to be the Irish.

• Haha
Reactions: gteeitup
Another TD pass for Howell and the game is tied at 45. Has anyone else noticed since Strummingram has stopped with his negative posting that Carolina has rallied from way back.

I think it was the guy who said he was going out to do yard work. I did as well, that has worked for me a few times this year. Didn’t see one play after it was 45-24.

But yeah, strums pessimism is tedious.

Another TD pass for Howell and the game is tied at 45. Has anyone else noticed since Strummingram has stopped with his negative posting that Carolina has rallied from way back.
I think I may need to take more credit after seeing this! If I have tapped into a secret magic, I wanna exploit it! :p

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Ok sorry if I am wrong didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers lol. Evidently he didn’t make much of an impression on me.

He was one of our best players. Had the two picks against SC last year and was the highest graded defense player against Cuse. Big loss for us.

is there a replay of the game on the acc network?...i didn’t record and i want to watch the 2nd half again knowing the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT