ADVERTISEMENT

Duke at UNC game thread on: 4 March 2023

Getting schooled by freshman, what a disgrace for our seniors & out coached .. by a real coach apparently

Reactions: gkss
This program is in such a decline right now. Hubert has now coached over 60 games and his team has looked competent in about 10 of them.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
This may be the stupidest team I have ever seen at UNC. And that is Hubert’s fault. I’m sorry, but you have a veteran team against basically a team full of freshmen. And they look like the veteran team at the end.

This may be the stupidest team I have ever seen at UNC. And that is Hubert’s fault. I’m sorry, but you have a veteran team against basically a team full of freshmen. And they look like the veteran team at the end.
I keep hearing about the veteran aspect... they have a lot of veteran experience at being really mediocre. They had a grand run for a few weeks last March. But, the veterans on this experienced team are more familiar with struggling and losing than anything else.

this and the team is so inconsistent from an offense and defense perspective. I personally don't think this is a Hubert issue...just my opinion.
I don't think it's about Hubert Davis, either. There are just some really mediocre players that, even collectively, can play okay. But, there's not a single NBA-level player on the team. There hasn't been an NBA-level player in 3 years or so.

Reactions: JDisaheelfan
Pre season #1 to not even making tourney! HD needs to go! Any decent coach would have had this team in tournament no question! HD is a moron and made no improvement over the season! Get rid of him now!

Pre season #1 to not even making tourney! HD needs to go! Any decent coach would have had this team in tournament no question! HD is a moron and made no improvement over the season! Get rid of him now!
Bubba ain't gotta enough nads to do that .. roy controls the head coach position

I don't think it's about Hubert Davis, either. There are just some really mediocre players that, even collectively, can play okay. But, there's not a single NBA-level player on the team. There hasn't been an NBA-level player in 3 years or so.
NBA level players doesn’t matter in college ball. HD has been terrible all year! Talent is there to be a really good team. His philosophy has screwed this team!

Love and Leaky 6 for 28 shooting, 1 for 13 from 3. Scoring options #3 and #4 on a team with no bench scoring. Surprised it was even close

how close it was is actually a reflection of really how average this Dook team truly is. drop this group in a normal acc year and they are an NIT team as well.

Love and Leaky 6 for 28 shooting, 1 for 13 from 3. Scoring options #3 and #4 on a team with no bench scoring. Surprised it was even close

Yep. Like I said on another thread. We currently have 3 black holes in the starting 5 on offense.

Reactions: Tarheels39
Carolina didn't shoot well, but the thing that Duke does well this year is play defense. Their offense is very streaky and probably not good enough to do to much in the Tourney, but their defense keeps them in games. Don't give up on Hubert yet. I think he will end up being a very good coach for you guys.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Beaten by a better team it’s as simple as that. We better learn how to develop a bench soon or we can expect this to continue. We are effectively done for the year. Let’s see what happens in the portal and if Nickel leaves I am gonna be pissed!
Bacot returning would be nice for his experience but this team is way to jeckle and hyde for this old guy. We desperately need a truer point that has Felton speed at minimum. Change this NBA offense crap because everyone can defend it with lesser talented teams.
On to next year folks and let’s hope things change….
His offensive scheme is terrible.
Is there a scheme? I actually have seen more plays run from my granddaughters high school coach. And they run run run, kinda like a combination of Dean and Roy’s runners. They are fun to watch.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT