ADVERTISEMENT

Chapel Hill Regional

What a game! Did anyone hear what rule made LSU the home team?

My Louisiana-born wife (who bleeds purple and gold) and I reached an agreement 34 years ago. In an LSU/UNC match-up in football - it's Geaux Tigers! In basketball, it's Go Heels!!.

That agreement has served us well...but baseball had us flummoxed. To add to the problem, her little sister and several other family members were visiting. Some went to Bosh Saturday to catch the games. At the end of last night's game this was me sitting on the couch:

Happy Season 8 GIF by One Chicago

...and on the inside:

Partying Music Video GIF by Taylor Swift

What a game! Heels had me on the edge of my seat that last hour or so!

Got that last out, watched the celebration, and then I was like, now I'm supposed to just ... go to bed??

Let's go to Omaha! Go Heels!

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I had a major family medical emergency yesterday afternoon and did not see a single play. I know what I missed.

Now time for business to get to Omaha.

My Louisiana-born wife (who bleeds purple and gold) and I reached an agreement 34 years ago. In an LSU/UNC match-up in football - it's Geaux Tigers! In basketball, it's Go Heels!!.

That agreement has served us well...but baseball had us flummoxed. To add to the problem, her little sister and several other family members were visiting. Some went to Bosh Saturday to catch the games. At the end of last night's game this was me sitting on the couch:

Happy Season 8 GIF by One Chicago

...and on the inside:

Partying Music Video GIF by Taylor Swift
That right there is why you should be most wary fans/alums of certain schools. My wife is an Ole Miss grad, and she oulw never think of hinting that I should tine down support for UNC should theHeel play the Rebs.

I had a major family medical emergency yesterday afternoon and did not see a single play. I know what I missed.

Now time for business to get to Omaha.
I hope everything is ok and will say some prayers for the situation!!

That right there is why you should be most wary fans/alums of certain schools. My wife is an Ole Miss grad, and she oulw never think of hinting that I should tine down support for UNC should theHeel play the Rebs.
Small world, my middle daughter just finished her sophomore year in Oxford!!!

Couldn't disagree more, I loved it, he was an inch from being a hero in the 9th instead of the 10th. When I was coaching I did it all the time, you have a job to do and you have 3 pitches to do it.
You see the result too. Use the third strike more effectively. You had two chances to bunt and couldn’t and really didn’t look good at it so abort and swing away.

Reactions: tarheel0910
You see the result too. Use the third strike more effectively. You had two chances to bunt and couldn’t and really didn’t look good at it so abort and swing away.

I’ll agree to disagree

But I’ll add that it may vary given the situation. In that case I think bunting with 2 strikes was the right call. If that ball hits 3rd base & everybody is safe then you’ld think Forbes was a genius.

Last edited:
I’ll agree to disagree

But I’ll add that it may vary given the situation. In that case I think bunting with 2 strikes was the right call. If that ball hits 3rd base & everybody is safe then you’ld think Forbes was a genius.
I would think he had dumb luck. He could have just as easily won by getting a base hit with two strikes, which is much more low risk than bunting with two strikes.

It truly is a very nice campus. Nice town overall. A good place to be an undergrad. I'd pick it over any other SEC school for those things.

Yes, now it all has been brought under control again. But you know how cancer is: crisis today that we 'heal' only for it to be back within a few years in a new form. All health issues are like that. Because we are mortal we can never truly cure; we just can delay and make quality of life better than it would be otherwise. So we better be certain to do what we should for those in our lives. We not be able to do anything tomorrow or next week.

If UNC is playing LSU in football, I'm mostly hoping we don't have somebody get killed. ;)

I’ll agree to disagree

If if if yes if it had hit the base both player and coach would look like geniuses but you can use your last strike so much better. Even if you foul off a few pitches at least you give yourself a chance to do better.

The rule of being out while bunting with two stroke sucks to begin with jmo

At least we won so let’s move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT