Which would win in a fight?

• Gorilla

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Grizzly Bear

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. What inspired this thread?

2. Why exactly do we need to wait over a week to close the poll?
1) this hypothetical question has vexed deep-thinking men ever since there were grizzlies and gorillas...and men. This may resolve it once and for all.

2) no need to wait. It's grizzly.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
It’s the grizzly but the size difference isn’t massive if we’re talking about the regular griz. They’re around 600 lbs. but the Kodiak can get up to 1000 lbs. A male silverback is gonna be around 350-400 lbs. but the grizzly’s claws are the difference maker and how his thick fur is armor like whereas the gorilla is leaner and has vulnerable areas more exposed.

I fu*kin love this thread and I make a motion for @chickenhunter to do a whole series. I mean, why stop at grizzly vs gorilla?

It’s the grizzly but the size difference isn’t massive if we’re talking about the regular griz. They’re around 600 lbs. but the Kodiak can get up to 1000 lbs. A male silverback is gonna be around 350-400 lbs. but the grizzly’s claws are the difference maker and how his thick fur is armor like whereas the gorilla is leaner and has vulnerable areas more exposed.

I fu*kin love this thread and I make a motion for @chickenhunter to do a whole series. I mean, why stop at grizzly vs gorilla?
You really thought this through, I love it.

What you don’t wanna fuk with is a chimpanzee. Those mfer’s are just evil. They go for the lips, eyes, and hands when attacking people. There’s been documented cases of them snatching human infants and tearing them apart and eating them. They’re cannibals as well. There was some poor woman on Oprah years back that tried to save her friend from a chimp attack and it chewed her face and her hands off. Six cops unloaded their clips on it while it stood on a cop car screaming in rage. I think there’s a video somewhere. Then it walked into its cage and got its blanket and died.

What you don’t wanna fuk with is a chimpanzee. Those mfer’s are just evil. They go for the lips, eyes, and hands when attacking people. There’s been documented cases of them snatching human infants and tearing them apart and eating them. They’re cannibals as well. There was some poor woman on Oprah years back that tried to save her friend from a chimp attack and it chewed her face and her hands off. Six cops unloaded their clips on it while it stood on a cop car screaming in rage. I think there’s a video somewhere. Then it walked into its cage and got its blanket and died.
This is absolutely the truth. I’d fight a grizzly over a chimp. Those things are wild.

Did you ever hear about Marcel and the coon-huntin' monkey?

"He looks too much like FOLKS to be getting' outte there! You leave him in that pickup truck!"

I can recite that one by heart, almost front to back... same with What It Was Was Football... my dad had an 8-track player with JC's greatest hits.

I used to make my dad's drinking buddies laugh their asses off at his "watering hole" when I was like 10 years old. It helps when they're drunk as hell on Canadian Club.

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
This is absolutely the truth. I’d fight a grizzly over a chimp. Those things are wild.
reminds me of that great old joke. I know everybody has heard it but just in case...

new guy walks into the only bar in a remote Alaskan village and orders a drink. Everybody in the bar turns to look at him as the bartender explains; "Buddy, to drink here you have to pass three tests. First you have to put away a fifth of liquor straight down. Then there's a polar bear chained up out back and you have to wrestle him for five minutes. If you make it through that, the final test is making love to the Eskimo woman upstairs.

The man agrees and puts a bottle of vodka up and drinks the entire bottle straight. He says "That's one" then stumbles out to where the bear is chained. Half an hour later he returns and he is a sight. Barely able to crawl back into the bar, most of his clothes are ripped off, he's bloody all over, his scalp half torn away and one eye hanging out of the socket...

He says, "That's two. Now where's that Eskimo woman I'm supposed to wrestle?"

OK. Try this with a grizzly.

SizzlingWhimsicalAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

Clearly you should know domesticated means.
who said domesticated or not domesticated? And that chimp is NOT domesticated, it's a wild chimp that Jane Goodall (?) befriended years earlier....and this is a reunion in the wild, with no one knowing what to expect from the chimp. Chimps aren't always vicious, most of the time they are reasonably docile.

Just don't try it with a grizzly.

Are you related to a chimp or something? You seem pretty defensive in what I find to be a silly argument.
yes, because we are all related to chimps. Some more closely than others, of course. And I don't think I'm the one being defensive when you took umbrage at my disparaging of the notion that a chimp is more dangerous than a grizzly bear.

Imagine having to decide to fight either a chimp or a grizzly. Bad information like that could get someone killed by causing them to make the wrong choice. I think I have a responsibility here.

you should post more intelligibly.
Intelligibly? I realize you have shortcomings, Boy Blunder, particularly when it comes to comprehension, but what do you not understand about practice what you preach? Tell me and I'll explain it to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT