ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball

For those who care about such things, 12 of the top-50 have committed so far, and another 10 in the next 50.

Still plenty of talent available.

I'd like to see a commit or 2 coming our way. And maybe another offer or 2, as well.

Reactions: Archer2
Time for a weekly update. Since the last one...

Nickelberry committed to Louisville. As predicted.
Moore picked up another prediction to Duke, trivially adding to a strong Duke lead.
There's been a little of shuffling for Hurt, but KU retains its 50% edge. Everybody else lost a bit.
UCLA added a prediction to pull out of a tie with us for Baker.
We added up another pick for Bacot. Still 100%.

Code:
Player       Rank #P  Schools %                  Trend

Nickelberry  Committed to Louisville.  CB prediction Louisville.
Moore        19   16  Duke 88% UNC 12%           Duke
Brooks       23    9  MSU 56% IND 22% UK 22%     No Change
Carey         2   13  Duke 54% Miami 23% MSU 23% No change
Hurt          5   12  KU 50% MN 25% ? 17 UNC 8%  Foggier but still KU
RobinsonEarl 21    7  KU 100%                    No change
Wiseman       1   18  Memph 56% UK 44%           No Change
Baker        16    8  UCLA 50% UNC 38% Texas 12% UCLA
Bacot        22   13  UNC 100%                   UNC

Reactions: RP12
just think if the crystal ball picks were right for once … it would be time to offer some more schollys

I could see an offer or two going out Friday or soon thereafter with coaches being able to contact juniors directly on the 15th.

Jaden Springer would be my best guess of a recruit that could be offered soon.

Reactions: Archer2
Todd and Springer would be my 1st two offers for 2020. Springer is a PG right now but don't think he ends at that position believe he will end up as a SG/SF because of height.
I could see an offer or two going out Friday or soon thereafter with coaches being able to contact juniors directly on the 15th.

Jaden Springer would be my best guess of a recruit that could be offered soon.

Time again for a weekly update. Since the last one...

Not much happened. A couple of additional predictions. All for existing leaders. A few slight tweaks in the rankings. A couple of withdrawn predictions but, again, no changes in leaders or trends.

Code:

Moore        18   16  Duke 88% UNC 12%           No Change
Brooks       22    8  MSU 62% IND 25% UK 12%     MSU
Hurt          4   12  KU 58% MN 17% ? 17 UNC 8%  KU
RobinsonEarl 20    8  KU 100%                    KU
Wiseman       1   19  Memph 58% UK 42%           Memph
Baker        15    8  UCLA 50% UNC 38% Texas 12% No Change
Bacot        21   12  UNC 100%                   No Change

I was hoping to see some movement on Brooks, but none is showing up here. Anybody have any info?

I still think we should offer another SF and PF/C. Or several.

An athletic 5-star wing to replace Little would be good get. The Heels will definitely lose Bird, Cam , Williams and Little and possibly Coby also. That is possibly the entire starting line-up..OUCH!

I'm curious (but too lazy to check) what the Crystal ball was saying about Day'ron Sharpe prior to his commitment. Does anyone know?

Not crystal ball but the interview I read said UNC was his "dream school" (HS coach and Day'ron's Dad). Not sure crystal has much on kids from sophomore season to rising junior.

The funny thing about Sharpe is that he had not been trained in "recruit Interview etiquette". You know when the kids are asked "What school do you like the best"? The normal canned answer..."I like them all". He talked about UNC like he was headed to heaven to join Elizabeth.

When he said during the interview that his dad cried when Roy made the offer it was done deal. Good get for the Heels!

The funny thing about Sharpe is that he had not been trained in "recruit Interview etiquette". You know when the kids are asked "What school do you like the best"? The normal canned answer..."I like them all". He talked about UNC like he was headed to heaven to join Elizabeth.

When he said during the interview that his dad cried when Roy made the offer it was done deal. Good get for the Heels!

I LOVE getting these type of kids. There is such a huge character difference between this kid/Nas Little to the Wendell Moore/Kevin Knox types.... Just another reason to feel fortunate we have Roy and that he places such a premium on not only how good the kid is on the floor, but off the floor as well.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Wendell Moore is a knucklehead, and that is probably a gross understatement.

Several guys moved up a tad in the rankings (italics) but no new predictions or changes in trends.

Code:

Moore        17   16  Duke 88% UNC 12%           No Change
Brooks       21    8  MSU 62% IND 25% UK 12%     No Change
Hurt          4   12  KU 58% MN 17% ? 17 UNC 8%  No Change
RobinsonEarl 19    8  KU 100%                    No Change
Wiseman       1   19  Memph 58% UK 42%           No Change
Baker        14    8  UCLA 50% UNC 38% Texas 12% No Change
Bacot        20   12  UNC 100%                   No Change

I see that the needle has moved on Isaiah Todd, he has us at 50% and KU at 50%. Not to recruit negatively but kid needs a bug in his ear Self isn't Mr. Clean. Or we can take the high ground and just sell him on CH and UNC! :cool:

Roy and co. after another smooth big Trayce Jackson-Davis, 6'9", class of '19, guy has a bunch of offers after the summer circuit. A lefty, good passer, can shoot well, rebounds well, and makes his foul shots!

Last edited:
Two more to keep an eye on Jaden Springer, mentioned above in this thread and Walker Kessler...also mentioned previously...

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ree-players-who-could-land-in-top-10-for-2020

Springer being a North Carolina kid is important, like the Gantt kid at W. Meck...and Kessler is getting notice as a do everything 7' player. Roy and company are still shopping.

If we get Springer and Sharpe in 2020 I'll be FIRED UP. Springer would step right in for Coby and we'd lose very little.

It's been a couple of weeks since I updated this.

Some movement on Brooks. Unfortunately, it's towards Indiana, not us.

Hurt is trending more strongly toward Kansas, and we have dropped off the CB radar.

Likewise, Baker is trending more strongly toward UCLA, taking predictions from us and Texas.

I sure hope more offers to SFs and bigs are right around the corner.

Code:

Moore        17   16  Duke 88% UNC 12%           No Change
Brooks       22    8  MSU 50% IND 38% UK 12%     Indiana
Hurt          4   12  KU 75% MN 17% ?? 08        Kansas
RobinsonEarl 20    8  KU 100%                    No Change
Wiseman       1   19  Memph 58% UK 42%           No Change
Baker        14    8  UCLA 75% UNC 25%           UCLA
Bacot        21   12  UNC 100%                   No Change

I'd like to see us get involved with Qudus Wahab from Flint Hill in Oakton, VA. He's a big 6-10 guy who can run the court and blocks anything near the rim. His offense is a work in progress but he's going to be a good one.

I think Baker and Hurt are extremely long shots, and Earl isn't much closer. TBH, if we land Bacot, with all the young bigs we already have, I'm content.

Has anybody heard anything about Francis and his recovery from knee surgery. I believe he missed the rest of the season, is that correct. We certainly need him to recover fully. We'll need him by his sophomore year, if not sooner.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I'd like to see us get involved with Qudus Wahab from Flint Hill in Oakton, VA. He's a big 6-10 guy who can run the court and blocks anything near the rim. His offense is a work in progress but he's going to be a good one.

I think Baker and Hurt are extremely long shots, and Earl isn't much closer. TBH, if we land Bacot, with all the young bigs we already have, I'm content.

Has anybody heard anything about Francis and his recovery from knee surgery. I believe he missed the rest of the season, is that correct. We certainly need him to recover fully. We'll need him by his sophomore year, if not sooner.
Earl may not be as long a shot as some think. Being in FL helps, if anything. Would love to see some stuff finally start to stick to Self and KU --- that might help even more.

Francis I heard has gone to John Lucas's guard academy so I trust he's feeling better.

If the FBI doesnt drag their feet like the NCAA does, maybe a cloud will form over KU's heads. Thats the only way I see us getting JRE right now.

In regards to 2020, Jaden Springer has been to UNC multiple times and I think his family loves Roy based on what I've read. I think he's ours to lose right now. All we need to pop is the offer.

Wendell Moore has scheduled official visits to all five of his favorites this fall. UNC is the last scheduled visit on the weekend of October 12 through the 14th for late night with Roy. Hmmmm...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT