ADVERTISEMENT

Cigars

Deezheelz

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
Just wondering what some of you guys with the cigar bug might be smoking on. Myself, I'm two inches in ash of a Gran Habano Vintage 2002. My favorite after work delight!

I'm not much of a cigar guy anymore. I was into them about 10-15 years ago. And my brand was Zino. They're fairly economical and a quick smoke. I can't do a 45 minute cigar.

Used to enjoy them, gave up all smoking habits several years back . . though once or twice a year I'll drag out my tobacco pipes and pack one up.

Originally posted by BillyL:
Used to enjoy them, gave up all smoking habits several years back . . though once or twice a year I'll drag out my tobacco pipes and pack one up.
Thanks for the clarification.

I've never smoked tobacco in any form. I was fortunate early in life that it was seen as uncool among the cool kids. As for later in life I have so many vices as it is i'm terrified that i'll like it and add another.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I've been smoking cigars regularly since 1995 or so. I'm down to around 6-8 cigars a week but was much higher just a few years ago. Golf on weekends accounts for about 4 of them.

For several years, I was ordering Cuban cigars from Switzerland (mostly Bolivar Royal Corona) but after having a box confiscated by customs a couple of years ago, decided against the hassle.

Now buy about a box a month online from a little shop in Austin TX called Bobalu Cigar Co. They buy premium aged tobacco from Dominican Republic, etc. and have expert immigrant rollers in the shop there. Order on Tuesday and have the box in hand on Thursday. and they're fresh! The 1991 Vintage Robusto is probably my favorite.

A friend just gave me a box of Cuban Montecristo #4 but don't want to waste those on the golf course. A little Balvenie Doublewood and I'm all set!!

While I do like the smell of some cigars and pipe tobacco, I never enjoyed smoking anything. I'm sure it all goes back to when I was about 12, and my dad caught me and a buddy trying to smoke cigarettes (because we thought it was cool...), and he made me smoke one in front of him. Of course, I hacked and coughed and nearly puked, so that did it for me - I never had the desire to smoke after that.

yeah, I get it...

The tobacco was harvested in 1991 and aged...but the cigars are rolled and boxed the week you order them.

does it matter? probably not to many...but beats buying a cigar from tobacco shop and unwrapping cellophane only to fire up a dried-out stale cigar that had been sitting on the shelf for a year or more.

Originally posted by jcolucci:
I've been smoking cigars regularly since 1995 or so. I'm down to around 6-8 cigars a week but was much higher just a few years ago. Golf on weekends accounts for about 4 of them.

For several years, I was ordering Cuban cigars from Switzerland (mostly Bolivar Royal Corona) but after having a box confiscated by customs a couple of years ago, decided against the hassle.

Now buy about a box a month online from a little shop in Austin TX called Bobalu Cigar Co. They buy premium aged tobacco from Dominican Republic, etc. and have expert immigrant rollers in the shop there. Order on Tuesday and have the box in hand on Thursday. and they're fresh! The 1991 Vintage Robusto is probably my favorite.

A friend just gave me a box of Cuban Montecristo #4 but don't want to waste those on the golf course. A little Balvenie Doublewood and I'm all set!!
Just finished researching Bobalu Cigars and the menu looked extremely tasty! I gonna have to order a box and try em.

I think you'll be pleased.

also if you want to try your luck...

cubanlous.com
topcubans.com

Originally posted by jcolucci:
I think you'll be pleased.

also if you want to try your luck...

cubanlous.com
topcubans.com
Muchas Gracias mi amigo! I will definately check those sites out tonight. Thanks again!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT