ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite songs and videos!

Don't know how to post it, but I love the video "Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood.
Looks to be inspired by "The Hustler", a great film with Jackie Gleason, Paul Newman, and George C. Scott. Just happened to catch the last 30 minutes the other night . A great move, if you haven't seen it, check it out.
Spoiler alert: Contains no CGI or giant fighting robots! :D

Don't know how to post it, but I love the video "Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood.
Looks to be inspired by "The Hustler", a great film with Jackie Gleason, Paul Newman, and George C. Scott. Just happened to catch the last 30 minutes the other night . A great move, if you haven't seen it, check it out.
Spoiler alert: Contains no CGI or giant fighting robots! :D
this one?

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. Kind woman, I give you my all, Kind woman, nothing more. Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by. My love is strong, with you there is no wrong, together we shall go until we die. My, my, my. An inspiration is what you are to me, inspiration, look... see. And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles, Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one. Happiness, no more be sad, happiness....I'm glad. If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

Van Morrison fans . . Van is set to release his 36th studio LP on September 30th, the singer's first collection of new music in 4 years.

rs-246885-RS-Van-Morrison-01.jpg

From the article linked :

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/van-morrison-announces-new-lp-keep-me-singing-20160629

Keep Me Singing Track List

1. "Let It Rhyme"
2. "Every Time I See A River"
3. "Keep Me Singing"
4. "Out In The Cold Again"
5. "Memory Lane"
6. "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword"
7. "Holy Guardian Angel"
8. "Share Your Love With Me"
9. "In Tiburon"
10. "Look Beyond The Hill"
11. "Going Down To Bangor"
12. "Too Late"
13. "Caledonia Swing"

"Caledonia Swing"
If I may piggyback off your poast, good sir. This reminded me of a beautiful song about Scotland ("Caledonia" to the Romans) by Dougie MacLean. Scotland doesn't have a national anthem but this might as well be their official song. It stirs something in my soul, probably because of my Scotch/Irish roots on my mother's side.

Reactions: BillyL
If I may piggyback off your poast, good sir. This reminded me of a beautiful song about Scotland ("Caledonia" to the Romans) by Dougie MacLean. Scotland doesn't have a national anthem but this might as well be their official song. It stirs something in my soul, probably because of my Scotch/Irish roots on my mother's side.

Enjoyed listening to that, RH . . thanks for the share.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I think I first heard this on the Howard Stern show. The Duke is addressing an ROTC class at UCLA around 1968-69. He's loaded and pissed about Vietnam protests at other schools... priceless. This NEVER gets old.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT