ADVERTISEMENT

If Mack has any decency

What do you think about the Coach at Army…
Jeff Moncken has been the most successful Army coach in many decades. The man has 2 double digit win teams and 2 more 9 win teams. He is the only Army coach to take 3 consecutive teams to bowls. His teams are defined by endlessly tough battling. They are never soft, never complacent.

The big issue is that he is a Paul Johnson running triple option coach. That is a key help for service academies with their built in limitations, but it is limiting to any program that would aspire to win a Major conference championship.

Could he hire an OC who is not about triple option run game? Yes. Rat Face coached very differently at Army than he did even in his first year at Dook.

not at all trying to make excuses believe me, because there are none. But I also won't pass up an opportunity to bitch about poor officiating. That first dook TD was scored because on that play, the refs missed a hold against one of our guys who almost certainly would have cut him off just as the dookie was cutting up toward the EZ.

That being said, after DECADES of being a diehard Carolina football fan, for the very first time I have all but completely lost interest in us. Of course I said something similar after JM yet I was right there again for dook.
I completely lost interest when they was moving in the right direction and pushed Butch out, we were on pace to move the program in the direction Clemson when in when they hired Dabo, but we killed that.

Reactions: bluetoe
I completely lost interest when they was moving in the right direction and pushed Butch out, we were on pace to move the program in the direction Clemson when in when they hired Dabo, but we killed that.
I'm with you there my friend. Butch Davis was literally a dream come true for me, and when the dust settled enough for it to be known that he wasn't being held directly responsible, I was ecstatic. And then the moron representing the 'football smells dirty to our elitist-wannabe crowd' lowered the boom.

I didn't completely lose interest in football at that time but my perception of my beloved university will never be the same. To me it was like the University of North Carolina at Mayberry where Dean Andy Griffith had retired and Barney Fife was now trying to run the show.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed what I think I have over the course of time. When we are svcking our worst, it seems that the fundamentals have regressed to pee wee level. I notice it mostly in tackling. In the dook game for instance, we looked refreshingly adept in that regard in the first half, but in the second half we did a lot of grabbing at the upper body. I wonder if what is missing is the coaching of toughness and discipline.

I also thought some of the playcalling was mindless. Why go downfield when you desperately need two yards and the 'run Hampton up the gut' play isn't consistently effective. Are you telling me you can't dump a ball short or install some comeback routes?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT