ADVERTISEMENT

Heels @ Jackets game thread

Okay... NOW

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvUmJjRlhjd0ZNeW9vL2dpcGh5LmdpZgloglog.gif

I thought the 10.5 point spread was a lock for us, at the very least.

At least we get to see just how good Fedora really is... not.

So we've got WCU on the schedule, and maybe Virginia is a win (though they've looked good so far). Anything else would be a pretty big upset.

If we go 3-9, are there coaching staff changes?

So we've got WCU on the schedule, and maybe Virginia is a win (though they've looked good so far). Anything else would be a pretty big upset.

UVA beat Boise St by 19 in Boise. That is much more impressive than anything we've done this season.

And as I type, that damned fool Fedora plays Harris, who promptly tosses an INT.

Harris' first pass... is a pick. Smh.

What was it that got him to be a 4 star recruit out of HS? He is not nearly as athletic as Surratt. He doesn't have a gun of an arm. And his decision making.... well...

:ucky break.

Now, Fedora you fool: Do NOT QB PT on Harris. P{lay Elliott or Byrd to give Surratt a breather.

personally, i don't know how other than finding a coordinator, or finally larry calling the plays and owning this shit show, so after 2018 they'll be no excuse...i've wanted that since bell left.

all these injuries are reasons why you don't fire the head coach, imo, and you tell him to hire who you want, this next year is yours.

We get another fumble recovery! The defense has to learn though, that our best offensive play today is to pick those fumbles up and run with it. :cool:

Harris' first pass... is a pick. Smh.

What was it that got him to be a 4 star recruit out of HS? He is not nearly as athletic as Surratt. He doesn't have a gun of an arm. And his decision making.... well...
Depends on how you define 'athletic.' Harris is very large and strong. He has all the tools to be as powerful a runner as any QB in the country. But he is a very weak QB.

Very weak. Every down he plays is bad for UNC for the future. There is absolutely 0 upside to Harris playing QB any downs for us.

Reactions: strummingram
Amid the dumpster fire... WHY would you put in Harris? Then Harris immediately throws a pick, and you yank him and put the other guy back in!

To me, crap like that makes me question Fedora's overall ability.

Heard the tv announcers comment that Fedora said this has been their most limited playbook ever <I assume due to youth and inability for guys to execute>.

Maybe time to get the defensive backups some PT, but no reason to pull the offense starters, they need all the reps they can get.

27-0 Jackets

This could be a Bunting-like 2-10 year, with a number of blowout losses.

Our wide receivers as a group have 3 receptions for 31 yards on the day.

Anyone have another team they are rooting for as well this season? Our games are going to be rough.

Well, they avoided the shutout.

Surratt's pass to Cunningham was well behind him. Brown's TD run was textbook: following blocks with some patience and then power when needed.

27-7 Jackets

Reactions: gauchoheel
Maybe this is a good time to ask, is Hatton out due to injury or personal issues? I know no one wants to say exactly what is happening, but can I at least find out if he is injured or not? I heard he is out for the same reason as last year, but I don't know what happened last year either.

Offensively, I like our tailbacks, and I'm okay with Cunningham.
Defensively I like our DLine and MJ Stewart.

Not sure about the rest.

Well, they avoided the shutout.

Surratt's pass to Cunningham was well behind him. Brown's TD run was textbook: following blocks with some patience and then power when needed.

27-7 Jackets
Brown is not too explosive, but at least seems to have good vision and decent strength.

Maybe this is a good time to ask, is Hatton out due to injury or personal issues? I know no one wants to say exactly what is happening, but can I at least find out if he is injured or not? I heard he is out for the same reason as last year, but I don't know what happened last year either.
i've heard rumors of concussion, rumors of depression (or similar) and both. But I have zero insider access.

i've heard rumors of concussion, rumors of depression (or similar) and both. But I have zero insider access.
Yeah, same. I don't care about the exact reason, as it's his personal business. I've heard he may be done, but it'd at least be nice to know if it's a career ending injury or off-the-field personal stuff. That doesn't seem too much to ask.

GT's 2nd team QB is much, much better than Brandon Harris.

More and more, I think Fedora knows chickenshit about QBs. Even the dolt John Fox is on the verge of starting Trubisky as a rookie.

ugh. Jonathon Smith is no Andre Smith, yet.
Add Dalton and Andre Smith, and maybe we get a few more stops, but the O wouldn't have been able to do anything with it.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Ouch. That needed to end quick!!
Hopefully I'll find some positives after I stop drinking. Right now it's doom and gloom.

The defense did a great job in the 1st half. But a combination of turnovers and time spent on the field killed them in the 2nd half. It must be absolutely demoralizing for the D to have an offense playing this style and are unable to consistently sustain drives. That interception thrown by Surratt, like last week, was an absolute back-breaker. The timing of that couldn't have been worse.

With all the injuries we've had to key play-makers, I'm surprised we haven't adjusted a bit to help the defense rest. It's almost like Fed is stubbornly sticking to what we do even when it's not working. It's a bit concerning that we aren't adjusting at least a little. I understand injuries have us where we are talent wise, but there is still talent on the field. They just don't look prepared.

On to Notre Dame now. I hope we can at least make a game of it. I'll be coming up from Florida to watch. I'd like to see some competitive football. I'll enjoy myself though. I'm not traveling that far to be miserable, regardless of the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT