ADVERTISEMENT

Don't poke the Dog...

gary-7

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
Parts Unknown
A couple of years ago I posted in a thread that opponents "won't like Joel Berry when he's angry". The reference was to the fact that upperclassmen and alums found that out pretty quickly when he got to Chapel Hill --- and I've got another great pick-up game story I'll post later --- but for now here's a new Adam Lucas gem on that very subject, ICYMI.
http://goheels.com/news/2017/11/21/adam-lucas-lucas-guard-dogs.aspx

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and RP12
I LOVE this line... "games other teams would never schedule." LOL

109484.jpg

Last edited:
I love how Kenny plays hard on both ends of the court. That type of energy and enthusiasm is a great example for the young guys.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I read that earlier Gary. I missed during the game where man-bun panty-hose boy was talking trash, but it sure blew up in his face.

Good little player, but he looks like a 6th grader.......

Reactions: gary-7
We know what Joel can bring. If Kenny brings that stroke all season, and we get Cam back soon.... we could have some serious firepower from beyond the arc.

Last edited:
Roy schedules "true" road games that are not mandated. This year Stanford and Tennessee. Duke? never mind...

Reactions: gary-7
I read those numbers steat, seems UNC in the Roy Williams era has had 32 Nov/Dec true road games, at opponents home court...

some place up 15/501 meantime in the same time frame has had 11 true road games.

In related news:
I heard you also don't tug on superman's cape and you don't spit into the wind!

Reactions: HermanT
Another reason I love Theo:

"He said some dude was talking to him and got him fired up," said roommate and frequent subject of the Berry wrath Theo Pinson. "He said, 'Alright, I've got something for you.' I said this last year. That's the wrong person to talk to. He's already mad. There's no reason to talk to him even more. The dog was in the cage and couldn't buy a bucket. He saw one go through the hoop and it was over with. You just let the dog out of the cage."

I couldn't agree more! LAST thing you want to do as Stanford is talk smack to The Dog!

Another reason I love Theo:

"He said some dude was talking to him and got him fired up," said roommate and frequent subject of the Berry wrath Theo Pinson. "He said, 'Alright, I've got something for you.' I said this last year. That's the wrong person to talk to. He's already mad. There's no reason to talk to him even more. The dog was in the cage and couldn't buy a bucket. He saw one go through the hoop and it was over with. You just let the dog out of the cage."

I couldn't agree more! LAST thing you want to do as Stanford is talk smack to The Dog!
Shhh! According to one particular poster (with a bunch of 4s in his handle) we're immature for calling JB a "dog". Guess Theo didn't get the memo :p:rolleyes:...

"Junk Yard Dog" probably is the most mis-understood name out there. Many have no idea what that is. My old bud Jim Croce said "meaner than a junk yard dog" he nailed Berry with that song.!
"Dog" in and of itself is a compliment among players. "Dude got that dog in him" means he ain't someone to f*** with. That would be JB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT