ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Drop: How Competitive Is UNC Hoops With NIL?!

So "competitive" we've been outbid on every front court player we've talked to.

We're UNC, the staff clearly sees we need two starting front court players, and our NIL has gotten us zero so far.

What will happen next year if UNC's 3 freshman have an excellent year? Will UNC have enough money to keep them on the roster.
James Brown should be redshirting next season, not forced to play because we couldn't afford to the starting front court players we need.

Ian Jackson should be in the NBA draft a year from now.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
What will happen next year if UNC's 3 freshman have an excellent year? Will UNC have enough money to keep them on the roster.
If they have an excellent year, chances are they will be in the NBA anyways. I don't see James Brown having an excellent year. But I don't see Ian Jackson coming back at all.

So "competitive" we've been outbid on every front court player we've talked to.

We're UNC, the staff clearly sees we need two starting front court players, and our NIL has gotten us zero so far.

You refuse to accept the truth on this for some reason. Watch the video, read what I've typed. I've said it many times. Choose to be pissed about something that isn't actually true. That's your choice. But I have come over here to this board to help you (and others) understand what the reality is. Choose what you will.

You refuse to accept the truth on this for some reason. Watch the video, read what I've typed. I've said it many times. Choose to be pissed about something that isn't actually true. That's your choice. But I have come over here to this board to help you (and others) understand what the reality is. Choose what you will.
Show me the website our collective has set up to collect NIL money from the countless UNC fans to allow us to purchase the players our coaching staff clearly believes we need. Oh wait, there isn't one. Just a website selling t-shirts to benefit current players. Such a simple and obvious method of raising NIL money from a huge fan base to help us land transfers and recruits, and the genius running the show hasn't done it.

Name a single big man this offseason that UNC outbid all the competition for. Oh that's right, there isn't one. We have a front court full of backups and role players, a coaching staff trying to get starters out of the portal, and a NIL being run by fools.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
Show me the website our collective has set up to collect NIL money from the countless UNC fans to allow us to purchase the players our coaching staff clearly believes we need. Oh wait, there isn't one. Just a website selling t-shirts to benefit current players. Such a simple and obvious method of raising NIL money from a huge fan base to help us land transfers and recruits, and the genius running the show hasn't done it.

Name a single big man this offseason that UNC outbid all the competition for. Oh that's right, there isn't one. We have a front court full of backups and role players, a coaching staff trying to get starters out of the portal, and a NIL being run by fools.

Believe what you want. Your choice.

Don't forget there are tons of ways for players to get "nil" money, it isn't all thru a collective.

Regarding your shirt which benefits players:
https://unc.nil.store/ see https://goheels.com/news/2024/1/16/general-unc-nil-store-launches-via-inflcr-exchange

Believe what you want. Your choice.
I believe what the evidence shows me.

True or false?

1. UNC has one of the biggest fan bases in all college basketball.

2. There is no streamlined way for the average UNC fan to donate to the NIL collective to purchase the players we need.

3. The coaching staff has been trying to fill the giant hole in our front court left by Ingram and Bacot leaving.

4. UNC has talked with several front court portal recruits, but only 2 have visited and zero have committed.

5. Not a single reporter or person connected with any school has reported that UNC was the top bidder for any of the front court players we have recruited this offseason.

Reactions: UNCHUSKER
Interesting version of the Truth. The video was somewhere between laughable and insulting. You sounded like a shill for the program.

what the evidence shows me.

True or false?

1. UNC has one of the biggest fan bases in all college basketball.

2. There is no streamlined way for the average UNC fan to donate to the NIL collective to purchase the players we need.

3. The coaching staff has been trying to fill the giant hole in our front court left by Ingram and Bacot leaving.

4. UNC has talked with several front court portal recruits, but only 2 have visited and zero have committed.

5. Not a single reporter or person connected with any school has reported that UNC was the top bidder for any of the front court players we have recruited this offseason.
iu

Your ride is here Chapelle.

Don't forget there are tons of ways for players to get "nil" money, it isn't all thru a collective.

Regarding your shirt which benefits players:
https://unc.nil.store/ see https://goheels.com/news/2024/1/16/general-unc-nil-store-launches-via-inflcr-exchange

About the NIL Store Network

Backed by Mark Cuban, the NIL Store’s foundation is built on three principles:

1. NIL merchandise should be available to all athletes, not just some.
2. Athletes should come first in every conversation.
3. Athletes should make as much money as they possibly can on every sale.

Show me the website our collective has set up to collect NIL money from the countless UNC fans to allow us to purchase the players our coaching staff clearly believes we need.
I like this idea. A UNC GoFundMe to get and keep our players.

That would be especially good for those of us who don't need any more T-shirts and don't know how much of our overpayment for T-shirts actually gets to the players.

I mean if Jae'Lyn gets $25 when I buy the T-shirt posted above, great. I may get one. But if some CEO gets $25 while JWit gets $2, then no thanks.

If you know my reporting you'd know that's an absurd statement. You guys don't have to like the facts, but they are the facts.
You still won't answer those very basic true/false questions. Seems obvious why. The answers show our NIL collective isn't doing its job and as a result we couldn't afford the players Hubert wanted to add to our front court.

I like this idea. A UNC GoFundMe to get and keep our players.
Just think about the reality of our situation. UNC basketball has an enormous fan base. The most obvious answer to the NIL question is to monetize that enormous fan base. You could do it any number of ways. Direct donations, a rewards system, etc... but someone has to get off their butt and get a basic website designed. No one from our collective has done that. So you have this enormous fan base sitting around with no easy way to contribute. Meanwhile Hubert Davis is getting outbid on every big man he's pursued this offseason.

You start a UNC basketball NIL donation page 3 months ago, and we'd have one of the best starting centers in the portal already committed by now.

I’m the last person to post about this topic, but here goes. I’m stuck in the 90s in more ways than one, and I did a simple Google search for “UNC NIL Collective.” The first hit is Heels4Life for UNC football. Basketball doesn’t show up for a while, and it’s confusing. When I searched for “Arkansas NIL Collective” and “Alabama NIL Collective,” the first hits were their main NIL pages, unified for all their sports. UNC’s setup is confusing. Even to someone who doesn’t know much about NIL, it’s clear UNC has some work to do. They need to streamline and make it obvious and the best.

I don't know how much NIL money Carolina does or does not have but something is off. Carolina has a hole at center the size of the grand canyon and as of right now can't get a starter level player to fill it. It's getting real late in the game.

I don't know how much NIL money Carolina does or does not have but something is off. Carolina has a hole at center the size of the grand canyon and as of right now can't get a starter level player to fill it. It's getting real late in the game.
Exactly- we have Duke with a roster full of NBA freshmen landing transfers and we can’t seem to get anyone. If it’s not NIL, then is our brand really that poor compared to them and to Alabama basketball? If so we need some consulting help or something. Maybe it is an abnormal/fluky year, who knows, but certainly been disappointing so far. Guess we will see how it ends.

He didn't watch the video because he doesn't have premium.
He should heed the advice
"Better to keep your mouth shut, and have everyone think your an idiot, rather than opening your mouth and proving it to all"

Surely you are joking. 45 bucks for a Withers anything?

Figured the pic would be him jacking up a 3 with 30 seconds left on the shot clock in a big game.
Thanks for bringing that up. I’d like to permanently forget that atrocious decision that basically cost us the game.

Because we think "FAMILY" and the "CAROLINA WAY" instead of the almighty dollar and being competitive in paying athletes will be enough.

Hubs, tradition, and butterflies and rainbows will be enough. Thats all it takes, just ask some of these posters.....

• Haha
You still won't answer those very basic true/false questions. Seems obvious why. The answers show our NIL collective isn't doing its job and as a result we couldn't afford the players Hubert wanted to add to our front court.
Dude, I’ve spent the day with my family. Spent maybe 20 minutes on the site.

And, I’d be glad to answer your questions on Four Corners, not here.

Surely you are joking. 45 bucks for a Withers anything?

Figured the pic would be him jacking up a 3 with 30 seconds left on the shot clock in a big game.
The point wasn't whose shirt it was. The point was how much does the player see.

I assume you didn't intend to deflect, but deflect you did.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
If you know my reporting you'd know that's an absurd statement. You guys don't have to like the facts, but they are the facts.
I’m sorry but those are not facts and it’s completely irresponsible for you to say they are. You are being fed the UNC program Spin for why they are falling short. That doesn’t make it fact or truth. The Truth is UNC is not competitive this offseason in an open market. We can’t close on big man talent. We have a hard time even getting any to visit and others have immediately hung up the phone during the initial sales pitch. Those are actual facts.

Reactions: Oak ridger
Who hung up the phone on UNC basketball? Do we know the names of the players?
UNCHUSKER doesn't have to produce names, that is the benefit of being a radical fanatical Radar poster. He is not constrained to actual journalistic ethics and such.
Truth is just a casual obstacle they like to look beyond to further their " Sky is falling" narrative.

Last edited:
Imo .. not one college basketball team should be able to pay more / have more endorsements than UNC !! Period !! We are CAROLINA ! to be the best you have to beat the best !! We should have nil deals far superior than any other school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT