ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

That's a somewhat accurate assessment. Biden listens to and follows the advice given to him by his advisors while Trump's advisors wish he would listen to them and follow their advice. Of course that doesn't stop them from being Trump's biggest cheerleaders, even when they know he's spouting irrelevant nonsense which is most of the time.
where we probably veer away from common ground is that I think that Trump following his instincts instead of acting (as a figurehead might) on behalf of his advisors has often (not always) been a good thing, whereas whoever is pulling Biden's strings need to be put away in a funny farm where they can't hurt us anymore..

Reactions: Archer2
pulp fiction GIF
lol, nice.

US energy production exceeded consumption by the widest margin ever recorded in 2023. Im not stupid enough to credit biden as there’s many factors and trends at work to get us here that he has nothing to do with but it’s still a good thing.

if one bothers to peel back a layer or two of onion, enlightenment can happen. When Trump was president, we were producing energy prodigiously. Biden came in and tried to put the clamps on our energy consumption and production, and most will probably have forgotten some of the idiocy that ensued.

In the meantime, things changed....

the factors responsible

what the oil industry thinks

("Industry says production boom happened despite Biden policies")

Scoop: 16 Nobel economists see a Trump inflation bomb

The Nobel laureates are lending their academic prestige to a political argument the Biden administration has been making for weeks: Inflation would be worse under Trump.

"While each of us has different views on the particulars of various economic policies, we all agree that Joe Biden's economic agenda is vastly superior to Donald Trump," the 16 economists write in a letter, first obtained by Axios.

"We believe that a second Trump term would have a negative impact on the U.S.'s economic standing in the world, and a destabilizing effect on the U.S.'s domestic economy," the economists write in the letter.

Trump win would fuel inflation: Moody’s Analytics

Trump policies
— including higher tariffs, tax cuts that stimulate the economy and an exodus of foreign immigrants that could tighten the labor market and increase labor costs — would fuel the uptick in inflation.

“The Federal Reserve, which is focused on labor costs and inflation, may feel compelled to resume its rate hikes, or at the very least wait longer to cut rates. Recession becomes a serious threat once again,” the economists wrote.

If Biden wins the White House but there’s a divided Congress, which Moody’s set at a 40 percent probability, the economists projected inflation to continue to fall and return to the Fed’s 2 percent target by summer 2025.

Trump ran up national debt twice as much as Biden: new analysis

Former President Trump
ran up the national debt by about twice as much as President Biden, according to a new analysis of their fiscal track records.

Both candidates bear a share of the responsibility, as each added trillions to that tally while in office.

But Trump's contribution was significantly higher, according to the fiscal watchdogs at the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, thanks to both tax cuts and spending deals struck in his four years in the White House.

Trump added $8.4 trillion in borrowing over a ten-year window, CRFB finds in a report out this morning. Biden's figure clocks in at $4.3 trillion with seven months remaining in his term.

bias maybe?

One of these guys is Janet Yellen's husband, so maybe understand that economists have political leanings that affect their POV and conclusions.

"NEW YORK, NY – In the world of economics, where objectivity and impartiality are highly valued, the influence of economists' political beliefs on their academic writing has been a subject of long-standing debate. These economic reports are sometimes dismissed by political pundits who suspect that economists might act as political mouthpieces for their opposition. Such concerns prompt us to question: do economists' personal biases truly impact the integrity of their research and the policy recommendations they put forth? A new Columbia Business School study sheds light on the relationship between academic writing in economics and the political orientation of economists. Using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, the study provides compelling evidence that the language used in published academic articles can accurately predict the political ideology of economists but also uncover compelling patterns of partisanship within the field of economics. "

his instincts are to share state secrets with Kid Rock and seek his advice

Jesus Christ, c'mon man. That's so desperate it's hilarious. Shared state secrets? Asked advice? They were casually jawing during a round of golf, as the article explains, and this is Kid Rock's recounting, in which he reveals exactly nothing worth repeating..

Do you really want to open the can of worms of Biden vs. Trump in exposing state secrets to outsiders (and then lying about it)? Maybe you haven't seen the video I posted recently. Look for it, I'm not here to force an education on you.

Jesus Christ, c'mon man. That's so desperate it's hilarious. Shared state secrets? Asked advice? They were casually jawing during a round of golf, as the article explains, and this is Kid Rock's recounting, in which he reveals exactly nothing worth repeating..

Do you really want to open the can of worms of Biden vs. Trump in exposing state secrets to outsiders (and then lying about it)? Maybe you haven't seen the video I posted recently. Look for it, I'm not here to force an education on you.
round of golf? You think Trump carries around maps in the cart? See 40th second:

Reactions: Heels Noir
Scoop: 16 Nobel economists see a Trump inflation bomb

The Nobel laureates are lending their academic prestige to a political argument the Biden administration has been making for weeks: Inflation would be worse under Trump.

"While each of us has different views on the particulars of various economic policies, we all agree that Joe Biden's economic agenda is vastly superior to Donald Trump," the 16 economists write in a letter, first obtained by Axios.

"We believe that a second Trump term would have a negative impact on the U.S.'s economic standing in the world, and a destabilizing effect on the U.S.'s domestic economy," the economists write in the letter.

They offered up some talking points for the debate and boy o boy did you bite. They were only fishing for bass but landed a whale.

Does the phrase "51 Experts" ring a bell for you? Will you ever learn?

So you're saying you're anti-Trump but not pro-Biden?

Are you anti-BLM and/or Anti-antifa?
I don’t support any of the people or orgs you listed.
Not that I care, but kudos on an extremely well crafted "answer" that failed to any of the actual questions. Considering a run for local or state wide office perhaps?

Reactions: chickenhunter
Cuz 5th circuit is looney, offering extremism which are a low bar for judgement. I think we've discussed this already.
It doesn't matter if the 5th circuit is as looney as a particular poster here is dense. It's the S.Ct. rulings that matter. If they were this super maga 6-3 majority that you have repeatedly asserted, they would be agreeing with rulings of the lower courts that support that agenda. They haven't, which blows your premise regardless of where any given appeal originates.

"Trump added $8.4 trillion in borrowing over a ten-year window, CRFB finds in a report out this morning. Biden's figure clocks in at $4.3 trillion with seven months remaining in his term."

I'm not gonna bother wasting the time to read an Axios linked article since the bias will surely be present, but what was posted just seemed fundamentally flawed on its face. The 8.4 trillion for Trump is over a 10 year window (over two and a half years of which are still to come). That's then compared to Biden's 4.3 trillion over only 3 years, 5 months. If you convert Joe's out to ten years (4.3 trillion / 41 months x 120 months) it calculates to 12.6 trillion. I don't know, but I thought 12.6 was bigger than 8.4.

Perhaps it's not that simple and we are to believe that Biden's addition to the debt stops today and no more will be added over the next six years, seven months as a result of his actions. Or, perhaps the quote that was provided is misleading and wasn't meant to truly compare the two four year presidential terms (not the least of which was the impact of that little problem in the second half of trump's term).

I'm not gonna bother wasting the time to read an Axios linked article since the bias will surely be present, but what was posted just seemed fundamentally flawed on its face.

Next time read the article, you dimwit. The report is from the very nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. Axios is just the messenger.

BOTH budgets were based on ten-year borrowing costs.

Reactions: blazers
Not that I care, but kudos on an extremely well crafted "answer" that failed to any of the actual questions. Considering a run for local or state wide office perhaps?
So what are you saying? I’m trying to be clever? I have no idea what being “anti” means in The context of the discussion which was defining a cult. If you want to enlighten us feel free to. In the meantime I’m saying I don’t support any of them. Do I campaign against them all? Do I protest against them? Do I shake my fist and scream at them? No. So why is saying I don’t support them not enough for you?

super maga 6-3 majority that you have repeatedly asserted,
I think you have asserted those words, not me. My prob is mostly with Thomas and Alito (and a teeny bit lesser extent Gorsuch) as being overly biased and politically swayed (and now $ swayed ). Those bums are the problem making the court more ideologically divided now compared to prior yrs.

5th is extreme though.

So what are you saying? I’m trying to be clever? I have no idea what being “anti” means in The context of the discussion which was defining a cult. If you want to enlighten us feel free to. In the meantime I’m saying I don’t support any of them. Do I campaign against them all? Do I protest against them? Do I shake my fist and scream at them? No. So why is saying I don’t support them not enough for you?
well with Trump, simply not supporting 'whatever' wasn't good enough. He was tasked with campaigning against it, protesting against it, and shaking his fists and screaming at it, or else not doing so meant he DID support it.

So to be fair, if you are going to judge Trump, you should be judged by the same standards. So it is hereby determined that you DO support whatever the hell it is you're talking about.

This is painful to watch. Trump is sending the fact-checkers into double overtime and Biden is like a deer caught in the headlights.
Trump is just doing what he's always done...exaggerated a tad. Or a lot, depending. He held back on the personal insult part of his game, but not as much as I would have had him do.

As for Biden, he shoulda listened to me and taken the adderall. And he just flat out lies. I don't know if it's nerves or whatever drug he's on, but Biden needs to drink some water of chew some gum or something to get rid of the dry mouth.

I had to stop watching as it drifted into sameness. I'll stand by to see who won, information I can only get here. Where is @heelmanwilm?

Trump is just doing what he's always done...exaggerated a tad. Or a lot, depending. He held back on the personal insult part of his game, but not as much as I would have had him do.

As for Biden, he shoulda listened to me and taken the adderall. And he just flat out lies. I don't know if it's nerves or whatever drug he's on, but Biden needs to drink some water of chew some gum or something to get rid of the dry mouth.

I had to stop watching as it drifted into sameness. I'll stand by to see who won, information I can only get here. Where is @heelmanwilm?
Trump ignored specefic questions to rant and broke the fact checker machine. Biden was terrible, getting tongue tied and hesitant. I guarantee you there’s a movement afoot in the dem party to have biden step aside.

I dont recall you condemning the riots of 2020/2021 at all.

Trump ignored specefic questions to rant and broke the fact checker machine. Biden was terrible, getting tongue tied and hesitant. I guarantee you there’s a movement afoot in the dem party to have biden step aside.
Trump made a huge mistake in not going head-on against J6, only addressing it in hindsight sort of. He allowed it to be posited that he helped instigate the riots.

I had to listen to the beginning on my vehicle radio and I hate I didn't get to see it on TV when Biden apparently just lost his train of thought mid-sentence and in the middle of an answer. I thought they might just end the debate and declare Trump the next president right then and there.

I don't know who 'won' the debate, but Trump passed up too many opportunities to stick a fork in Joe. Because he's done, even if he gets re-elected. Hello, president Chucklehead Harris? Please God no.

Trying to figure out why anyone would watch a debate in June, especially between these two. I can give you an exact recap and I didn't watch it

Trump- was full of shit the whole night and acted like a child

Biden- Was barely coherent and had to be woken up three times since it was six hours past his bedtime

People watching- absolutely nothing learned other than you were stupid enough to waste time watching a train wreck.

Trying to figure out why anyone would watch a debate in June, especially between these two. I can give you an exact recap and I didn't watch it

Biden- Was barely coherent and had to be woken up three times since it was six hours past his bedtime

People watching- absolutely nothing learned other than you were stupid enough to waste time watching a train wreck.
Well I watched because I’m desperate for one of these two to separate themselves from their well earned narratives of old man vs con man. Somehow though it managed to get worse. So yea in retrospect I suppose it was stupid.

Well I watched because I’m desperate for one of these two to separate themselves from their well earned narratives of old man vs con man. Somehow though it managed to get worse. So yea in retrospect I suppose it was stupid.
I think at this point our only hope is for Biden to drop out. That would guarantee a Trump loss, because I can't think of a single person on the planet that he could beat. America should punch itself in the nuts for nominating these two.

• Love
Reactions: heelmanwilm

I was watching "The Tourist" season 2. It feels quite different from season 1, a little more humor, but i'm kinda enjoying it.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT