ADVERTISEMENT

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

DrJaaay

Freshman
Oct 20, 2010
Durham
Hey Y'all ... regarding, for example, the Tez Walker case. Perhaps this is too obvious (and/or I'm naive) but I haven't heard anyone talking about this possibility. With all of the legal gambling going on now ... what is the possibility that boosters from a rival school (perhaps a rich rival ... like dook) paid enough people from the NCAA committee to deny eligibility to Tez? Maybe this booster bet a bazilion dollars that UNC wouldn't win the conference (or something to that effect) so they don't want Tez playing. Since the committee doesn't have to justify their decision can't they just say "no" to Tez, and take their money, and noone ever knows anything?

I think it's a combination of ncaa still being pissed that UNC fought them publicly over the afam issue (where they had no jurisdiction) and trying to show they still have some control in football. Their defense is that the coaches wanted the transfer rules tightened as to non-graduate transfers so they were abiding by what the coaches wanted. NCAA does not care about the facts anymore they just wanted the optics of not letting a P5 school get their way.

I think that is a reach at best, and I am a self professed conspiracy theorist. I can't get on board with this one however.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Will the young man be able to play for UNC next year? Or would he try and head to the NFL?

Will the young man be able to play for UNC next year? Or would he try and head to the NFL?
You would think he could make some NIL money right now (whether he plays or not)... and if he's good enough to get drafted then just go pro. I thought he wanted to play with Drake ... and noone expects Drake to be around next year.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT