ADVERTISEMENT

crazies to wear DEAN shirts tonight

Grayhead

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2006
To me rivalry aside...RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't post a link from m my phone.

Some of them will indeed wear them, and that's cool. But I would never, in a million years, get caught wearing any clothing with The Rat's name or image. GO HEELS

It seems a little disrespectful for dookies to be wearing anything related to
Coach Smith since their coach is 180 degrees from Coach Smith. I am sure
they will still be douchebags and that has become part of the rivalry.

IF they do this, my respect for them as our biggest rival (sorry moou) will go up tremendously.

That would be nothing but classy.

2642ez6.jpg

Personally, I think this is a classy thing to do and the dookies should be commended for it.

Sports rivalries are one thing, but it isn't like K, Dean, Roy or anyone else who played/plays for either team has been buring people alive or chopping their heads off. The reality is that Dean revolutionized the game, but had an even greater impact on the lives of people outside of the game. That includes his players.

I am sorry if this makes me sound like less of a fan, but basketball is a game. My disdain for all things dook knows very few limitations, but when all is said and done I would like to thing that I would be honest enough with myself to recognize that those who align themselves with dook are still human and deserve the respect we would all like to be afforded.

I saw it first hand when one of the most rabid dook fans I have ever known did something out of respect for a man she loved. He was the father of one of my church members who I have known all my life. Well into his late 80's, he would sit every day outside his house waving at the traffic that went by his house on a very busy stretch of road. When it got cold he wrapped himself in a UNC blanket and made sure everyone who drove by got at least one nice gesture that day. His whole family are die-hard Tar Heels, whose disdain for dook rivals my own.

Well, when he passed away there were Carolina blue ribbons everywhere for him, Carolina blue flowers on his coffin and UNC stuff everywhere. This dook fan who I go to church with wore a UNC sweater to his funeral and kept a Carolina blue ribbon on for a month as a tribute to this man.

I have told her that when she dies I will wear a dook shirt in her honor and will sport a dook blue ribbon for her as well. Least I can do for someone who has love in her heart for others, despite pulling for a team I can't stand.

Kudos to the dook students for the respect and honor they are showing coach Smith tonight.

And I still hope we pound them into the court!

I can't stand anything about dook, but props to them here. I can't think of a more fitting tribute to Coach Smith than classy acknowledgment from opposing teams. It is exactly what he would want UNC fans to do in the opposite situation.

If they wear Dean shirts I think that would be great. Very class act. Dean made the rivalry more fun and they probably know it.

I heard it was either the guy who is their mascot that came up with the idea. Contacted whoever prints the specialty UNC shirts to coordinate it. Kudos to them imo

I can't believe some of y'all still hate Duke more than you hate State.

Moo fans have spent the past 4+ years trying to (literally) get our athletics program and University shut down and erased from the map. Duke fans......well.....do they exist? Lol.

Sure, I hate Gerald Henderson as much as the next guy, and I can't stand Duke's BASKETBALL program, nor can I stand Cutcliffe or their football program..........but the university itself is a world-class institution just like UNC that produces leaders in a variety of fields and professions.

To me, it's just different. Carolina - Duke rivalry is built upon respect (albeit begrudgingly) and sheer athletic dominance by both programs. Carolina - Moo is built upon sheer hatred.....just utter, complete, total hatred from one set of fans/alums (Moo) toward the other side.

Anyway, classy gesture by the Dookies, and I hope that Carolina fans do something similar when Coach K eventually passes years from now. JMO

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

Moo fans have spent the past 4+ years trying to (literally) get our athletics program and University shut down and erased from the map. Duke fans......well.....do they exist? Lol.

Sure, I hate Gerald Henderson as much as the next guy, and I can't stand Duke's BASKETBALL program, nor can I stand Cutcliffe or their football program..........but the university itself is a world-class institution just like UNC that produces leaders in a variety of fields and professions.

To me, it's just different. Carolina - Duke rivalry is built upon respect (albeit begrudgingly) and sheer athletic dominance by both programs. Carolina - Moo is built upon sheer hatred.....just utter, complete, total hatred from one set of fans/alums (Moo) toward the other side.

Anyway, classy gesture by the Dookies, and I hope that Carolina fans do something similar when Coach K eventually passes years from now. JMO
THIS!!! Well Said THN11

Gotta give credit where credit is due people!

yup, agree...me personally, i'm not a conference guy at all...i've never cheered for the league vs another league just because it's the acc...some of these folks probably cheer for the acc no matter what...well, i hate duke also, but they've helped bolster the league as much as carolina for the last 30 years...if they wanna wear a shirt for dean out of respect, props to them.

wtf has raleigh ever done to make the acc look better?

Good post THN11!

I wasn't going to mention the toothless sheep fondlers, but since you did I have to ask it: Can ANYONE see those idiots in Rawlee EVER doing something like this? I sure as heck can't.

If anything I could easily seeing them sink to new depths by hanging Dean in effigy or coming up with some tasteless jokes or chants. To wear shirts with ANYTHING close to supporting anything UNC would be like asking them to cut off their manhood with a rusty butter knife and to smile chanting "I LOVE UNC!!" while doing it.

Sorry, but UNC/dook is a respectful rivalry that has moments of stupid acts blended in once in a while. Moo fans don't have enough working brain cells in their skulls to do something decent for anyone, much less UNC. The depths of their depvravity knows no limits.

100% accurate

psst- THN- you may not be aware but some fans of UNC only follow the basketball team.

DO NOT confuse these classy kids with the "fans" on DI.

Just sayin...............................

After living in Raleigh for the past 3 years, I agree with you here. I want to beat no one more than Dook. I want to see no one fail more than State.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

psst- THN- you may not be aware but some fans of UNC only follow the basketball team.
Touche.

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:

DO NOT confuse these classy kids with the "fans" on DI.

Just sayin...............................
You're right. I sorta left it implied in my post but I'll spell it out here.....you can't really judge a fanbase off its non-alum fans when evaluating how crazy, mean-spirited, etc that fanbase is. Duke grads are usually good people, just like UNC grads are usually good people. As for how bandwagon Duke fans act towards UNC? I mean....I never visit DI, but tell me if I'm close........Jersey-born and bred, other favorite teams include the N.J. Devils, NY Giants, and possibly the Yankees or Mets, have never been to North Carolina unless they moved to the Triangle in adulthood for business. Am I close?

But with Moo.....alumnus or non-alum fan, it doesn't matter. The anti-Carolina sickness permeates their ranks. I've seen otherwise intelligent people make the dumbest decisions and say/do the dumbest, meanest, insane things because they hate Carolina so much. It's unhealthy.

Oh and gtee -- to answer your question, NC State hasn't done one damn thing to strengthen the ACC since 1983. Not one. Even in the rare opportunities they did have (like in football against Ohio State under Chuck Amato), they still find ways to F it up. They are worthless.

I mean....I never visit DI, but tell me if I'm close........Jersey-born and bred, other favorite teams include the N.J. Devils, NY Giants, and possibly the Yankees or Mets, have never been to North Carolina unless they moved to the Triangle
Nope, not close. Those guys are mostly NC people who are Duke fans because State basketball hasn't been relevant for 30 years. Trust me, when K leaves, they will jump ship back to State at first opportunity, assuming dook has the same post-coaching-legend hangover that strikes most programs when the legend departs.

Sure, there is the occasional yankee, but they don't stay around long because it's understandably tough to follow the conversation. I don't think there is more than 5% alum participation on that board, and that number may be 5% high.

I mean....I never visit DI, but tell me if I'm close........Jersey-born and bred, other favorite teams include the N.J. Devils, NY Giants, and possibly the Yankees or Mets, have never been to North Carolina unless they moved to the Triangle
Nope, not close. Those guys are mostly NC people who are Duke fans because State basketball hasn't been relevant for 30 years. Trust me, when K leaves, they will jump ship back to State at first opportunity, assuming dook has the same post-coaching-legend hangover that strikes most programs when the legend departs.

Sure, there is the occasional yankee, but they don't stay around long because it's understandably tough to follow the conversation. I don't think there is more than 5% alum participation on that board, and that number may be 5% high.
Ahhhh ok I see -- the infamous Dook basketball / State football fan

Pretty much dead on accurate. But they do think they're special because they're duke fans. Sort of a class by association mindset. But they can't help it. It's just their nature.

Ahhhh ok I see -- the infamous Dook basketball / State football fan
Not really. They are basketball only fans. If they are aware football is on, they will ABC it every time.

That's really the gist of it. They are like the basketball onlies around here, but they are ABC and as such, Duke is the best horse to ride and has been for some time.

Originally posted by bleeduncblue:
Some of them will indeed wear them, and that's cool. But I would never, in a million years, get caught wearing any clothing with The Rat's name or image. GO HEELS
Quite frankly, this is very sad! It's why you are you and we are we to be honest!

I saw ZERO DEAN shirts So much for the "crazies" and their class which we all know they completely lack.

The crazies should actually be embarrassed that after the hype there were few t-shirts seen. Wonder how many of them have lost a loved one or a hero. Typical students. I can say that cause I was one once as well.

Originally posted by UNC-75:
The crazies should actually be embarrassed that after the hype there were few t-shirts seen. Wonder how many of them have lost a loved one or a hero. Typical students. I can say that cause I was one once as well.
I feel for you bcause i've been there with you but come on man, that sh|t was pretty classy tonight!

Originally posted by 2 skerz 3:

I feel for you bcause i've been there with you but come on man, that sh|t was pretty classy tonight!
Sure - by the team and the coaches.... but there was nothing classy from the fans IMO.

The Dook Nerds hold up a quote not by Dean, but by Rat (about Dean). Its always about narcissist Rat. Like someone said in a different post, I see a lot of similar qualities in Rat and Obama. Except Obama is incompetent.

^ Hey HuskyOne, hate to say this but your commentary is a salt rub in an open wound at present. I think that you have to know as much...

Originally posted by Heelicious:
Originally posted by 2 skerz 3:

Sure - by the team and the coaches.... but there was nothing classy from the fans IMO.

The Dook Nerds hold up a quote not by Dean, but by Rat (about Dean). Its always about narcissist Rat. Like someone said in a different post, I see a lot of similar qualities in Rat and Obama. Except Obama is incompetent.
I feel bad that you feel that way especially when Roy was all class about the crazies"

I never saw a shirt. The moment of silence was nice but they get no credit like the Pitt students did

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT