ADVERTISEMENT

How much more dangerous would Carolina be if Cadeau would look to score more when he drives instead of trying to force passes in the lane

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Yes I know he is small player and he is just shooting free throws around 60 percent but he is so quick I feel he can go to the hole anytime he wants and try and score.

His outside shooting has also not been great but he needs to at least try a couple a game so that future opponents and defenders will not back off of him like they did to Leaky Black last season.

As I have mentioned before he kind of reminds me of Jimmy Black who also did not look to score that often but Black also had teammates of: Worthy, Jordan and Perkins who scored a ton of points so his scoring was not needed.

Cadeau is presently averaging a little over 6 points a game but I truly believe if he took more chances of going to the hole he could easily average closer to double digits just from the free throws he would earn.

Does anyone agree with me that he could be the X factor as Carolina faces the meat of their schedule in regards to ACC play…

If I am an opposing coach against UNC the last thing I want to do is to give one of the most creative PGs in the country free reign to do anything he wants while I run a defender off of him over to someone else. That kid can carve you up even hard defended, why would I want to give him a free look with no pressure? Who is his PG defender going to double, it would have to be RJ yet look at all the other options Cadeau would have, ya gonna leave him alone as he drives to the basket? LOL Now if Cadeau gives up his dribble I can see backing off for sure.

I hope opposing coaches do dare Cadeau to shoot, just drive the void, they don't want him with a head of steam driving, he gets to select who guards him in that event as well as who he wants to draw off defense of. If I backed off and dared to shoot anyone it would be Seth or JWit, I would make them prove they can make it, if it were a starter I would maybe back off Ingram so I could double Bacot on the catch, no good choice to back off of in our starters IMO.

Reactions: thompsjj
I know EC will become that player, but as of now, I want him to look for the pass.

How much more dangerous? Would depend on if he hits the extra shots, or if he misses he throws off a rhythm we have right now.

I am very confident EC will become elite at all aspects of the game, but some how where he is currently at in his development is good for the team. Just my thoughts.

Needs a ton of work and 500 shots a day on his outside sjhot...even his fts are in need of work. Once he gets the confidence with his shot.....really gonna be dangerous You ll notice that HD has him on the bench in the last 5 minutes. RJ has such an incredible ft % that EC really must sit. Very bright future for the young man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT