ADVERTISEMENT

Gene Chizik

Sam was as effective a runner as MW on my opinion. He isn't a dual guy for the NFL , but incredibly productive power5 running qb. Had the second-most runs of 10-plus yards among FBS quarterbacks. Some was design, but lots was Sam being patient, having good vision and breaking tackles.

roster turnover will help. we are replacing a couple of good players on D with less experienced guys but the new guys have a much higher ceiling IMO. you've got to have solid players across the board on D but you also need 2-3 game changers and we didn't have any last season

Reactions: Archer2
Seems much of our DL talent is on the interior since Des Evans is kinda stagnating. Chris Collins and Kaimon Rucker could be our best DEs in a traditional 4-man front (not sure if Noah Taylor fits here).

Or could 6'4.5 285 Ritzie be a SSDE? Mikey Bart started almost every game his final yr at SSDE and he was 6'3 270. Ritzie could obviously be quite bigger in yr two...

Last edited:
How much input do the coordinators have on the S&C program? I feel like that might have been one of our biggest weaknesses on both sides of the ball. Seemed like we couldn't get any push. I'd like to see us change something up in that area.

I think they are going to need to get in some faces too. I feel like Mack might be too friendly to some of these players.
Agreed.
How much input do the coordinators have on the S&C program? I feel like that might have been one of our biggest weaknesses on both sides of the ball. Seemed like we couldn't get any push. I'd like to see us change something up in that area.
Couldn’t agree more. Our lines have been manhandled too often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT