ADVERTISEMENT

If Fedora is back for 2019

Coaching staff the same next year this is how I see it. Hope I am very wrong.
South Carolina - Loss
Wake - loss
App State - toss up
Mercer - Win
Clemson - Loss
Duke - toss up
Miami - Loss
Virginia - loss
Georgia Tech - loss
NC State - Loss
Pitt - loss
VT - win
Hopefully win one of the 2 toss ups
3-9 final record
Fedora evidently sold his soul to the Devil to beat Pitt every year. We will beat Pitt nest year.

The same guys that predicted 6-8 wins last year and another 6-8 wins this year are at it again when looking at next year. When does it end guys? At least come with something objective because we are what 3-20 in our last 23 games against D1a opponents with no signs for upward movement. 3-20. Let that sink in.

FIRE FEDORA.

when larry decided a pass-oriented game plan was a good idea in a hurricane he needed to be fired the next day. unfortunately (for him and for us) his limited intelligence does not suffice in a highly paid, highly competitive profession full of really smart guys.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
The same guys that predicted 6-8 wins last year and another 6-8 wins this year are at it again when looking at next year. When does it end guys? At least come with something objective because we are what 3-20 in our last 23 games against D1a opponents with no signs for upward movement. 3-20. Let that sink in.
We definitely have the talent coming back next year to win 8, even 9 or 10, against that schedule.

That is the issue: Fedora underachieves every year.

That's so obvious because Narduzzi has the second coming of Peyton Manning at Pitt.
His touch isn't great, but Pickett has some distance, and he can also use his legs when needed. Elliot doesn't have distance, has poor touch and accuracy and is more of a stumbler than a runner.

Gimme Pickett and we beat Cal, ECU, several other teams.

Nice deflection.

Again, nobody is winning the Coastal with Elliott as their starting QB
I'd like to know who is stupid enough to think that Pickett is definitely a better QB than Elliott.

Pickett now definitely looks better, because he is better coached. That idiot Fedora would have Pickett looking like a QB who could not beat this year's Louisville.

I'd like to know who is stupid enough to think that Pickett is definitely a better QB than Elliott.

Pickett now definitely looks better, because he is better coached. That idiot Fedora would have Pickett looking like a QB who could not beat this year's Louisville.
Lol

Fedora squeezed every bit of juice he could out of Elliott. His numbers would be much worse elsewhere. Pickett’s would be much better here

I agree with woad. We had the talent to win the Coastal this season with better coaching.

When I predicted 6-8 wins for 2018 I did not know the following about our D:
a) Carney suspended 3 games
b) Fox suspended 3 games
c) Crawford misses every game
d) KJ Sails only plays 3 games
e) CJ Cotman only plays 3 games
f) Cater out for season end of yr
g) Dalton would have back surgery which cuts his games and PT in half.
h) Jonathon Smith would miss half the yr to injury
i) Jeremiah Gemmel would miss half the yr to injury
j) malik robinson would miss the entire yr with injury (and suspension)
k) Wolfolk would miss most of the yr to injury

I also didn't know the following about our O:
a) Elliot would be the sole option at QB due to injuries and suspensions
b) Williams Barnes would only play 2 games due to injury
c) JJ McCargo Michael Carter and Antonio Williams would be out for ECU gm

We all knew QB would be a question mark, can't win many games without a decent QB. I felt Chazz would improve enough over last yr to be decent when combined with our dynamic RBs and WRs. Maybe he didn't improve as a passer but his legs were electric vs Miami. At least he couldn't been a running QB and at least he could throw a long-ball if needed. He clearly is a better option than Elliot.

Some of us thought linebacker would be a huge question-mark and that the DL would be the strength of the team. Can't win many games without decent DL play. Well the DL was decimated by injuries and suspensions. Our DL 2-deep has missed at least 3 players every game this yr, often more.

You can say "all teams deal with injuries", but we had a massive amount this yr, more so than any yr in memory outside 2017. Coupled with the suspensions the "talent" on this team was all on the sidelines. Can't win without talent, regardless of who the coach is.

Remove the above and I see us winning 6 or 7 regular season games this yr.

We were blown out by ECU, Miami, and mauled by UVA, but every other game was really close (excluding ECU & Miami the average margin of loss was 6 points)

Reactions: ticket2ride04
When I predicted 6-8 wins for 2018 I did not know the following about our D:
a) Carney suspended 3 games
b) Fox suspended 3 games
c) Crawford misses every game
d) KJ Sails only plays 3 games
e) CJ Cotman only plays 3 games
f) Cater out for season end of yr
g) Dalton would have back surgery which cuts his games and PT in half.
h) Jonathon Smith would miss half the yr to injury
i) Jeremiah Gemmel would miss half the yr to injury
j) malik robinson would miss the entire yr with injury (and suspension)
k) Wolfolk would miss most of the yr to injury

I also didn't know the following about our O:
a) Elliot would be the sole option at QB due to injuries and suspensions
b) Williams Barnes would only play 2 games due to injury
c) JJ McCargo Michael Carter and Antonio Williams would be out for ECU gm

We all knew QB would be a question mark, can't win many games without a decent QB. I felt Chazz would improve enough over last yr to be decent when combined with our dynamic RBs and WRs. Maybe he didn't improve as a passer but his legs were electric vs Miami. At least he couldn't been a running QB and at least he could throw a long-ball if needed. He clearly is a better option than Elliot.

Some of us thought linebacker would be a huge question-mark and that the DL would be the strength of the team. Can't win many games without decent DL play. Well the DL was decimated by injuries and suspensions. Our DL 2-deep has missed at least 3 players every game this yr, often more.

You can say "all teams deal with injuries", but we had a massive amount this yr, more so than any yr in memory outside 2017. Coupled with the suspensions the "talent" on this team was all on the sidelines. Can't win without talent, regardless of who the coach is.

Remove the above and I see us winning 6 or 7 regular season games this yr.

We were blown out by ECU, Miami, and mauled by UVA, but every other game was really close (excluding ECU & Miami the average margin of loss was 6 points)
This is a reasonable post. You can want to move on from Fedora but not be totally deranged by him. Fedora has become the lightening rod for a lot of angry fans.

Reminds me of Trump Derangment Syndrome

as long as we have Fed on the sidelines i think it's safe to assume you'll be able to put a list of excuses together to justify the poor results. the first step is admitting you have a problem - it's not just bad luck. it's time to realize that 15 was the outlier, not all the other seasons, especially the last 2.

as long as we have Fed on the sidelines i think it's safe to assume you'll be able to put a list of excuses together to justify the poor results. the first step is admitting you have a problem - it's not just bad luck. it's time to realize that 15 was the outlier, not all the other seasons, especially the last 2.
What about 2016 when we were ranked mid-season and espn had us finishing 21 in FPI, and S&P+ also had us 21?

The dook and state games were chokes (Fed is good for a few chokes per yr for sure), and our fans are emotionally attached to those two games, but statistically that was a good team - top 21 from an unemotional perspective.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/year/2016
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa2016

I don't see 2015 or 2016 as poor results, nothing bad luck about either of those.

Do you guys watch App St ,they are as good as NC State or Virginia, they will beat the Heels and have waited a lifetime to do it..

There was a time when fed was one of the hottest names in coaching when vacanies came up. Cant blame bubba for sealing him up. There woulda been a riot if tenn or sc had snatched him away. Now not so much. Lol. The fact here we are praying for 7 wins next year with a patsy schedule this far into feds tenure is reason enough to say its time for a change.

Do you guys watch App St ,they are as good as NC State or Virginia, they will beat the Heels and have waited a lifetime to do it..
Yep. Every school in NC would love to beat UNC - the worse the beating the better.

Also, Satterfield is from Hillsborough and was never offered by UNC. Most competitive guys have this attitude: you didn't think I was good enough to play for you, well, now I'll show you something.

Lol

Fedora squeezed every bit of juice he could out of Elliott. His numbers would be much worse elsewhere. Pickett’s would be much better here
By your logic, if not for super QB guru Larry, Marquise Williams would have been unfit for even NCA&T. Too bad Williams didn't get 10 years under Larry - then he would have become a starter in the NFL - not just a started but an All Pro.

It just now hit me: that's why Larry refused to play Trubisky, assuming he would have him 5 years - the more time with Larry, the much better Mitch would become.

Maybe the NCAA should allow Larry to redshirt QBs for 3 years, giving him 7 years to guru them into near perfection. Elliott could be All ACC after 7 years under Larry.

You know Kenny Pickett is just kicking himself for not being good enough to get gurued by Larry the QB Whisperer.

This is a reasonable post. You can want to move on from Fedora but not be totally deranged by him. Fedora has become the lightening rod for a lot of angry fans.

Reminds me of Trump Derangment Syndrome

Blazer, I acknowledge that the injuries and suspensions have had an impact at some level. That being said, we have to expect some of these things given the nature of the sport along with guys being 18-22 for the most part. The issue and I’ve said it many times is that we have zero quality depth especially at many of the key skill positions. I think we upgraded nicely at RB this year but QB play as we all know has been awful. The receiving corps are better than I expected but what I’d still consider bottom third talent wise in the league. Same on the defensive side of the ball. Again, Fedora is responsible for the output and regardless of the variables, we have been very bad the last few years with minimal signs of a big jump coming in the near future based on returners and recruits on the way.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Blazer, I acknowledge that the injuries and suspensions have had an impact at some level. That being said, we have to expect some of these things given the nature of the sport along with guys being 18-22 for the most part. The issue and I’ve said it many times is that we have zero quality depth especially at many of the key skill positions. I think we upgraded nicely at RB this year but QB play as we all know has been awful. The receiving corps are better than I expected but what I’d still consider bottom third talent wise in the league. Same on the defensive side of the ball. Again, Fedora is responsible for the output and regardless of the variables, we have been very bad the last few years with minimal signs of a big jump coming in the near future based on returners and recruits on the way.
You are wrong on skill depth. We are deep at running back, wr, and te. We just don’t have a QB that can get it to them. We have wrs running free every game but the ball never gets there.

You are wrong on skill depth. We are deep at running back, wr, and te. We just don’t have a QB that can get it to them. We have wrs running free every game but the ball never gets there.

Ticket, you must not have read the post in detail. I said most skill positions and actually highlighted RB and WR as positives, more so than I expected. I’m still not sure how good some of our receivers are because of the shit we have throwing the ball to them. They could be great. Frankly, none of us know until we get a QB that can throw the ball past 10-15 yards. We still lack quality depth in most other areas. As we both know, having warm bodies as depth won’t move the needle for us.

Ticket, you must not have read the post in detail. I said most skill positions and actually highlighted RB and WR as positives, more so than I expected. I’m still not sure how good some of our receivers are because of the shit we have throwing the ball to them. They could be great. Frankly, none of us know until we get a QB that can throw the ball past 10-15 yards. We still lack quality depth in most other areas. As we both know, having warm bodies as depth won’t move the needle for us.
Right. But skill positions only relate to QB, WR, and TE.

Right. But skill positions only relate to QB, WR, and TE.

Technically correct but I lumped defensive backs into that group. We are marginal at best for the most part minus the few highlights noted offensively. Depth still isn’t where we need it to be even in those areas.

Technically correct but I lumped defensive backs into that group. We are marginal at best for the most part minus the few highlights noted offensively. Depth still isn’t where we need it to be even in those areas.
Agreed with that. Depth outside of the skill positions is bad. Dline looked to be better coming into the year but that fell apart. I do think we have some young talent in the backfield, but def not deep.

:(

We have two QB's on the roster who can be really damn good if they stay healthy. With better play calling and a solid o-line, the offensive production could be really good for the next 4 years.

blazers, i think 16 was a bad year. it was a good team, don't remember them finishing in the top 25 though - lost 3 of the last 4. but finishing in the top 25 can be a down year if you have top 10 talent. the vt game plan and losing to duke, state and the bowl game in the last 4 games took all the luster off the season. should have won the coastal and capitalized on the 15 season. and best i remember the injury to hollins was used as the scapegoat - no deep threat.

blazers, i think 16 was a bad year. it was a good team, don't remember them finishing in the top 25 though - lost 3 of the last 4. but finishing in the top 25 can be a down year if you have top 10 talent. the vt game plan and losing to duke, state and the bowl game in the last 4 games took all the luster off the season. should have won the coastal and capitalized on the 15 season. and best i remember the injury to hollins was used as the scapegoat - no deep threat.
Regarding hollins-scapegoat, there is a debated reason for every loss. No Marvin tweet and Butch doesn't go winless vs ncsu . Back to 2016, those dook/state/bowl losses were by a combined ten points. Emotion says that was a poor yr, but logic and stats say it was a good team.

They were a good team blazers. My point is they were better than an 8-4 team. And we need to get out of the close losses aren't that bad mode. That only works if you are a clear underdog to a really good team. Close losses are losses. Just like our close wins are wins.

We have two QB's on the roster who can be really damn good if they stay healthy. With better play calling and a solid o-line, the offensive production could be really good for the next 4 years.
Without any doubt we have pieces for a killer offense next year and two more - unless poor recruiting means that by 2020 we lack needed depth.

So if we land a good new coach, things can be bright starting with 2019.

Our football program sux so bad we would be better off with Chuckie Almato as our coach. Our program has us looking like clowns and Larry is Bozo. There is nothing that can be done except handing the reins to someone else and going forward...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT