ADVERTISEMENT

Given the choice, who would you take: Shittu or Days?

Shittu or Days?

• Simi Shittu

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Darius Days

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

pln2013

All-ACC
May 8, 2017
Shittu is obviously ranked a lot higher, but you could make a good argument for either.

Shittu could step in and start at the 5 or be the primary back up at the 4 and 5 if our '17 bigs struggle. He's an excellent rebounder and has a strong presence inside. Plus he could take opposing bigs off the dribble and find teammates, which is a nice wrinkle. He'd most likely leave after a (championship?) year.

Days would likely be a multi-year (perhaps 3?) player who could still contribute early. He'd have a great shot at starting as a sophomore, stepping into the shooter/rebounder role Maye currently occupies. If our '17 bigs look good, he'd complement them well with his spacing. He'd most likely try to develop his off-the-dribble game, since he's really short for a full-time NBA 4.

Thoughts?

My answer is: whoever commits first.

If I had to choose, its Shittu. 2019 has enough big man talent that a Freshman like Carey or Bacot could come in and contribute. We're luckily nor facing the same recruiting "woes" we were years ago that we'd have too much trouble landing talent.

My answer:

I'd have to say Shittu. I just don't have faith in our '17 bigs outside of Brooks, especially when they're only sophomores. If Manley and Huffman don't develop quickly and we don't get Shittu, we'll have a lot of minutes in which we have to play small or we have to play a big who isn't ready.

Maye/Brooks/Shittu (with Little dropping down some) would be an excellent big rotation. Combine it with Felton, White, Little, et al, and that's a championship roster.

This is actually a tough choice.... I think I'd go with Days simply because I think he can be a really good player for 3-4 years while Shittu would be great for one year. Days has the strength and motor to be a solid 4/3 for us.

However, I do understand your point of being unsure about what we've got with the freshmen bigs and wanting Shittu to play the 5 spot.

So with Little coming on as a OAD, I actually may lean Days on this one for the reason above...get those 3-4 years out of him instead of one out of Shittu.

I am a lil surprised, thought most would prefer Shittu due to having so many unproven guys in our front court?

Think I have been pretty consistent in this, I prefer Days simply because I do see him as more a 4/3 with a nice shooting touch, he and Little would IMO be interchangeable and could play together as well. Little goes 1&D and Days is still there to step right in and maybe be the same if we were to add Wendal Moore or some other 3 in 2019. I don't think Days is a 1&D guy at this point, not that he could not become that but I suspect he would be with us 3-4yrs because he may lack a bit of quickness as a wing and is a bit undersized (length wise, like his shoulders thou) for a 4, think he is 6' 6-7", kind of a tweener.

Shittu IMO is monster athlete but maybe not the most skilled guy, like him a lot and would love to have him but this is a if I could chose question and I just love what I see in Days more.

I haven't seen either guy live (or Little for that matter). But I know Roy and I know our system. I'd be mildly shocked if any of the 3 were bona fide OAD kids.

I haven't seen either guy live (or Little for that matter). But I know Roy and I know our system. I'd be mildly shocked if any of the 3 were bona fide OAD kids.

Little is guaranteed to be one-and-done. It's not even a question.

Shittu is more ambiguous. Finding him an NBA position will be hard. Still think he leaves after one, though.

Days, probably not.

I like the clips I've seen for both of these kids.

As others have said, Days looks like a multi-year player and he also looks better than his ranking.

Meanwhile, Shittu looks like a possible OAD, but I suspect he will spend his first - and perhaps only - year learning and not producing a whole lot.

Until recently I haven't given Simi much thought because I didn't think we had a shot, but apparently we're in his top 2.

Conversely, I thought we had a good shot at Days, but that doesn't look to be the case.

Obviously both of those could change. I'd like to see the crystal ball after Days' visit.

Bottom line, I'd rather have Shittu and Days than Little and one of Shittu and Days. But since that isn't going to happen, I think I'll go with Shittu - and hope he is more ready than I think and sticks around for a couple of years. Mainly because I think our front line will still be coming into focus and Shittu will be more help there.

Little is guaranteed to be one-and-done. It's not even a question.

Shittu is more ambiguous. Finding him an NBA position will be hard. Still think he leaves after one, though.

Days, probably not.

I agree about Little. id take that bet in a heartbeat, The more I see of him the more impressed I am. To me hes a top 5 player in this class(Little).

Why the odds? You said it was a stone cold lock, right? So you should have no problem going 500:1.
o-SCARED-facebook.jpg

How do we think Shittu will fit in our system? He's kind of a face up 4 who has the length and athleticism to play the 5 (assuming the most recent measurements bare right). Also he's playing point forward in high school.

I love his rebounding and defense, jw how he might fit offensively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT