ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Powell

I really really like Drake Powell but keep in mind this was 2A competition.
I think he'll be a good, if not a great all around player in the future. At least in the beginning, I doubt he'll put up a lot of points.

I think he is gonna help defensively. If Cade cant hang with the talent we will be facing I could see Powell stepping up. seth and drake on the wing for defense would cause some problems.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
LOL at him stopping the two-6ft-guys fast break by himself early in the video. Looking forward to seeing what he can do up here. Hopefully some great workouts coming for him against the team and the alums.

He's not rated a 5 star because of his play against regular season high school competition.
He is a 5 Star on every site I see…He got the 5 star for his season on the AAU circuit if u a not mistaken….

Fact is Drake could have averaged 40 a night at Northwood but he was trying to win a State Title for his school…Kid is a dawg and will surprise people this year…

Blocking a shot, turning around and blocking a second shot across the lane AND sprinting out to half court; stealing the ball; and going in for a dunk might just translate, lol! Anybody with eyes can see this kid has that something special. Level matters far less than motor! Be ready for an impact frosh almost out of the gate! After he adjusts to the athleticism, size, and strength of the college game, this kid will become a real problem-on D first and all-around very quickly! How many budding stars have you seen that take such obvious pride in defending his goal?

I can honestly see a little bit of leaky in his game. The good parts. Defense and athleticism. I think Drake is more athletic and his shot is better "looking" mechanically than Leaky's. Whether that translates to ACC play or not remains to be seen. I do think he can help us, but I think the transition to the div 1 speed of play will take him a little bit. My concern is for him being thrown in too quickly (when we have a deep roster) and getting exposed too early and it affecting his head.

For the record I was simply referring to the video attached to this thread. He was a man among boys in high school. He is a 5 star for sure.

From what I've seen Cap'n Jack will need to be a bit more selective while Drake seems much more willing to defer. It'll be interesting to see how they integrate. RJ will get his shots so there is only so many to go around.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Really interested in how he translates early to being aggressive, he may need to. He developed from a limited offensive guy with elite everything else, to a guy who could put buckets on you, but does not seek his looks. Really interesting player to me. His freshman year will be very interesting.

He's not rated a 5 star because of his play against regular season high school competition.
I see 5*'s .. nice handle, and looks like he's been in the weight room, very nice rotation on his shots, great defensive quickness and looks like some pretty good court vision. If he don't get some serious PT in his frosh year he'll go elsewhere pretty quick. jmo

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT